Burrito Jonz closing?
Judge

Malone, NY

#22 Apr 8, 2014
Why would anybody give a loan out to a fast food restaraunt with no parking .Blame your county and village politicians who gave out the loan they were scamed.
Burrrito SCAMMER

Malone, NY

#23 Apr 8, 2014
No problem with the village awarding a grant to a new restaurant. Parking is rarely a problem around Main St -- no one goes there, and the welfare trash don't own cars.

Unfortunately the Burrito Jonz debacle may deter future funding of worthy endeavors. Winter is a scam artist who fleeced the taxpayers for $30,000 and left a trail of ill will in his wake.

Opens nearly 2 years behind schedule and lasts a whole 3 months. you can't make this chit up.

opening a restaurant on Main St was a big mistake in the first place because half the valley is scared to go there, but Winter was looking for the cheapest rent he could find ---$500 a month.

he did zero advertising -- no radio spots, Telegram ads, billboards or anything other than the free Facebook.

by the time he opened in the middle of winter he was on such bad terms with the village and county after publicly bashing public officials he couldn't even get a ribbon-cutting ceremony with local officials and a free handshake picture in the Telegram.

complete joke
Save MainStreet

Little Falls, NY

#24 Apr 8, 2014
The Village Board thinks that they can save Man Street. They are about 10 years too late. The board should move on to solve the crime and building code problems. Maybe after that, Main Street would be worth saving.
herkimer

Vernon, NY

#26 Apr 8, 2014
Anybody remember a New York City fellow named Matt Demar? He got a huge grant from the village a few years back too and then skipped town. Our board members must be on the sucker list. I wonder who they will be giving money to next. Here's an idea for the village board: If someone doesn't have the money to start their pipe-dream business and their credit is not good enough to get a loan from the bank, don't give them the money. Common sense goes a long way if you use it.
Village Board

Utica, NY

#27 Apr 8, 2014
You think giving a 15 grand loan to John Winter we also hired a moron for DPW Superintendent.
Chief farter

Syracuse, NY

#28 Apr 8, 2014
As I recall there was some sort of feasability study done and that is what caused the village and the IDA to approve the grant money to get the ball rolling. I think someone posted something about the research a guy did which proved there was a probability of success. Wasn't he an investment guy from Utica named Griffith? Guess I shouldn't invest with him if he thought old burrito bullshxx was a sound investment.
Ditto

Syracuse, NY

#29 Apr 8, 2014
BA BYE Burrito Bullsheet
Booger

Herkimer, NY

#30 Apr 9, 2014
Burrito Jonz would have worked long term if Winter had any money. It's common knowledge that when you open a new business you should expect losses for the first year.

As others have said there was no advertising done. Should have had spots at least on the radio as well as HCCC Radio / TV.

The saddest thing is Winter couldn't afford $500 a month in rent.

So where did all that $30,000 go? The most expensive thing in that restaurant was what, the big screen tv? Let's say that cost $1000... where did the rest go?
well did u know

Utica, NY

#31 Apr 9, 2014
al dorantus is a monkey
billy torm

Johnstown, NY

#32 Apr 9, 2014
sorry to hear this ate there a while back great food as always, but what abunch of zombie looking people down in that area should of picked abetter location.
Fat Kitty

Roslindale, MA

#33 Apr 9, 2014
The equipment auction proceeds paid the balance of the village loan.
Fact

Rome, NY

#34 Apr 10, 2014
Listenup wrote:
Stop blaming Mr Winter. It was our moronic village officials who gave this deadbeat the money. Remember Burritto Jones when the village idiot board members ask for your vote.
Exactly the woodchucks of the valley will soon consider that fine dining when Remington leaves.
molina

Utica, NY

#35 Apr 10, 2014
John Winter is a deadbeat and blowhard.
molina

Roslindale, MA

#36 Apr 10, 2014
I like boys. I am on the long list of tenants waiting to rent Al Dorantes shit palace. Way to go Herkimer you just f'd up again. Thank god I moved from that arm pit.
Alan Dorantes

Rome, NY

#37 Apr 10, 2014
He was my landlord until I smartened up and moved. He is a liar. Those of you that knew him from high school know what I am talking about. Ape.
tim nuggie

Syracuse, NY

#38 Apr 12, 2014
Mexicans .. bean pickers... just give up on herkimer... let it die
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#39 Apr 17, 2014
just give me a grant
for a bar and museum
at old Glory Days
Dorantes

Little Falls, NY

#40 Apr 20, 2014
Alan Dorantes wrote:
He was my landlord until I smartened up and moved. He is a liar. Those of you that knew him from high school know what I am talking about. Ape.
His name is Alex you fool.
unemployed alcoholic

Malone, NY

#41 Apr 20, 2014
why cant herkimer have a decent burrito joint?
I hate Scum

Cooperstown, NY

#42 Apr 25, 2014
no parking, looks like crack house above It and around it. broken glass and cigarette butts around it. people sitting in chairs on side walk like it was a beach. garbage blowing past and laying everywhere. Peoples faces covered in acne like it was a beard. I love Hot water and Soap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herkimer fire dept to consolidate 3 hr Public Servants 33
Village prediction 3 hr Bono Will Beat You 4
RCIL in Herkimer 14 hr HITLERwasRIGHT 6
its the ROBIN -aka batman RISI COP - NOT THE CI... 14 hr TINBADGE 2
Herkimer high sports 19 hr Larry junior 59
Marc Butler, 20 years later, what's changed? Mon BetterLate 14
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate Mon Finally 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages