Herkimer plans- demolish all main str...

Herkimer plans- demolish all main street BLDS from study

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Official

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2012
New it would come to this
Grammar Police

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2012
How about you KNEW it would come to this. Dumb Azz!
LWD

United States

#3 Jan 5, 2012
This is the best idea for the street since its old and diseased. Anyone doing business on main are dirtbags to strat.
reality check

New York, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2012
I hope no money was paid for this "study" concerning what ails main street Herkimer! How ignorant can ths Herkimer Now group be??? All they need do is log on to Herkimer Topix. All of the area's problems are discussed and solved right here.
what

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2012
reality check wrote:
I hope no money was paid for this "study" concerning what ails main street Herkimer! How ignorant can ths Herkimer Now group be??? All they need do is log on to Herkimer Topix. All of the area's problems are discussed and solved right here.
Are you kidding me???Herkimer wasted $5000 plus for this study as mentioned in the papers last week or so. I would guess they had some sort of grant to utilize so waste it on a study since all of Herkimer officials know nothing about business or how to just create policy for main street renters, landlords and businesses like they do in other areas of the state like Cooperstown and Saratoga. You won't see those type of businesses in respectable areas of the state but Herkimer ....YESS>>>>>
outsider

New York, NY

#6 Jan 5, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me???Herkimer wasted $5000 plus for this study as mentioned in the papers last week or so. I would guess they had some sort of grant to utilize so waste it on a study since all of Herkimer officials know nothing about business or how to just create policy for main street renters, landlords and businesses like they do in other areas of the state like Cooperstown and Saratoga. You won't see those type of businesses in respectable areas of the state but Herkimer ....YESS>>>>>
actually, they didn't. It was paid for with money for a grant.
outsider

New York, NY

#7 Jan 5, 2012
*from a grant
Disgusted

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 5, 2012
Steuben Street is a hole too, where's my 5K for figuring that out?
WHAT about it

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2012
Paid from a grant means..monies were paid to this person that they could have spent on something else unless it was specifically used for this. A waste of grant money that should never have been paid.
Problems with main now is that HERKIMER let in Walmart, Lowes and all these DOLLAR type stores.

If these stores were not here in Herkimer then Herkimer could have had retailers still on main unless other neighboring towns got suckered in to get them stores for their towns.

Keep the big shops in UTICA and smaller villages like Herkimer could have been like a Cooperstown or Saratoga being its right off the thruway.

Main could have had some restaurants, coffee shop, bakery, clothing shops(specialty), toy shops and folks would have shopped it like New Hartford Shopping center...no different if they are all right on one street.

The Mungers bld could have been a center point to stop in for longer periods and then hit the street for everything else.

With no regulation you get what you see. Policy needs to be forced on ALL landlords and property owners from corner to corner to clean up their buildings and put their section 8 collected monies to fix their properties up.

Just look at the dump above the mattress place that Mason owned....take a look up while driving by and see how the windows look next time you go by it.

Look at the face of just about all the buildings on main being they are not regulated by codes and if they are they get just a slap in the hand and repairs never happen.

Someone should take pics to put out publicly of what the apartments really look like above to see if landlords take care of their sec.8 tenants.

Sec.8 tenants should not be allowed on main and should have housing specifically off main.

Property owners should have to go through the village before renting to anyone and have the village screen potential tenants and their backgrounds.

Property owners who have store fronts should either block out their windows and put professional FOR RENT signs in and have the spaces ready. If the spaces are nice and ready to rent then display the place with the windows open to see in and not look at a bunch of trash with a for rent sign.

Who the FK would rent a DUMP???TRASH..that's who.....if it looks dumpy then you will get trash for tenants.

Look at the old Beanies place which was a nice looking place on main but put of a dirtbag street...that was the nicest looking business on main at the time.

now the street is head shops, tanning, smoke shops and dead beat bars.

If you own a bld and get violations then you should be forced to get them up to codes to meet potential new laws for the street if one wants to own property on the street...look at the dumps next to Collis hardware and Brians dump of a facade.

Eating at the Diner is a depressing time while have that view to look at i am sure.

Not to mention North Main too..same issues....
All the low lifes live up there too.

If the village puts together regulations and pass it for Main street then it would be a start to put pressure on the property owners.

Fix the buildings up first and have the Village give some incentives to have retailers to come in and try.

Have the village offer a three-four months free renting pass to have a retailer try as see how it goes with them only being responsible for utilities with no obligation. Village would then work out a fee to pay landlords for this grant. If the store goes well then they work out their terms with landlord and then must comply with town business laws for main street to keep active.

Have the village spend on a face lift on the sidewalks and do them all together and just do it.

Keep the college kids off main for housing

regulate how many of same type stores are one the street.

We only need one type of each store not several of the same competing.

Keep nation chain stores off the street if you want it local.

Herk wants a change then this is what needs to be done.
Disgusted

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Jan 5, 2012
Oh, gimme more money, Prospect Street isn't livable.
outsider

New York, NY

#11 Jan 5, 2012
I guess you don't understand how a grant works. See someone grants money to someone else with specific purposes for that money. The grant money was for this study and nothing else. No matter what, Herkimer did not use $5K of its own money regardless.
OKay

United States

#12 Jan 5, 2012
So you are saying it cost 5 grand to have some person come in and do something Herkimer could have done themselves?

What exactly was the itemized INV for the 5 grand?

Did 5 grand or more go direct to the person who came in for the review?

What exactly was the "STUDY'? Study my azz.... there was no study..what the hell would you study?
ConnieV

New York, NY

#13 Jan 5, 2012
reality check wrote:
I give the Herkimer Now group credit for what they are trying to do. No, they will not be able to perform miracles, but their voice means something. Keep at it and the powers that be will have to enforce rules, regs and codes.
OKay

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2012
Herkimer officials just plain out don't listen when retailers who were there tried to speak and help the street on their own.

A plan of action was needed and then funding can be discussed after a plan gets in place but they needed to put their monies towards the dumb xmas lighting and the myers park pavilion waste of money....and they don't even have good entertainment due to the old fks who live around the park.

Oh and the street lamps....to light up the dirt I guess.

Too many chiefs running the village and they all are dumb azzes.
Windy

United States

#15 Jan 5, 2012
Isn't the village getting HUGE monies from the wind turbines in Fairfield that they wanted also so bad.

Another town ruined by industry...drive up and you will see..
outsider

New York, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2012
Windy wrote:
Isn't the village getting HUGE monies from the wind turbines in Fairfield that they wanted also so bad.
Another town ruined by industry...drive up and you will see..
The turbines are not in the Village of Herkimer so they get nothing from it. What planet are you living on?
Inout

New York, NY

#17 Jan 5, 2012
Grant money means it was paid by all of us NY taxpayers instead of just village taxpayers. That's just great. And the Telegram reported that the village had to kick in $1000 toward the grant funding of $4000. Why they had them come in the middle of winter when no trash was hanging out on the street is a wonder. All they had to do was ask people who live in the village what to do - paying someone $5000 is joke. I wonder if she even saw that hideous painted over blacktop they put over where the grass used to be between the curb and sidewalk. Hey - think she spent the night in Herkimer? Also, the village needs to look ahead - and not keeping saying how it used to be.
dummies

New York, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2012
Inout wrote:
Grant money means it was paid by all of us NY taxpayers instead of just village taxpayers. That's just great. And the Telegram reported that the village had to kick in $1000 toward the grant funding of $4000. Why they had them come in the middle of winter when no trash was hanging out on the street is a wonder. All they had to do was ask people who live in the village what to do - paying someone $5000 is joke. I wonder if she even saw that hideous painted over blacktop they put over where the grass used to be between the curb and sidewalk. Hey - think she spent the night in Herkimer? Also, the village needs to look ahead - and not keeping saying how it used to be.
Except the grant didn't come from NYS, it came from a private foundation.

You're not bright enough to be a taxpayer anyway.
Hello

Whitesboro, NY

#19 Jan 5, 2012
Inout wrote:
The funding came from the Oneida/Herkimer Community Foundation.They area a private organization. The funding was not taxpayers monies.
Take a closer look at the article you are referencing.
yes indeed

New York, NY

#20 Jan 5, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
The funding came from the Oneida/Herkimer Community Foundation.They area a private organization. The funding was not taxpayers monies.
Take a closer look at the article you are referencing.
Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Claudia Tenny the cowardly Congresswoman 2 hr Libtard 7
Wendi @ Paul Kitk 23 hr Anonymous 1
Romas Pizza Sucks Mon SoDead 50
Does anyone know if Mark Rende is in the restau... Mon Where is Mark Rende 1
New Save-a-Lot grocery Mon HerkJerk 13
herkimer motel hiding inmates? Mon lawrence s 15
Robert ....cart pushing stinky guy from herkimer Mon The Obvious 8

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance