First Prev
of 3
Next Last
moving

Milford, MA

#43 Apr 27, 2014
unemployed alcoholic wrote:
why cant herkimer have a decent burrito joint?
We had one but another scumbag landlord didnt keep his property up to code so they left. We are doomed as a place to live. My family is moving.
unemployed alcoholic

Ilion, NY

#44 Apr 27, 2014
moving wrote:
<quoted text>
We had one but another scumbag landlord didnt keep his property up to code so they left. We are doomed as a place to live. My family is moving.
where are you moving to?
Burrito Blow-out

Little Falls, NY

#45 Apr 27, 2014
I know both Al and Jay - both good guys.. Regardless of the property condition, you pay your bills. Why should Dorantes fix any problems if this guy is not paying his bills.(Winter agreed to this) Winter is a Joke of a business owner. He could not keep his business going when Moe's opened up in New Hartford. I ate there many times and enjoyed his food at that location.
However this location had polite service,but the food was not of the same quality. It was actually horrible, and this is why I believe they couldn't pay the bills. Restaurants will succeed in Herkimer - it is evident by how many of them there are and seem to thrive.
The reason ones don't succeed is due to poor management of the business, or dishonest business owners that try to cheat the system.
Don't blame Herkimer, Dorantes, the Mayor - Blame this joke of an owner that tried to cheat the system and ran his buisness into the ground.
El Farolito

Ilion, NY

#46 Apr 28, 2014
I thought the food at Burrito Jonz Herkimer was pretty good. We never got something we didn't enjoy. It was inconsistent, true, but that's inevitable when you've got a couple of white guys trying to make a burrito. To call it "horrible," I wouldn't agree with that.

But everything else about Winter is true. He's a total flake with very peculiar ideas about how things are supposed to work. He makes horrible decisions, starting with selecting Main St aka Apocalypse Ave as the location for new eatery. Things cascaded downhill from there, almost predictably.

In fact a shop like Burrito Jonz would do very well in the Valley, with a better location and a more competent and level-headed owner.
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#47 Apr 28, 2014
Better Location
in the old Glory Days bar
get liquor license
Ilion Iliad

Ilion, NY

#48 Apr 29, 2014
Spread em, Herkimer
Hot pepper up your pooper
Cough up 30K
Ilion Iliad

Ilion, NY

#49 Apr 29, 2014
Want a burrito?
Diarhito Jonz shut down
Drive to Utica
24th and Mission

Ilion, NY

#50 Apr 30, 2014
There once was a burrito named Jonz
Who fell behind in his loans
He paid in salsa picantes
His rent to Alex Dorantes
Now Main St. picks at his bones

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 4 hr in the know 58
Need a man. 10 hr mtgcdjfl 6
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? 14 hr catch up 93
What did Ex-Ilion investigator PAUL ROSE reciev... 19 hr The Truth 8
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) Tue mr cat 298
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Dec 22 Ho Ho Ho Merry Xmas 5
It's Been 6 Months and What has the Fatty Mayor... Dec 22 Plan X 3
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web