Do political committees serve any useful purpose anymore?

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

SickNTired

Little Falls, NY

#1 Oct 10, 2013
If you are on a political committee and you don't do any of the following:

1) Gather signatures for petitions (25 or more)

2) Bring financial assistance for your party

3) Support the endorsed candidate (s)

4) Properly vet potential candidates

5) Give financial assistance and actually work for the endorsed candidate (S).

What business do you have being on the committee? Other than to give yourself some false sense of power. If you arn't doing at least 4 of the 5 listed above, you are irrelevant.You know who you are. Enjoy your free dinner.
crandall

New York, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2013
We serve our own agenda.
political freeloader

Ilion, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2013
SickNTired wrote:
Enjoy your free dinner.
thanks! yum yum in my big fat tum!
informed tax payer

Little Falls, NY

#4 Oct 12, 2013
They are on the committee for one reason, all you have to do is look at who is on the committee, two judges wives, several elected officials, so when it is an election year they have a vested interest in then they are active other wise its sit back and relax. One judges wife, got four signatures on her petitions, her son and some of his friends. But you can bet if her husband was up for election she would be right out there getting signatures.
ThereyaGo

Little Falls, NY

#5 Oct 12, 2013
So they are useless..........
WellThen

Little Falls, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2013
They can't even come up with poll watchers for a man who has served the community for 42 years. These dipchits endorsed him, now they won't work for him. They are all useless
DuhDuh

Little Falls, NY

#7 Oct 14, 2013
Why do you think Dave "Luvy" Mc Manus" didn't go to the Republicans. Because he knew how useless they were.He nearly beat the 42 incumbent in the primary within ten votes. Mc Manus WILL win the general election because he's not counting on the Republican party to do his work for him. Again chair women Rowan loses another election. Because she is soooooo smart?
RichardsFan

Little Falls, NY

#8 Oct 16, 2013
You need to get your own people Mr Richards. The Republican Party and it's leaders are useless, lazy, cheap and most important of all. They are stupid.
Resident

Little Falls, NY

#9 Nov 6, 2013
DuhDuh wrote:
Why do you think Dave "Luvy" Mc Manus" didn't go to the Republicans. Because he knew how useless they were.He nearly beat the 42 incumbent in the primary within ten votes. Mc Manus WILL win the general election because he's not counting on the Republican party to do his work for him. Again chair women Rowan loses another election. Because she is soooooo smart?
Told you,,,,,,,,,,No endorsement and he won as a republican
barfly

Cold Brook, NY

#10 Nov 6, 2013
political freeloader wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks! yum yum in my big fat tum!
We don't eat at rubber rudys sink hole any more, so our food and drinks are great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brennan the judge 53 min IncrediblyStupid 66
Tony Brendisi and the Village Board 9 hr Well 36
Kathy Farber Facebook post on taxpayer$$$ 11 hr Singer 9
Herkimer Humane Society Should Be at Fault 12 hr In the Know 7
4292 STATE ROUTE 28 in HERKIMER NY 20 hr DRAGNET 4
Valley health Schrader & Watson 22 hr detail 225
tearin up white hoes (Nov '10) Oct 18 number 1 17
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer Jobs