Cash-strapped school districts gear up to slap state with a lawsuit

Feb 26, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKTV

Many high needs school districts want their fair share of funding and they're prepared to take the state to court.

Comments
61 - 76 of 76 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

USEurHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>After this problem solved? Please.

You keep waving a red flag over your ignorance.
To what payday do you mental-midgets keep referring???
Are you telling us you still haven't figured out that neighbors lied to you? Or are you one of the liar's?

You should have went to the superintendent budget meeting a week after the vote, it was absolutely "hilarious". I went for the entertainment value. Then I went to Tony's for a slice and an added laugh.
You are such a liar. 1- the superintendent at that time was tired out and quit. He had no fight left in him. So that meeting means nothing. 2- Tony's doesn't accept foodstamps so you lied about eating there too.
If you are so miserable because of the fact that your current welfare benefits aren't enough to live the life you want, here's a solution: merge families with one of your welfare neighbors. Then you can get benefits for twice as many dependents. Merging is so smart. Yay more money! Oh wait...same people, only more of them now :(
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

YourAMoron wrote:
<quoted text> You're an idiot. The entire board of education was present along with State officials monitoring the entire process as well as the Police dept. The other reason why the yes vote was weak in the end was because they ran out of teachers,retired teachers, family and school employees to strong arm. Democracy sucks doesn't it?
Except they weren't. Why on Earth would the police dept be monitoring the election besides the fact that THEY DON'T DO THAT.

The "yes" vote wasn't weak, it was nearly identical from the straw vote to the binding vote a month or two later.

Herkimer had 1,174 people propose the plan and 1,346 reject it.
In the straw vote, 1,160 voters in Herkimer said yes and 839 said no. The nearly 500 people who turned out additionally this time seemed to make all the difference.

there were 14 additional yes votes but over 500 additional no votes. Where did they find 500 additional people to vote? In the Herkimer School district, which is not very big to begin with.

Its called "VOTER FRAUD".
NO it is called

Sistersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

MAGIC,.....LOL LOL LOL@herkimer
Abracadabra

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Except they weren't. Why on Earth would the police dept be monitoring the election besides the fact that THEY DON'T DO THAT.
The "yes" vote wasn't weak, it was nearly identical from the straw vote to the binding vote a month or two later.
Herkimer had 1,174 people propose the plan and 1,346 reject it.
In the straw vote, 1,160 voters in Herkimer said yes and 839 said no. The nearly 500 people who turned out additionally this time seemed to make all the difference.
there were 14 additional yes votes but over 500 additional no votes. Where did they find 500 additional people to vote? In the Herkimer School district, which is not very big to begin with.
Its called "VOTER FRAUD".
you are retarded
wait a minute

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Are we still crying about the merger vote? Get over it, move on.
Jason Richards

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

"I believe in this town"...You saw my contradictory interview.

Everyone and I mean everyone on the south side of the river are very happy with the vote. Dollar to student it's better the way it turned out and with less hassle.
The extra students and our National Grid for example would have only been a mental and financial drain. Adding Herkimer in hindsight was not a benefit for them.

Now seeing how happy we are in Herkimer, writing letters to the governor and forging lawsuits to obtain necessary money to survive, it turns out the merger vote was a win win.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

wait a minute wrote:
Are we still crying about the merger vote? Get over it, move on.
I live in Herkimer and I'm not over it. As usual we were lied to by our own friends and we ended up fkin ourselves. Wow aren't we brilliant?
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Jason Richards wrote:
"I believe in this town"...You saw my contradictory interview.

Everyone and I mean everyone on the south side of the river are very happy with the vote. Dollar to student it's better the way it turned out and with less hassle.
The extra students and our National Grid for example would have only been a mental and financial drain. Adding Herkimer in hindsight was not a benefit for them.

Now seeing how happy we are in Herkimer, writing letters to the governor and forging lawsuits to obtain necessary money to survive, it turns out the merger vote was a win win.
Idiot. This has nothing to do with not merging. This money was taken away illegally. If you would rather roll over for the government because they would rather strongarm you with plan B (merger) then you are weak. We are demanding what was righfully due and was never delivered. If that is stupid to you then you must be an idiot.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

Lark Lancer wrote:
<quoted text>I live in Herkimer and I'm not over it. As usual we were lied to by our own friends and we ended up fkin ourselves. Wow aren't we brilliant?
No, you are weak.
CVA Supporter

Mohawk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

You people that didn't support the consolidation:

Herkimer CS, according to a student commentator; has only one AP course.

Frankfort-Schuyler CS, according to the Superintendent, has four AP courses.

CVA has twelve,(that's right 12), AP or College Now courses. Twelve college now courses; 12 X 3 credit hours = 36 credit hours, which is a FULL year the student can earn in college credits. At about $40,000.00 per year, this seems to be an extremely good investment & saving.

CVA will be the only school in Herkimer County to have a nano technology placement course for their students.

Tax increase: according to the news articles, CVA has the lowest tax rate in the Valley area.

Where is the Herkimerite with the "12 point plan" that was the salvation of the school??

You people with your negative comments and votes are doing your children a lifetime of harm.

If you look at other States: Mass. has a county wide school district school policy, also Florida and several others. Our County with 8 school districts pay our Supers.~$15 million in salaries and benefits. Does anyone wonder why the Governor is pushing the people for merging school districts?

With 60 + counties in the State and $15 mil. here and $15 mil. there, after a while you're talking big money ( as the senator from Idaho said).
We people owe it to the youth of Mohawk Valley to get it right. If we don't we have only ourselves to blame.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

CVA Supporter wrote:

CVA has twelve,(that's right 12), AP or College Now courses. Twelve college now courses; 12 X 3 credit hours = 36 credit hours, which is a FULL year the student can earn in college credits. At about $40,000.00 per year, this seems to be an extremely good investment & saving.

CVA will be the only school in Herkimer County to have a nano technology placement course for their students.

Tax increase: according to the news articles, CVA has the lowest tax rate in the Valley area.

Where is the Herkimerite with the "12 point plan" that was the salvation of the school??

You people with your negative comments and votes are doing your children a lifetime of harm.

If you look at other States: Mass. has a county wide school district school policy, also Florida and several others. Our County with 8 school districts pay our Supers.~$15 million in salaries and benefits. Does anyone wonder why the Governor is pushing the people for merging school districts?

With 60 + counties in the State and $15 mil. here and $15 mil. there, after a while you're talking big money ( as the senator from Idaho said).
We people owe it to the youth of Mohawk Valley to get it right. If we don't we have only ourselves to blame.
That's why we are looking to get what's rightfully ours. Don't you get it?
just wondering

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

CVA Supporter wrote:

this is a true statement where are all the ones against the merger who said they could fix Herkimer's problems awful silent, the only ones getting hurt now are the kids no AP courses
Seriously

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a true statement where are all the ones against the merger who said they could fix Herkimer's problems awful silent, the only ones getting hurt now are the kids no AP courses
The number students taking AP class is very low and it's even lower for the ones who score 3 or higher. So take the AP CLASSES and stick them. Stop talking like AP classes are a panacea , most of you idiots arguing for AP couldn't pass one if your life depended on it.
wrong info being spread

Stephentown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

herkimer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why we are looking to get what's rightfully ours. Don't you get it?
Here's the kicker.
Beg as you will, Herkimer is getting nothing. There is no Herkimer lawsuit against NYS for added money. Where do you come up with this shht???

Also you Herkimer bozo's will be cutting more positions this budget year. I understand at least 4 and as many as 6 positions.

You fkers are delusional. One of you tells the lie and the others swear to it. Ask your Super. ask a board member.
JustaDad

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

I think cash-strapped schools could solve all their problems if we could only legalize prostitution, and get rid of the stupid outdated age of consent laws. We all know high school girls are doing it, he'll probably have been since the 8th grade! I know our daughter's house. So if they would just legalize it, and have that treated just like they would a bake sale or carwash, they'd raise more money for the school than what the administrators would know to do with it.
probably what is next

Stephentown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Where You Should Avoid Being/Living.
The place that ranked the lowest on the list was Niagara Falls. However, it wasn’t the only location to have crime troubles. Buffalo placed second to last with a rank of 212, thanks to a 1 in 16 chance of a crime happening to one of its residents. The places the ranked the worst were, in descending order: Herkimer, Newburgh, Rochester, Buffalo, and Niagara Falls.

Might as well legalize prostitution, we are screwed anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Farber 9 min Lil 3
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 6 hr Puma 36
Valley health Schrader & Watson 9 hr whats up 176
Herkimer Ponderosa for sale Days are numbered 10 hr just wondering 7
Vince Bono is a JACKASS (Mar '13) 10 hr just wondering 56
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) Tue busy mom 84
Shear Pleasures Tue EverNotice 11

Search the Herkimer Forum:
•••
•••