KnowBetter

Elmhurst, NY

#236 May 14, 2012
Firequench, Inc. in New York, NY exists because the fire laws require buildings to maintain fire alarm equipment. Mr. Burke with clever manipulation has hood-winked his clients. As mentioned in a previous review, his own office on East 32nd Street is a veritable fire trap. He is unprofessional in his manner and speech. For those that work with him in the office it is a wonder they haven't gone "postal". Even if things look disparate...DON'T WORK THERE.
ex employees

Gambrills, MD

#237 May 14, 2012
E waste recycling guy pays 5.00 cash skirts the law and has his ole lady milk the system that's why
Landscapers org

Bergenfield, NJ

#238 May 16, 2012
Stay away from this call center in Boonton,NJ. The managers lie on interview about pay policy and also in their advertising then after first week when your looking for your base pay they inform you that you have to work 2 week probation period for free. Its all commission for saturated market. Management has no empathy for employees and treates them as producing numbers for them. Do not waste your time on their promises, move on to other opportunities.
Unemployed

New York, NY

#239 May 30, 2012
Top Ten wrote:
Heres My Top Ten Companies To Work For Locally
1.Little Falls Lumber Company
2.Smokers Friendly
3.Area Resource Center
4.Any pizza place
5.Hummels
6.Ponderosa
7.Arby's
8.McDonalds
9.Burger King
10.Gary's Taxi
Clearly you are uneducated and clearly turned down by many of these fine employers.Go back to school and get your GED.Because right now, you've made the top ten idiots.
f you

Chicago, IL

#240 Jun 5, 2012
Unemployed wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you are uneducated and clearly turned down by many of these fine employers.Go back to school and get your GED.Beca right now, you've made the top ten idiots.
Sounds like you like it up the ass
ex worker

United States

#241 Jun 25, 2012
Firequench is a disaster, all the previous comments are correct. He sends crews out without materials but worst no engineering.
escapee

New York, NY

#242 Jun 27, 2012
man is a definite lunatic. I lasted 2 days before walking out. Boggles my mind that women the woman he has working as a manager has stayed with him. Think she suffers from battered wife syndrome. I can't believe he hasn't actually murdered any of this employees.
B-U-R-K-E

Brooklyn, NY

#243 Aug 26, 2012
Dezzy. Coming for ya. Lights out :). See you soon. What goes around comes around. Can't wait to meet ya. Been a while brotha. I'm gonna fix that lazy eye of yours while I shit potato skins all over ur face 1 love. Watch ur back. INothing to loose. And gunning for you. Be excited. Game on. I know the feds. I know. The supreme court. I know em
All. They lknpw all about u. Not scared of u. I will
Ruin u
Cops need to know about firequench and with in a week they will. Dennis Burke. Time to pay the piper i knkw ablut ur family here i know all I'm sending u to hell o
firequench sucks

United States

#244 Sep 29, 2012
JDD wrote:
<quoted text>Everything here is 100% correct and just scratches the surface. His company constantly bills for work not done. His technicians hide in buildings just so they can bill hours. They fake inspections, just make some noise and don't ever actually test systems. He bribes Bldg managers for contracts. At 535 Madison Ave the job has never passed inspection after 3 years.
This is 110% true.. i worked for firequench for 4 days and quit .. he has been working on 80 broad street for over 5 years and it has failed inspection 5 times.
MK MII

London, UK

#245 Oct 26, 2012
The worst company I worked for is STERIA. I have never seen such a company with so-called management with no clue. On top of that there are a bunch of liars. On their website they boast that all of their IT staff are ITIL qualified which is not true. That place is an absolute shamble. No matter their overall performance is bad. Their put your on the phone with no training. The only thing they want you to do is just answer the phone to boost their SLA. Interaction with other department is limited, team there don't hold any kind of meetings. Luckily I only stayed there for a brief period of time. DON'T GET A JOB THERE!!!! I know this company is being found out and very soon, if not already they will loose some contract.
aaaaa

Europe

#246 Oct 29, 2012
worst p&#322;ace in the word is word
syty free group
marsha

Gloversville, NY

#247 Nov 4, 2012
top 10 crappy company's To Work For Locally

1.Pure Club
2.Smokers Friendly
3.Area Resource Center
4.Any pizza place
5.Tonys Pizza
6.Ponderosa
7.Arby's
8.McDonalds
9.Burger King
10.Gary's Taxi

Since: Feb 12

Herkimer, NY

#248 Nov 5, 2012
Top Ten wrote:
Heres My Top Ten Companies To Work For Locally
1.Little Falls Lumber Company
2.Smokers Friendly
3.Area Resource Center
4.Any pizza place
5.Hummels
6.Ponderosa
7.Arby's
8.McDonalds
9.Burger King
10.Gary's Taxi
I agree that Little falls Lumber is very nasty to customers. I personally know of a few very bad experiences local customers have encountered recently. The owners need to be aware of some situations of late.
Firequench

Bronx, NY

#249 Nov 6, 2012
The worse company to work. Please people if they call you for an interview don't go you will waste your time. They are very nasty and Desmond Burke Don't know how to talk to his employee he is very disrespectful, he is always talking with the F Word he has the nerve to tell me that I was dump and stupid, I only last there 2 Days because they want you to work without even giving you a training, Mary Oh lord she is the office Manager Very nasty her attitude is something else but hey if she get treated like shit by her boss Desmond I think that’s why she’s like that she don’t have no choice but to be rude.. The office is a mess full of dirt; you can even write a letter on the table OMG People stay away the department of labor should do something about it. Well Sorry but this company deserved to be on the top worse company to work on. If you ever work there send me a message my email is worsecomp2work@live.com we need to do something
Albie Rounds

Tully, NY

#250 Nov 12, 2012
1. Uptown Grille
2. Uptown Family Buffet
3. Rock City Trailers
4. Rock City Iron
5. Hummel's Office Pus
6. HMS Host
Firequench escapee

Staten Island, NY

#251 Nov 24, 2012
Firequench is a disaster. I've never seen an office run with so many systemic problems before. Add in a very disturbed owner and its just hell on 32nd street. I temped there for a week, and I would never return. He spent all day, every day just cursing everyone in the office out. By the end of the week I couldn't look at that man without wanting to throttle him myself. When he let me go for the last day, I literally RAN for the elevators. It was as if I just got let out of prison.
FireQuench Escapee

Staten Island, NY

#252 Nov 24, 2012
I have a little more time to go into this now, so here goes.

The so called "filing system" consists of unlabeled boxes piled three high along the walls. Walking through the office, you could imagine yourself in Labrynth, if you remember that movie. Desmond could even be one of the ogres hiding in the walls of files. The electronic filing system made no sense or logic either. Trying find something, ANYTHING really, as a poorly trained temp was near impossible. Especially a temp who doesn't know the industry, the lingo, or the abbreviations used to name files. That doesn't slow down ogre Desmond! He screams and berates until someone can find him what he wants. Thankfully, this untrained temp who knows nothing of how the office works managed to find what he wanted. His response "You obviously never worked in a fast paced office before, but you can learn I think. You're smart." Actually, I have worked in fast paced offices before. They were this thing called ORGANIZED! A concept that must be foreign to this man.

Somewhere half way through the week, I simply stopped caring. I showed up for no other reason then to show the deranged little ogre that I wasn't afraid. He began giving me proposals to write with me still having zero understanding of what was to go in them or how he liked them. He tried to write some stuff out, but it was little more then squiggly lines. Completely illegible. Of course, my inability to read this new ogre language pissed him off as well. Every mistake was met with "YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME!!! COME ON!!!"

His techs out in the field however.... Oh they had it worse. Hours upon hours of cursing them, screaming, and berating things like a heavy accent while speaking English. It was disgusting. Just disgusting how he treated them. Chased one into an elevator while screaming and cursing about the poor guys English. I have never seen anything like in in my ten years of office experience. Pounding on walls while throwing temper tantrums.... This guy isn't just temperamental, he is sick. Deeply disturbed.
Firequench

Bronx, NY

#253 Nov 26, 2012
OMG YES I ONLY LAST THERE 2 DAYS he needs help and MARY to she is so nasty
FireQuench Escapee wrote:
I have a little more time to go into this now, so here goes.
The so called "filing system" consists of unlabeled boxes piled three high along the walls. Walking through the office, you could imagine yourself in Labrynth, if you remember that movie. Desmond could even be one of the ogres hiding in the walls of files. The electronic filing system made no sense or logic either. Trying find something, ANYTHING really, as a poorly trained temp was near impossible. Especially a temp who doesn't know the industry, the lingo, or the abbreviations used to name files. That doesn't slow down ogre Desmond! He screams and berates until someone can find him what he wants. Thankfully, this untrained temp who knows nothing of how the office works managed to find what he wanted. His response "You obviously never worked in a fast paced office before, but you can learn I think. You're smart." Actually, I have worked in fast paced offices before. They were this thing called ORGANIZED! A concept that must be foreign to this man.
Somewhere half way through the week, I simply stopped caring. I showed up for no other reason then to show the deranged little ogre that I wasn't afraid. He began giving me proposals to write with me still having zero understanding of what was to go in them or how he liked them. He tried to write some stuff out, but it was little more then squiggly lines. Completely illegible. Of course, my inability to read this new ogre language pissed him off as well. Every mistake was met with "YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME!!! COME ON!!!"
His techs out in the field however.... Oh they had it worse. Hours upon hours of cursing them, screaming, and berating things like a heavy accent while speaking English. It was disgusting. Just disgusting how he treated them. Chased one into an elevator while screaming and cursing about the poor guys English. I have never seen anything like in in my ten years of office experience. Pounding on walls while throwing temper tantrums.... This guy isn't just temperamental, he is sick. Deeply disturbed.
GET REAL

Syracuse, NY

#254 Nov 26, 2012
In today's economy people should just be happy to be working at all, even if it is a crappy job, at least it is a job and allows you to be independent and not live off of others.
FireQuench Escapee

Staten Island, NY

#255 Nov 27, 2012
GET REAL wrote:
In today's economy people should just be happy to be working at all, even if it is a crappy job, at least it is a job and allows you to be independent and not live off of others.
Sure. If there's a price tag for your sanity and soul. There isn't one for mine. When I say this guy is abusive, I mean abusive. Not just temperamental. I'm talking completely deranged. Besides, I already have a perm job lined up. There ARE options out there. Posted my résumé and the calls came in. If you aren't getting calls, then I suggest you rewrite yours. If you still aren't getting calls, then I'll happily give you FireQuench's number. You sound like a great match for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shear Pleasures (Jul '14) 5 hr LETS HELP DOLGEVILLE 40
Joe Manno 6 hr CuriousThinker 1
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 6 hr Jeezus 19
listen to the teachers whining 9 hr pinhead 41
i love herkimer topix 13 hr Ridiculous 8
negative 14 hr ny chick 3
Who really runs the Village 14 hr Pete Macreetard 7

Winter Storm Watch for Herkimer County was issued at January 31 at 2:44AM EST

Herkimer Dating
Find my Match