People in Herkimer who Made a Difference (A Good One)

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Long Gone

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2008

I can't forget the man who worked behind the camera counter at the card shop on N. Main St. I know, if he made a difference why can't I remember his name :) I think his name was William. Gray hair, kind of a flat top, or at least short. He used to let me buy photography equipment and make monthly payments. That was something unheard of for a young person in those days.
Even after I joined the Marines and lived in NC he would let me do the same thing when I was home on leave. He was a great guy and I appreciate him.
Memory of McDonalds

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2008

I can't help but remember a very old man who worked at the Herkimer McDonalds back in the 70's.

He always had a smile on his face, and did all of the sweeping and mopping for McDonalds. He took great pride in his job, and always seemed so happy to be working!

He was a kind old soul, and I want the public to remember how much of a difference his upbeat attitude and kind ways influenced me as a young child.

God Bless his soul!
Just Off Center

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Katie, who used to work at the counter at the old Howard Johnsons, she always made your visit pleasant.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2008

Judged:

leo rivers, he owned the gas station where german st. hits rt. 28. he would let us charge gas, when we were kids, and didn't have the money. he would fix a flat tire for a dollar. i remember when we were real little and would trick or treat, he would reach behind the counter and give us a full size candy bar. if your car was broke down and you had any questions about it, he seemed to know everything. i remember as a grown man going to his wake, and thinking, the true measure of a man is the length of the line down the sidewalk at his wake. his line was a long one. you don't seem to find many people like them any more.
wheresthenews

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

Mr Gregorka (spelling?) was the dude from the camera shop. I remember he had original nintendo games for rent. he was awesome.
Jason

Lake Placid, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

What about the late Judge Mertha? He was part of the summer job program at BOCES many years ago when I was younger. I don't think I'd be the person I am today if I hadn't been on the receiving end of his caring demeanor. He touched many lives over the few summers I was fortunate enough to work with him.
i hate herkimer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

mr gregorka was a sub at herkimer high too. cool dude
Good Dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

What about Danny Boyle hes a good guy
Mike F

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

What about Mr. C at the music store? A lot of music we all listened to or tried to play on an instrument came out of that store on Main St. A fine example of small-town personal service!
ex-local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

i hate herkimer wrote:
mr gregorka was a sub at herkimer high too. cool dude

Wrong Gregorka, the sub was Gary and I can't recall the camera guys name. Both decent gents.

Rip from the Last Unicorn was always awesome to me as a child. I used to spend hours in there looking and records and tapes, listening to them etc. WTF happened. Hard to not miss the "old days".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Valley health Schrader & Watson 21 min what 102
Mayors circus 3 hr CURIOUS 5
Central Valley Central School 3 hr herkimer 2
Review: Oats Gym (Sep '08) 4 hr Bender 38
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 6 hr Aminal 70
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr lionland 6,326
Mike at Walmart 14 hr please 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE