Cuts

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

If cuts come to the office of the ageing in Herkimer....

staff/pay should be cut before meals are cut...
Responsible

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Cuts wrote:
If cuts come to the office of the ageing in Herkimer....
staff/pay should be cut before meals are cut...
If cuts come, you should feed your own parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Why should government provide everything, especially basics that family members can and should provide for loved ones. Be responsible
MoW insider

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
If cuts come, you should feed your own parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Why should government provide everything, especially basics that family members can and should provide for loved ones. Be responsible
most elderly people don't have family members available to take care of them. a daughter may have moved to another state years ago when the parents were healthy and be married with a good job and three kids in a local school. what is that daughter supposed to do, uproot everything to come home and make Mom hot dogs and egg salad sandwiches for lunch?

and, Meals on Wheels charges seniors $3 per meal -- about $60 a month. It is a "donation" but many seniors pay it. so it's not like they are getting meals for free.

seniors paid taxes their entire lives, it's not unreasonable to give them a return on their years of taxpaying with a hot meal they would otherwise not have. being involved in Meals on Wheels I can say the meal delivery is the highlight of the day for many senior shut-ins.

except those who get meals made by the Knights Inn in Little Falls - those meals are disgracefully bad and are really the shame of the Herkimer County Meals on Wheels program,

along with the "waiting list" they maintain. even now, seniors who try to sign up for meals are put on a "waiting list". Herkimer County OFA has been lax in its management of Meals on Wheels with rampant waste and the Legislature has chosen to ignore the issue.
Responsible

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I heard on the radio the other day that over 400 meals are served per day. I bet if you surveyed most of the recepients, you would find they have local family. Thats the shame and that is my arguement. What does paying taxes have to do with what I stated? We definitely have people who need help, don't get me wrong, but families need to step up. Thats all I said.
I should have known I would find I pissing match on this sh#t site. BTW, no one is denied unless they are not on an existing route. It is impossible to accomodate all due to geography and logistics. Stop spreading lies.
Also when funding was short, I believe the Legislature approved $$ to accomodate the waiting list you talk about. More unfounded BS from this site and people that like to be grumpy.
sequestration

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

The fact is the meals will not just stop because of the sequestration. The meals will still be delivered because
they've been allotted for already. That should include
fuel allowances going to the driver's as well. The sequ-
estration, cuts should'nt immediately stop the meals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 1 hr D A Dumbss 9
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rush Limpballs 6,331
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 3 hr Mandarin 11
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Billy O Liar 16,768
destroy middle east 4 hr infidels 6
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Billy O Liar 6,353
Who has the biggest REAREND in HERKImER 8 hr fucillo huge 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE