Cash-strapped school districts gear up to slap state with a lawsuit

Feb 26, 2014 Full story: WKTV 76

Many high needs school districts want their fair share of funding and they're prepared to take the state to court.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HerkimerResident

Little Falls, NY

#1 Feb 28, 2014
WKTV is sensoring the coments part of the article, keeping readers from hearing all sides ONCE AGAIN. Here is a comment I just submitted on the article's webpage, which hopefully they will insert but don't hold your breath. I've never seen such a partial 'news' organization. Not even FOX News. Hopefully here people will see the comments WKTV is keeping from their readers.

Why is my comment from yesterday at 11am not shown? Why is my reply to 'smartypants' not shown either, explaining where the several hundred votes came from? Why is WKTV keeping this information from readers? Here is a recap of one of my comments: Would you really take the easy way out and sell out your community rather than fight for the money that was promised by the state in the first place? The state figures "let's promise other money if the schools merge, and if they take the bait the people won't even remember the original promise and we'll be home free just paying the merger incentive instead". And many of you are still grasping for the misdirection ploy that Herkimer turned down. I'm glad most Herkimer residents came to their senses. Mohawk had no time left to wait so they did what they had to do and merged. Good luck with the lawsuit and don't give up. GO HERK!
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2014
poor puggy can't get is bullshit comments posted.
HerkimerResident

Little Falls, NY

#3 Feb 28, 2014
Here is the 'missing' reply to a reader comment on that page, which WKTV also kept readers from seeing. First the comment WKTV allowed to post, and then the reply WKTV sensored and did't show.

'smartypants' wrote:
"The vote was rigged. The vote that killed the merger for Herkimer suddenly had SEVERAL HUNDRED MORE votes than the vote to approve going forward with the proposal a few months before. The telling part was the yes vote count for the first part of the 3 district merger was nearly identical to the yes vote count on the final vote. Somewhere hundreds more no voters appeared out of thin air during the last vote. It was rigged."

My reply which was sensored for some reason:
The reason you saw several hundred more people vote no while about the same number of people voted yes is this: Several hundred people did not bother to come to the straw vote because they did not think that there would be enough yes votes to pass the resolution on to the next step, which is the real vote. Once they realized how absentminded so many in the community were, they had no choice but to come to the real vote and make their voices be heard and put a stop to the nonsense.

This is really what happened at the vote. But for some reason WKTV does not want this to come out, so any comments like this are sensored and not shown on their webpages. One-sided? You decide.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2014
poor puggy is a liar.

the vote was fixed.
smarter than u

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 28, 2014
I wipe my azz with the koran upurs dale u bald fat fck
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 28, 2014
there is no explainable reason for over 300 additional votes from one ballot to the next in just a few short months in such a small area other than FRAUD. It is being investigated.
really

Little Falls, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2014
pretend to be smart wrote:
there is no explainable reason for over 300 additional votes from one ballot to the next in just a few short months in such a small area other than FRAUD. It is being investigated.
Let them investigate. Then you can finally shut the fk up! The fraud was in the PRESENTATION FOR the merger. Hope they investigate that too while they're at it.
ballstothewall

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2014
ok good let blaise do it ahahhahahah now you both can shut the fck up
Merger

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2014
The promises that came with the Mohawk-Ilion merger were lies, straight up. Now CVA operates as it did when it was Ilion High and the Mohawk kids get shafted.

Oh, and your taxes increased too. Anyone notice? We were all taken for a ride and it weren't no fun.
YourAMoron

Little Falls, NY

#10 Mar 2, 2014
You're an idiot. The entire board of education was present along with State officials monitoring the entire process as well as the Police dept. The other reason why the yes vote was weak in the end was because they ran out of teachers,retired teachers, family and school employees to strong arm. Democracy sucks doesn't it?
Honest Abe

Herkimer, NY

#11 Mar 2, 2014
YourAMoron wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. The entire board of education was present along with State officials monitoring the entire process as well as the Police dept. The other reason why the yes vote was weak in the end was because they ran out of teachers,retired teachers, family and school employees to strong arm. Democracy sucks doesn't it?
Well said, YourAMoron. Well said.
Honest Abe

Herkimer, NY

#12 Mar 2, 2014
No sarcasm. Well said. Really.
voted no

Little Falls, NY

#13 Mar 2, 2014
As stated in a previous comment there were more votes in the final ballot because hardly anyone showed up to the straw vote. I myself was one of the people that only voted in the final vote because I was baffled that the proposal made it to the final stage. The difference in the number of votes was clear in the turn out for the final ballot. The crowd that showed up for the straw vote was a fraction of the size of the mob that came out to kill the false promises being made to the children and parents. NOTHING WAS RIGGED OR FRAUDULANT THAT ALIGATION IS COMPLETELY ASININE!!!!! I'm sure the only people that feel that way are the ones that fell for the bs and were convinced their taxes would be reduced, mainly people that don't even have children that are attending school. People that think they wouldn't have been affected by the changes this merger would caused to the school system but would benefit from the imaginary decrease in local taxes. How foolish.
voted no

Little Falls, NY

#14 Mar 2, 2014
****would have caused the school system****

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15 Mar 2, 2014
Merger wrote:
The promises that came with the Mohawk-Ilion merger were lies, straight up. Now CVA operates as it did when it was Ilion High and the Mohawk kids get shafted.
Oh, and your taxes increased too. Anyone notice? We were all taken for a ride and it weren't no fun.
You're clearly an idiot.
Mohawks taxes went down as promised and Ilion taxes, slated to rise, went down also.

It looks like Magician BAKESALE TIME!!! I'll have a donut filled with crow.

GO HERKIMER!!!
Beg for money!!!

Why don't you have Brennan and the boys along with those retards in East Herkimer that had all of those so called idea's, make up the difference.
I was at that "IDEA MEETING" at the Herkimer high school with the superintendent and all of the GED brainiac's. If I remember correctly there was only one brainstorming meeting held, correct? Gee, why was that???
Merger

Rome, NY

#16 Mar 2, 2014
USEurHEAD wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clearly an idiot.
Mohawks taxes went down as promised and Ilion taxes, slated to rise, went down also.
It looks like Magician BAKESALE TIME!!! I'll have a donut filled with crow.
GO HERKIMER!!!
Beg for money!!!
Why don't you have Brennan and the boys along with those retards in East Herkimer that had all of those so called idea's, make up the difference.
I was at that "IDEA MEETING" at the Herkimer high school with the superintendent and all of the GED brainiac's. If I remember correctly there was only one brainstorming meeting held, correct? Gee, why was that???
Really? Cuz I'm from Mohawk and my taxes went UP!! Where are all the AP classes kids were promised? Where are all the extras? We got rail-roaded and our kids will suffer for it.

Anyone considering a merger? Unless you have an actual contract, not promises, don't do it. Or you'll get bent over like we did...and it hurts!
bsbsbsbsbsbs

Stephentown, NY

#17 Mar 2, 2014
Merger wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Cuz I'm from Mohawk and my taxes went UP!! Where are all the AP classes kids were promised? Where are all the extras? We got rail-roaded and our kids will suffer for it.
Anyone considering a merger? Unless you have an actual contract, not promises, don't do it. Or you'll get bent over like we did...and it hurts!
Liar.
nice

Ilion, NY

#18 Mar 3, 2014
the state has no money end of story if any school thinks they are going to get any money from them are out of there mind the only reason the state is pushing school to merge is so there are less schools to pay for lets get rid of the sports and arts and get back to learning
what a surprise

Stephentown, NY

#19 Mar 3, 2014
"A lot of our students especially that aren't maybe traditionally core driven, arts, technology, those kids have lost the reason to be at school," said Robert Miller, superintendent of the Herkimer Central School District.

Miller says they have to fight this fight because the students' futures depend on it.

"I think all schools are headed to the same place which is fiscal and educational insolvency which means that four or five more years of this and I don't think Herkimer can exist or fulfill even the basic education that our students need," said Miller.

Why weren't we warned this was happening? Oh that's right we were.

Maybe it's time to think merger.
Oh wait, we already tried that and we were told it wasn't necessary.
We were told things are fine.

Which of our neighbors mislead us to think we were fine? I forget. Do you remember who protested, gave out fliers, interviews and bought votes?
turlsbomber4life

Sistersville, WV

#20 Mar 3, 2014
lol lol lol@ herkimer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voice of the People???? 8 hr friend of the people 22
Valley health Schrader & Watson 9 hr chloe 199
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 9 hr Nike 63
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr henu 6,432
Planet Fitness (Nov '08) 14 hr residentevil 17
Jocelyn and Francis 16 hr in the azz 3
Mike at Walmart 22 hr bitch 1 23
•••

Freeze Warning for Herkimer County was issued at September 18 at 4:13AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
•••
•••