Trick Or Treating
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Halloween

Rome, NY

#1 Oct 28, 2009
Does anyone know when and what time Trick or treating is? I heard Ilion is doing it Friday, is Herkimer doing theirs on Saturday and if so what time?
herkimer

Syracuse, NY

#2 Oct 28, 2009
the village of Herkimer is Saturday, 5:00-7:00
Happy Halloween

Rome, NY

#3 Oct 28, 2009
Thank you very much.
concerned citizen

West Leyden, NY

#4 Oct 28, 2009
Happy Halloween wrote:
Does anyone know when and what time Trick or treating is? I heard Ilion is doing it Friday, is Herkimer doing theirs on Saturday and if so what time?
Check the Evening Telegram on-line, this story was in tuesdays Paper.

Herkimer Sets Trick or Treat
HERKIMER Trick or treating in Herkimer will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Mayor Gary Ainsworth said.

This year, all trick or treaters in Herkimer ages 16 and under will be required to wear helmets for their own safety, Mayor Ainsworth added.

Bicycle or football helmets or other types of protective headwear are acceptable, Ainsworth said. The Herkimer Fire Department will have a selection of helmets available to borrow for families needing helmets. A $25 deposit is required.

Helmets are required for trick or treaters as a result of Local Law #2 passed in June by the Village Board. Parents of helmetless children observed on Herkimer streets during Trick or Treat will be ticketed and subject to fines of up to $250.

"Helmets provide important protection for head safety," said Herkimer Trustee Gary Hartman, a candidate for County Legislature. "I myself have fallen quite badly several times and endangered my well-being and by extension the well-being of the village of Herkimer."

"I wear a helmet most of the time now, and always, always, always when I am drinking," Hartman said.
Laughing out loud

AOL

#5 Oct 29, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
HERKIMER Trick or treating in Herkimer will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Mayor Gary Ainsworth said.
This year, all trick or treaters in Herkimer ages 16 and under will be required to wear helmets for their own safety, Mayor Ainsworth added.
Bicycle or football helmets or other types of protective headwear are acceptable, Ainsworth said. The Herkimer Fire Department will have a selection of helmets available to borrow for families needing helmets. A $25 deposit is required.
Helmets are required for trick or treaters as a result of Local Law #2 passed in June by the Village Board. Parents of helmetless children observed on Herkimer streets during Trick or Treat will be ticketed and subject to fines of up to $250.
"Helmets provide important protection for head safety," said Herkimer Trustee Gary Hartman, a candidate for County Legislature. "I myself have fallen quite badly several times and endangered my well-being and by extension the well-being of the village of Herkimer."
"I wear a helmet most of the time now, and always, always, always when I am drinking," Hartman said.
This is good!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 29, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the funniest thing i have ever read on topix. of course, it's funny now, but some day.
Jesus Jones

Herkimer, NY

#9 Oct 29, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is freaking priceless. LOL and spitting things out!!!
Rooting for yah

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2009
good except it's Mark Ainsworth.

Since: Oct 09

AOL

#11 Oct 29, 2009
This is a joke right? OMG....what's next. Are the kids riding bikes or tricker treating...give me a break. Are all the towns requiring this or just Herkimer?
Jesus Jones

Herkimer, NY

#12 Oct 30, 2009
Yes "Youve Got To B Kidding" all towns now require trick or treaters to wear helmets. There will also be a free Jack Daniels and Donuts party at the fire house immediately following the festivities.
NOT REAL

Rome, NY

#13 Oct 30, 2009
this was not in the paper, someone is just going around posting it on all the towns sites. Just to see how many people are stupid enough to follow it and see how many people make their kids go around with helmets on.

“Fairfield”

Since: Aug 08

Fairfield

#14 Oct 30, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of the funniest things I have read on this forum. Tip of the hat to you, sir.
Elsbeth

West Leyden, NY

#16 Oct 30, 2009
NOT REAL wrote:
this was not in the paper, someone is just going around posting it on all the towns sites. Just to see how many people are stupid enough to follow it and see how many people make their kids go around with helmets on.
I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 Oct 30, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#18 Oct 31, 2009
for halloween, my kid is dressing up like a retard that beats his head against walls, so a bike helmet is part of the costume anyway.

“Upscale Trailer Trash”

Since: Jan 09

Sauquoit

#19 Oct 31, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
LMDFAO... I bow before your genius... Very well done :-)
East Uticaian

Utica, NY

#20 Oct 28, 2010
when is trick or treating in utica??
bel

Clayton, NY

#21 Oct 29, 2010
East Uticaian wrote:
when is trick or treating in utica??
Sunday
west uticain

Utica, NY

#22 Oct 27, 2011
utica has trick or treating on sunday??? from what time to what time? and is it different times south/west/east/north?
how about this year

New York, NY

#23 Oct 27, 2011
does anyone know when herkimer is doing it this year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote republican 2 hr andersoncoppersafag 2
Jeff Carpenter investigating the Herkimer Baseb... 11 hr TimeIsUp 19
Hottest Girl in Herkimer? (Jul '10) 15 hr Crazy Pills 34
Papaleos Pizzeria Mon concerned citizen 49
How Do I Seduce My Grandmother ? (Feb '10) Sun Grandma fuckboi 67
Delayne baumann Sun People are scumbags 1
stage two theater company = no go Sun Concerned866 1

Herkimer Jobs

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages