|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

FireQuench Escapee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. If there's a price tag for your sanity and soul. There isn't one for mine. When I say this guy is abusive, I mean abusive. Not just temperamental. I'm talking completely deranged. Besides, I already have a perm job lined up. There ARE options out there. Posted my résumé and the calls came in. If you aren't getting calls, then I suggest you rewrite yours. If you still aren't getting calls, then I'll happily give you FireQuench's number. You sound like a great match for them.
I actually have a masters degree and a very high paying job. I was just pointing out that some people should appreciate the fact that they are working, even if it is for minimum wage because not everyone is that lucky. Obviously you have a habit of reading into things that are not there, and that explains a lot about your complaint and lessens your validity as a credible source.
bclove

Port Chester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

i agree
the guy is a jackass and should be locked up
anyone with a connect tlook up his backround and i promise you a as knowing him my whole life he isnt legit
he belongs in jail
he will get his
just anyone that reads this
look into it
guarentee you will find horrible things
he was in jail before
met bad people
dangerous guy
Trump Ex-employee wrote:
I worked for Firequench and boy it was no picnic. Desmond Burke has issues, he is arrogant, nasty, insulting and cross-eyed. I'm surprised the office hasn't been hit by an inspector for fire hazard as there is no walking space between all the machinery and file cabinets everywhere. How ironic that a fire safety supplier can be so careless and above all filty. This has been the worst office environment yet. I feel sorry for the three ladys he has working for him, as they are terrified of him. I hope they all wake up and send him where he belongs. He is also a thief, as he overcharges his customers. His technicians make 25 an hr and he charges $150 an hr. for service, which he multiplies by two techs and claims they did overtime for a client bill of over $2,000. I hope these companys wise up and search for another competitor. Desmond Burke needs a good weeping and be put in his place.
FireQuench Escapee

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

GET REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have a masters degree and a very high paying job. I was just pointing out that some people should appreciate the fact that they are working, even if it is for minimum wage because not everyone is that lucky. Obviously you have a habit of reading into things that are not there, and that explains a lot about your complaint and lessens your validity as a credible source.
A quick google search reveals this guy had some labor law violations. Furthermore, that same google search reveals nothing good about him. It isn't about the pay. His jobs are more then minimum wage at least. It's about being called stupid for English being your second language. It's about being cursed out. It's about being CHASED around the office by a guy in so much rage he's pounding on walls and getting in your face. Sorry, the pay isn't worth your sanity in that case. Especially when the job is 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. That makes that job and that man your whole life. You'd tell someone in a marriage who was dealing with that to get out, wouldn't you? Why does it being a job make it different?
FireQuench Escapee

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I'm sure I don't need to explain how divorce can cause as much financial hardship as leaving a job, do I? Yet, a woman in an abusive relationship is told to leave at all costs. Same thing should apply to a job. Abuse is abuse.

If a job sucks for wage alone, and you are unable to find a better paying one, then I agree. Keep the shitty paying job until you are able to find something better. That's common sense. I wouldn't be outing a company online over shitty pay. People should know which companies are downright abusive to their employees though. Should they choose to show up for that interview anyway, then I wish them all the luck in the world. Personally, I'd rather know before an interview before I waste my time. My financial situation is such that I don't need to go on interviews for abusive companies. If I wasn't merely sent by a temp agency, I would have done my homework and not bothered with this company. Now I know to do my homework regardless, and I would hope those reading this would heed the lesson my mistake taught me.
Firequench

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

You are totally right Desmond Burk is very disrespectful guy he call you names etc I only work there for 3 days I couldn’t take it. Mary the Office manager she has a nasty attitude and the receptionist Sofia omg forget it about it I don’t know why they are like that, they should be more respectful but hey that’s how they are. The office is DIRTY you all full of papers everywhere the desk you can write your name and the whole family name so dirty, thank god I left there and now I have a better job. STAY AWAY FROM FIREQUENCH..
FireQuench Escapee wrote:
I'm sure I don't need to explain how divorce can cause as much financial hardship as leaving a job, do I? Yet, a woman in an abusive relationship is told to leave at all costs. Same thing should apply to a job. Abuse is abuse.
If a job sucks for wage alone, and you are unable to find a better paying one, then I agree. Keep the shitty paying job until you are able to find something better. That's common sense. I wouldn't be outing a company online over shitty pay. People should know which companies are downright abusive to their employees though. Should they choose to show up for that interview anyway, then I wish them all the luck in the world. Personally, I'd rather know before an interview before I waste my time. My financial situation is such that I don't need to go on interviews for abusive companies. If I wasn't merely sent by a temp agency, I would have done my homework and not bothered with this company. Now I know to do my homework regardless, and I would hope those reading this would heed the lesson my mistake taught me.
staci

Raynham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Apac, no doubt, great pay, I was there two years, but had to quit because being a single mom, they gave me shit if my kids were sick, even with doctors notes I got points. I was taken out of.work for a serious illness took them 6 weeks to give me any info on disability. Then when I went back they were trying to say I abused my disability! Horrible place. I now work for the Arc, and I Love it!
Plebe

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Its crazy bcuz its my firts day and already I don't like it. I made a few sacrificies to work here. Another bad mistake.
Chortle-House

Newport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

HG Wells machine shop
motorcycle mall inc

Passaic, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

MOTORCYCLE MALL of NJ!
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!
they don't pay there employees correct half the time it so busy you cant take lunch but they automatically take it out. they refuse to pay anyone overtime and if you complain they tell you to quit. as long as the owners check is ok its f everyone else! And the store went to son and people treat road kill better then he treats his employees. you want to talk about horrible bosses this is the WORST person to work for and has no clue how to even run the place. and everything he does wrong blames the employees even if you watch him do it. they cut the few good things they offered there employees for they're new shop and nothing of there own. stay away.
Nathan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I was a contractor at BarclayCard. The guy who used to do my admin, sign my timesheets etc, was in hospital. A card came round for him, and it was put on my desk, and just as i was about to sign it, the lady bringing it round, said "Oh, forgot you were a contractor" and whisked it away. The same lady, was introducing a new starter around, she got to my desk and said to the new starter, "ignore him, he's just a contractor"

Incredible!!!!
Schmuck

Nyack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

just another working guy wrote:
FIREQUENCH INC should be on the top of the list. This ia a fire alarm service company located in new york. The owner Desmond Burke is a coke head idiot. He rules by fear i have been here a little more than thirty days and got fired on friday for no reason. He is a fraud and a bull shiter. He has a bunch of guys that know nothing
working on life saftey systems the man screams and yells and throughs thing like a three her old not getting his way. Just becareful if u consider working there you will loose your job.
this place is a joke. Burke is bipolar. I worked there
for a month. 10hr days and Saturdays wwith no ot.
Ex Firequench Ops Mngr

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

August of 2012 Mary found my resume on Monster and called me in for an interview. I have a Masters degree and a strong background in Operations. At the time, they were looking for an Ops Director. After a few interviews and a large salary agreement, I decided to take the job. Little did I know I was in for the most horrific experience of my life. It took all that I had to last two months. They provided me no training, and half way through my first day, Desmond was screaming at me to have 25 people in for interviews by end of day (he's constantly looking for technicians because the majority last only 1 week). I was screamed and cursed at on a daily basis. I had binders and papers thrown at me. Drawers slammed so close to my hands that I'm surprised I still have fingers. His office/service manager Mary is no better.

It is unfortunate yet true-every negative point made here about this company is 100% correct. Not one thing is exaggerated. Desmond is a sick sociopath with no respect for human life. He is a thief and a liar. It COMPLETELY boggles my mind that this man is still in business. Now that I have my life back together, I would like to pursue some sort of legal action. He deserves to be shut down. If anyone has some idea of how to get this started, count me in!!!
Jill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Employers should pay their workers and take care of them. They make it impossible for people who struggle to pay all their bills.
Diago

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Investor Group west mount office, definitely THE WORST place to work for! Trick me in by giving me false facts about the job and make me sign without letting me realizing the expenses will be incurred, and make me pay for the expense regardless the fact that I only officially showed up in the training session like for an hour!!!
Chaba

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Top Ten wrote:
Heres My Top Ten Companies To Work For Locally
1.Little Falls Lumber Company
2.Smokers Friendly
3.Area Resource Center
4.Any pizza place
5.Hummels
6.Ponderosa
7.Arby's
8.McDonalds
9.Burger King
10.Gary's Taxi
What's Hummels on the list for? I heard they are good to work for.
Quenchinator

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I am amazed about these posts. I worked there for longer than I should have and all the negatives that are posted are 100 percent true. It is amazing that they are still in business so this tells you how the City allows the life safety(or lack of) issues to continue every day. none of the Firequench buildings are safe. Show me letters of FDNY approvals for any of their buildings, I think not. But you will see long pages of letters of defect. Payoffs is how it works in the big NYC.
anonyms

George, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Fancourt- to be avoided
wow thanks

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Thanks for the heads up on Firequench. I am NOT going to interview for these people. Seriously, I really appreciate it!!!
Thx4theheadsup

Oakland Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I was about to go for an interview for Firequench. Thank god I googled them and thank you all for sharing.
frequentflyer82

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Adult Pleasures....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Pleasures in Little Falls (Feb '10) 2 hr gross 14
Hmmmmmmm Bonos wedding post deleted 2 hr Karen who 20
beacon center (Nov '12) 7 hr Sad 140
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Vote Zornow 6,408
Would you pay Tuition at Central Valley? 9 hr herkres 22
cheating men 13 hr MARRIED WOMEN WANTED 63
babysitter 16 hr Dirt Catcher 6
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search