Cash-strapped school districts gear u...

Cash-strapped school districts gear up to slap state with a lawsuit

There are 76 comments on the WKTV story from Feb 26, 2014, titled Cash-strapped school districts gear up to slap state with a lawsuit. In it, WKTV reports that:

Many high needs school districts want their fair share of funding and they're prepared to take the state to court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

azzhols

Vernon, NY

#21 Mar 3, 2014
We'll see who laughs last. We will do our best. We will get the money which is rightfully ours plus interest. And secure the future payments previously promised as well. Herkimer is not backing down. The community's future depends on the school staying Herkimer's school. It always has, even during the merger talks. Let's see where CVA is in a few years once the merger payoff I mean incentive starts to dwindle down to nothing. Then you can keep laughing at yourselves.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#22 Mar 3, 2014
Really that's all it takes is a phone call. A call to a Democratic governor pushing merger. A call from a school who voted down a merger and from a Republican county (upstate) at that. You'll just give a call and get all of your money with interest? That's amazing.

AGAIN...Why don't you have Brennan and the boys along with those retards in East Herkimer had all of those so called idea's, make up the difference. You know those wonderful neighbors who mislead us into thinking we were fine. You remember those who protested, gave out fliers, interviews and bought votes.
They were the same idiots at that "IDEA MEETING" at the Herkimer high school with the superintendent after the vote. If I remember correctly there was only one brainstorming meeting held, correct? Gee, why was that???

Walking out of that meeting, the look on those geniuses faces was priceless.

The problem you have, you can't say you weren't warned, you can't say you didn't know.

Of course the way I see it E. Herkimer can always claim ignorance. Right ladies???
lou sir

Herkimer, NY

#23 Mar 3, 2014
should have voted YES to merge
azzhols

Ilion, NY

#24 Mar 3, 2014
USEurHEAD wrote:
Really that's all it takes is a phone call. A call to a Democratic governor pushing merger. A call from a school who voted down a merger and from a Republican county (upstate) at that. You'll just give a call and get all of your money with interest? That's amazing.

AGAIN...Why don't you have Brennan and the boys along with those retards in East Herkimer had all of those so called idea's, make up the difference. You know those wonderful neighbors who mislead us into thinking we were fine. You remember those who protested, gave out fliers, interviews and bought votes.
They were the same idiots at that "IDEA MEETING" at the Herkimer high school with the superintendent after the vote. If I remember correctly there was only one brainstorming meeting held, correct? Gee, why was that???

The problem you have, you can't say you weren't warned, you can't say you didn't know.

Of course the way I see it E. Herkimer can always claim ignorance. Right ladies???
Not a phone call. A date. In court that is.
azzhols

Ilion, NY

#25 Mar 3, 2014
But those of you with weak stomachs wouldn't consider that. You'd rather take your master's sausage and bend over for him.
YESYESYES

Little Falls, NY

#26 Mar 3, 2014
USEurHEAD wrote:
Missed your payday didn't you?
hamden hoar

San Antonio, TX

#27 Mar 3, 2014
The state already has figured out that even with more money the schools will still churn out the same amount of dropouts and morons that they do today. The only reason the districts want more cash is for themselves. Hence, why throw away good money after bad money?
YESYESYES

Little Falls, NY

#28 Mar 3, 2014
hamden hoar wrote:
The state already has figured out that even with more money the schools will still churn out the same amount of dropouts and morons that they do today. The only reason the districts want more cash is for themselves. Hence, why throw away good money after bad money?
is that why Comsos kids stayed at Herkimer?

Location hidden

#29 Mar 3, 2014
The extras that cos's kids my need will come out of his pocket. Don't worry about Cos's kids, they are far from screwed. Yours kids on the other hand, not so much.

Location hidden

#30 Mar 3, 2014
azzhols wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a phone call. A date. In court that is.
Why would you need a court date? The merger was all smoke and mirrors, right? There is no money problem, right? I don't understand.

Wondering, these legal actions (that will lead to zip) how many years do they take to settle, I mean to get the bad news?
YESYESYES

Little Falls, NY

#31 Mar 4, 2014
Well...... If the "merge" is so wonderful and so full of " opportunities. " why wouldn't Cos send his own children there? I mean it was all about Opportunites right? Sounds a little hipocritical to me. Do as I say not as I do. The anger is coming from all those who missed thier payday under the guise our kids were missing the opportunity bus. If merge is on the horizon so be it . It should be a much smoother transition one or two years later. After Mohawk and Ilion grapple with providing the alleged opportunities. Of course the merge won't cost any teachers thier jobs as not merging.
herkimer

Ilion, NY

#32 Mar 4, 2014
YESYESYES wrote:
Well...... If the "merge" is so wonderful and so full of " opportunities. " why wouldn't Cos send his own children there? I mean it was all about Opportunites right? Sounds a little hipocritical to me. Do as I say not as I do. The anger is coming from all those who missed thier payday under the guise our kids were missing the opportunity bus. If merge is on the horizon so be it . It should be a much smoother transition one or two years later. After Mohawk and Ilion grapple with providing the alleged opportunities. Of course the merge won't cost any teachers thier jobs as not merging.
You are right. It was about his own opportunities. It was about the teachers' and unions' opportunities. So when they said it was about opportunities they weren't lying. So technically nobody was lied to, right YES proponents?
You R clueless

Albany, NY

#33 Mar 4, 2014
YESYESYES wrote:
Don't worry about Cos's kids, worry about yours. The extras that cos's kids may need will come out of his pocket. Cos's kids, they are far from screwed. Yours kids on the other hand, not so much.

CVA is doing just fine, thanks. CVA has "many more" opportunities than Herkimer. How's your Driver Ed. and JV sports doing? Your superintendent said; "A lot of our students especially that aren't maybe traditionally core driven, arts, technology, those kids have lost the reason to be at school," said Superintendent Miller.

"I think with four or five more years of this and I don't think Herkimer can exist," said Miller.

Curious, Where the fk do you think you'd be merging. Little falls (haven't heard them calling you) or dying Frankfort? Because they are your only options.

And what missed payday are you talking about? This is part of the uninformed bullshht that has you where you are.
You R clueless

Albany, NY

#35 Mar 4, 2014
herkimer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. It was about his own opportunities. It was about the teachers' and unions' opportunities. So when they said it was about opportunities they weren't lying. So technically nobody was lied to, right YES proponents?
M o r o n.
YESYESYES

Little Falls, NY

#36 Mar 4, 2014
I do worry about a Superintendent who suggests what is best for everybody's children but his own. I think that goes directly to a lack of character and integrity. If in five years we merge, we merge. CVA should be happy at that point they will have expanded their tax base beyond Mohawk into Herkimer. I mean if it was such a great deal last year, what possible difference will it make when it happens in 5 years from now? I can only imagine all the "Opportunities" CVA will create for Herkimer kids over the next five years. If it is that great Herkimer will certainly getting a big bang for their buck in five years. You guys keep perfecting those opportunities for Herkimer. We will call Uhaul and PODs to get our stuff ready to move. We will order a few extra's for all the teachers you will let go as well.
oh my

Vernon, NY

#37 Mar 4, 2014
You R clueless wrote:
<quoted text>M o r o n.
Sit 'You R clueless', sit. Roll over. Now beg.

You really just roll over for anybody, don't you. You should go be one of Vladimir Putin's subordinates. In fact you could become his main bitch. I hear they like pudgy ones there too. Sit, Dale, sit.

Location hidden

#39 Mar 4, 2014
YESYESYES wrote:
I do worry about a Superintendent who suggests what is best for everybody's children but his own. I think that goes directly to a lack of character and integrity. If in five years we merge, we merge. CVA should be happy at that point they will have expanded their tax base beyond Mohawk into Herkimer. I mean if it was such a great deal last year, what possible difference will it make when it happens in 5 years from now? I can only imagine all the "Opportunities" CVA will create for Herkimer kids over the next five years. If it is that great Herkimer will certainly getting a big bang for their buck in five years. You guys keep perfecting those opportunities for Herkimer. We will call Uhaul and PODs to get our stuff ready to move. We will order a few extra's for all the teachers you will let go as well.
It doesn't work that way, CVA is off the table.

Location hidden

#40 Mar 4, 2014
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit 'You R clueless', sit. Roll over. Now beg.
You really just roll over for anybody, don't you. You should go be one of Vladimir Putin's subordinates. In fact you could become his main bitch. I hear they like pudgy ones there too. Sit, Dale, sit.
And you're still a moron.
YESYESYES

Syracuse, NY

#41 Mar 4, 2014
USEurHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't work that way, CVA is off the table.
i bet it's not. lol

Location hidden

#42 Mar 4, 2014
Bet all you want, I'm in the loop. You lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shear Pleasures (Feb '15) 8 min No Surprise 60
The Good Ol'Boys favorite Coward refuses to debate 9 min ThePainfulTruth 42
Any one here EVER beat PEZ at golf? 36 min What 2
Endzone 1 hr Joe 3
New and improved Belly Up Pub 2 hr Yukk 21
News Herkimer College Ranked Second Best Community C... 20 hr herkimer resident 11
Another Year for Macri 22 hr Amanofhisword 5

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages