Hummel Slave

Newark, NY

#42 Mar 20, 2010
Tell me about how it is to work here, I been here six years and have gotten 2 reviews and 1 raise in 6 years !!!

Reviews are suppose to be every year, yeah right !!

Bust my ass hauling stuff all day long so the owner and wife can go to on a weeks vacation every munth.

Wish Staples would come to town !!!
bridges

AOL

#43 Mar 20, 2010
Hummel Slave wrote:
Tell me about how it is to work here, I been here six years and have gotten 2 reviews and 1 raise in 6 years !!!
Reviews are suppose to be every year, yeah right !!
Bust my ass hauling stuff all day long so the owner and wife can go to on a weeks vacation every munth.
Wish Staples would come to town !!!
You can resign any time you wish. There are plenty of people who are looking for work who can replace you. Many businesses are NOT handing out yearly raises any longer. Consider yourself lucky.
Jeff

Watertown, NY

#45 Mar 22, 2010
Not So wrote:
<quoted text>Don't put Hannaford on that list. One of the best places to work. You havd to of been a total goof off to get let go from there.
Low wages, crappy benefits and part time
Not So

AOL

#46 Mar 22, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Low wages, crappy benefits and part time
Yes to all. You get a raise once a year, they do offer benefits and alot of full time openings!! You don't have a clue.
Benny

Sero Blanco, Aruba

#47 Mar 24, 2010
Dunking Donuts is the worst
Yes Right

Constableville, NY

#48 Mar 24, 2010
Guardian Transport in Utica
Part of Kunkel
Hires you at minimum wage
If you dont finish approx. 3 weeks of training
They try not to pay you
You end up having to go to the Labor board
boobies

Constableville, NY

#49 Mar 24, 2010
whose the blonde at the front office of hummels in mohawk ?
what a great body and huge boobies
robot programmer

Taylor, MI

#50 Mar 24, 2010
Pico- Comau
niki the tongue

Constableville, NY

#52 Mar 24, 2010
now its harder to find a job ,the companys treat you worse
Arwen

Constableville, NY

#53 Mar 24, 2010
Benny wrote:
Dunking Donuts is the worst
Especially if they are dunked before you buy them...lol! Seriously, I know ppl who've worked there, and you're right
Why

Newark, NY

#54 Mar 25, 2010
Why is Dunkin Donuts a bad employer ? All the coffee and artery clogging donuts you can eat..

Why is Smoker Friendly a bad place... All the smoking you can do at work and not have to go outside for a smoke break...
Frankforter

Hamilton, NY

#55 Mar 26, 2010
Check the Hazmat Area Fenced in on west Main Street in Frankfort, Where remington illegally dumped barrels of Toxic Chemicals. Took them two years to digg the unruptured ones up off ferdula's property. Herkimer County had as many cancer cases as Oneida County with only 33% of their population. Dupont still pays for the sewer treatment of the waste water draining from that contamination.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#56 Mar 26, 2010
The Armed Forces is always hiring, but, you have to be a graduate!!!! Looking at some of these posts, this is funny, they are all low paying, uneducated jobs. I worked for Little Falls Lumber when I was a teen. Nothing wrong with a little hard work and extra money to get you by.
name

Seabrook, NH

#57 Mar 26, 2010
You people listed just about every employer in the area. I'm starting to think you just don't want to work. You should be happy you even have a job..... scratch that, you could go on welfare and make more than the average working family does after taxes. And you don't even have to be humiliated anymore because they give them scum bags handy little cards.

Since: Mar 10

Snow Camp, NC

#58 Mar 28, 2010
Try working for a SuperTarget!!!Retail at its most ghastly...arrogant management,absurd policies and everything is soooo RED!
Theres more

Constableville, NY

#59 Mar 28, 2010
I left stewarts making 10 dollars and hour and training to be an auditor. This is a terrible job. Most of the time the regular part time employees are getting the shit end of the deal and doing most of the managers work. You get called in all the time and this job is just terrible. With any minumum wage jobs you want to move up in the company, grow with it and make more money and more responsibility. I am appauled that people would pick on others for having a minimum wage job. It happens educated or not. To get anywhere in life you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. Get over yoursekf we all are not as special as you! But stewarts was terrible and you have to be someones favorite to get anywhere in this company. There are people that have worked there for over ten years and are getting paid 9 dollars an hour. Its sad
dan4790

Silver Spring, MD

#60 Mar 30, 2010
Theres more wrote:
I left stewarts making 10 dollars and hour and training to be an auditor. This is a terrible job. Most of the time the regular part time employees are getting the shit end of the deal and doing most of the managers work. You get called in all the time and this job is just terrible. With any minumum wage jobs you want to move up in the company, grow with it and make more money and more responsibility. I am appauled that people would pick on others for having a minimum wage job. It happens educated or not. To get anywhere in life you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. Get over yoursekf we all are not as special as you! But stewarts was terrible and you have to be someones favorite to get anywhere in this company. There are people that have worked there for over ten years and are getting paid 9 dollars an hour. Its sad
no kidding? i didn't know that about stewarts. i heard once that it was an employee owned company and that they had a great retiement. is that true. i realize that your jaded towards them but .that info would be helpful to know for people looking at the long term
johnNYV

Kendalia, TX

#61 Mar 31, 2010
Top Ten wrote:
Heres My Top Ten Companies To Work For Locally
1.Little Falls Lumber Company
2.Smokers Friendly
3.Area Resource Center
4.Any pizza place
5.Hummels
6.Ponderosa
7.Arby's
8.McDonalds
9.Burger King
10.Gary's Taxi
MISSED ONE Herkimer Post Office
Mario Ramirez

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62 Apr 12, 2010
I think of the worse small companies in south florida to work for as an employee or contractor is Optime marketing...
http://www.optimeconsulting.com/
remark

Herkimer, NY

#63 Apr 13, 2010
bridges wrote:
<quoted text>
You can resign any time you wish. There are plenty of people who are looking for work who can replace you. Many businesses are NOT handing out yearly raises any longer. Consider yourself lucky.
You, I'm tired of hearing "You're lucky to have a job at all" Yes I have a job, yes I'm lucky to have it but it's still wrong for our employers to take advantage of us or not letting us they feel we are doing a good job. why should anyone have to settle for less? It's like living with someone who abuses you and saying, "Well, at least I'm not alone" So, if I want to complain that I'm not being paid what I'm worth then I have a right to. Our bosses tell us that there is no money coming, times are hard, etc.
well, times are hard on everyone and if they paid a bit more most of us would not have to take on a second job. So go ahead and make fun of us who need 2 jobs to survive. At least we work and are not taking the easy way out by living off the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruggerio's 2 hr drynuts 3
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 4 hr business as usual 74
Old Pizzeria by High School 6 hr Just A Visitor 1
Mr lnow 9 hr in the know 10
thieves 20 hr candobetter 1
Need a man. Sat Brad 7
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Fri Duck 6
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web