Almost August, Hows BurritosBlown doing?

Almost August, Hows BurritosBlown doing?

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jon Splinters

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2013
It's been several "blue moons" since John Winter took taxpayer monies for his Burrito Shack. If I was in Herkimer politics and had something to do with this travesty, i would move.
Phil Thee Muslim

Cortland, NY

#2 Jul 22, 2013
Will he serve falafel if he ever opens?
winters can suck it

West Salem, OH

#3 Jul 23, 2013
I want my 30000 dollar burrito damn it
oooppps

Uncasville, CT

#4 Jul 24, 2013
HEY just wait your turn IN LINE like everyone else..maybe the line should NOT be white powder and something would have happened by now..probably waiting for out college leaders to work the serving line??
Who Cares

Ilion, NY

#5 Jul 31, 2013
We don't need a sloppy burrito place in herkimer. Make some homemade food, it tastes better anyways.
John

Groton, NY

#6 Jul 31, 2013
At this point, I dont think anyone would eat there with all his drama with opening and possibly scamming monies.

Main st now has becone a front porch for all the low lifes. Just drive down now and look at all the goofs and monkeys in their chairs sitting on the sidewalks.

DUMP DUMP DUMP and just a place for that shack to open up to feed the scum of Herkimer
resident

New York, NY

#7 Jul 31, 2013
John wrote:
At this point, I dont think anyone would eat there with all his drama with opening and possibly scamming monies.
Main st now has becone a front porch for all the low lifes. Just drive down now and look at all the goofs and monkeys in their chairs sitting on the sidewalks.
DUMP DUMP DUMP and just a place for that shack to open up to feed the scum of Herkimer
Siting decisions are not Winter's forte. Just look at Utica. Rather than position his eatery in a prime traffic say in the vicinity of Sangertown, as many small restaurants have done, he squirrels the joint away at the ass-end of another building on French Road of all places.

That was OK enough when he was one of the few Tex-Mex games in town, but once Moe's moved in he got blown out of the water. In fact if Winter had played his cards right and had a proper location Moe's might not even have set up shop near Sangertown.

Now Herkimer. Winter selects a location on a socioecomic hellhole of a street that half the valley population won't event venture onto. Women in particular are frightened of the toothless lowlife welfare scumsuckers that loiter up and down Main Street at all hours, wearing their wife-beaters and puffing generic cigarettes and hooting and hollering at any piece of a** with the nerve to walk down the street.

Not to mention people who avoid Main Street simply because of those ridiculous nickel parking meters that the village idiots oops I mean village officials seem intent on restoring.

And then, with all his bluster and blaming others after securing $30,000 in funding and being a YEAR LATE in opening, Winter has turned off a fair number of prospective customers who work at the nearby village and county office buildings.

Nick Macri for instance LOVES LOVES LOVES Mexican food but do you think he'll visit Burrito Jonz affter Winter called him an "incompetent boob" on Facebook? LOL LOL LOL

The only way BJ makes it on Main Street is if Winter accepts food stamps and those college benefit cards.
herkimer confidential

Perth Amboy, NJ

#8 Jul 31, 2013
He illegally accepted food stamps at his utica location i heard.never saw it tho.yet good news for main street welfarites.as far as nick i still contend he got a kick back. We all know nick. Lol whatever happened with the david griffith connection, now theres a shady dude. I cant wait to see this whole thing thru. Who will be held responsible for this terrible waste of yet more taxayer monies
word on the street

Perth Amboy, NJ

#9 Jul 31, 2013
Is he is very close and as soon as his ingredients are imported from mars he plans to announce a spring of 2015 opening. Easy people hes in florida whats wrong with you angry gringos .dont be hating haters its a good scam he pulled
what a joke

Rochester, PA

#10 Aug 3, 2013
Damn near two years later to open a taco shack. Everyone should pretend they are opening a buisness get some free ida money
TLWS

New York, NY

#11 Aug 3, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Women in particular are frightened of the toothless lowlife welfare scumsuckers that loiter up and down Main Street at all hours, wearing their wife-beaters and puffing generic cigarettes and hooting and hollering at any piece of a** with the nerve to walk down the street.
that does seem to be the case
ida has free money

Emmaus, PA

#12 Aug 3, 2013
what a joke wrote:
Damn near two years later to open a taco shack. Everyone should pretend they are opening a buisness get some free ida money
right who couldnt use free money. The ida doesnt even care and apparently there contract isnt woeth the paper ita written on.because its painfully obvious hes already in default. The ida should immediately demand full refund. Just think of the legitimate buisnesses that missed out for this utica clown.closed down in utica , not open in herkimer nearly two years after receiving 30000 dollars in taxpayer money.successful buisness man i think NOT
IDA has free money

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Aug 4, 2013
I am thinking of applying for a grant now that i see there are no repercussions for not opening or paying the money back. I think herkimer could uae another hot dog buisness on main st.listen i waa very susccesful at selling them at football games .of course the village would need to by me 15000 woth of kitchen apparatus and subsidize my booths. And do ya think i could get some kind of employer matched subsidy to offset labor cost, i mean i am bringing 2 part timers on for 10 hrs a wk at 9.00. I expect to hear back anyday now with 100% funding for my buisness venture,as of now in the preliminary stages and upon receiving public funding. We can safely say a august 2017 opening should not be a problem barring any minor problems. Thx taxpayer s for the 30 grand see ya in '17.
Ravishingly Racist

Kirkville, NY

#14 Aug 4, 2013
Has anyone used the Fro Bros Koon Klippers barber shop, yet? That seems to be the booming business on Main Street.
ida has free money

Mooresville, NC

#15 Aug 5, 2013
Seriously is anyone at the village level or at the IDA following up on this thief. Or is the fix in. I will follow this burrito shack for the next three years as the contract states must maintain open and employment for 3 full time employees or be liable to refund the money pro rated yearly.im sure we can all agree its an impossibility to make it 3 yrs let alone 6 months.now lets make him stand to it if he ever opens.
ida has free money

Mooresville, NC

#16 Aug 5, 2013
Everyone should request a copy of IDA and village agreement,makes for interesting reading. Take ot one step farther and apply for free money with some half baked promise of opening a burrito shack.if they deny you funding sue the lowlifes. Whats good for one is good for all.and if they deny you, you will win your case. Precedent has been set already with this utica clown who even with herkimer and ida money couldnt keep his utica location open.
DOG N PONY

New York, NY

#17 Aug 5, 2013
Ravishingly Racist wrote:
Has anyone used the Fro Bros Koon Klippers barber shop, yet? That seems to be the booming business on Main Street.
BURRITO JONZ will be using HAIR CLIPPINGS swept up from the barbershop floor in its super tasty BURRITOS!
ida has free money

Mooresville, NC

#18 Aug 5, 2013
Read the contract people he is in default and the isa and village could care a less.talk about friends and family club.herkimer and the ida just look even moreyou stupid now then usual
BoneMe

Ilion, NY

#19 Aug 6, 2013
Let's see who will finish the remodeling first, Mcdonalds or Burritto Jones who has been at it for over a year. Any takers?
fn hilarious

Moore, SC

#20 Aug 7, 2013
Burritio shacks are now considered exciting new job oppurtunitys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Herkimer Co. Attorneys (Aug '08) 9 hr About time 38
Katie Mead looks like a obese grisly bear 12 hr Tommy 2 time 4
GOODBYE FRANK SPATTO..finally 12 hr Doc 22
corrupt herkimer cops, judges, da, parole, prob... 17 hr SOUTparkHASthe AN... 11
CHARLES MANSON IZZ DEAD you're next biotch 17 hr GLASSEYElives ETE... 1
Why do you people keep voting in Crandell?? 18 hr HEREcumDAjudgeAN DA 52
Herkimer Fire and HCCC alarms 19 hr HERKdrugsONcommsh... 29
Danny Bo Jive Boyle (Oct '14) 22 hr Highway girls 25

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages