Vote no

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

It has nothing to do with the kids. It has everything to do with greed.
bonnie

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Cos smoked crack back in the day
Crack

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

250 grand a year salary to Cosimo if we merge and a PHD bought and paid for thats the greed we speak of. Nobody is above the law not even Cosimo. I heard he still smokes crack it wasn't just back in the day but thats just a rumor, and this is topix.
easy does it

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Mr Tangorra is a good man! Even though I do not agree with a merger I know Mr. Tangorra had our childrens best interest at heart! So please ease up on the man!
Teachers Useless

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
When NY has the highest cost to educate students in the country for the last 15 years that should give you a clue. Even if they merge the cost will be over $1,500 more min. each stdent per year. So $1500x 3504 studentsIs 5.2 million more than they spend now. So do your research. Either way wehther together as merged school or seperate thye will cost more so why merge?
It is about former and current teachers retirements. Why do you think the teachers are in favor. If the schools go bankrupt they get a decreased retirement package. Who has the agenda? Now tell me it is all about the students. I am listening.
...and after all that wasted money, New York State is ranked 39th in Graduation Rates! Why? Because our greedy Teachers Union is like no other in the world, they have robbed our children's future!
larry

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

TIME TO RESTRUCTURE RE ORGANIZED AND CUTBACK!!!.....BOARD OF EDUCATION NEEDS TO GO!!
SICK OF IT

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

This is where NYS should tell theses teachers to start paying toward their insurance, work a few more hours/days per year...and cut back on their pensions......Welcome to the real world teachers!!!

Herkimer School board needs to go!!!!
SICK OF IT

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Maybe Herkimer school officals should get with some folks from Frankfort and see what they are doing to make it work......but that would take time and efort
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Cant wait for the day
when you all will realize
the mistake you made
friends of the merge

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

stay in rochester u effing jerkoff
Tangorra supporter

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

I do not know Mr. Tangorra personally, nor have I ever spoke to him. However, I do not understand how people can bash a man that has the kids best interest at heart. Mr Tangorra was looking out for his own students and wanted the best for them. He along with Mohawk and others on the board allowed both Herkimer and Frankfort to become a part of this study to allow a brighter future for the kids as well. I do not work in the education field, however, one thing I have seen time and time again, are PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF CHANGE. However the merger was a change that needed to be made. All three districts have many teachers who have to struggle teaching our students because we cannot afford to update our technology to better our students education. When our students go to college, they will already be behind students that come from different school districts because their education is modernized to meet todayís needs. Educators (teachers, principles, and school aids ect.) are a rare gem. Not many people can teach 20 something students with limited resources. Our text books are out of date and they have to work with what they have to better your childs future. Cosmo Tangorra saw this and tried to better our childrens lives in the future. Shame on all of those that have downgraded him as an individual and or an educator. Iíll say it again, Change is a scary thing, but we will now never know the advantages that could have been for our children based on this change!!!!
friends of the merge

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

thanks mommy
sure thing dk

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about dumb, look in the mirror champ!! The school is a government run operation and they do not look out in the best interest for the taxpayer or student. It all about what make them look good. When NY has the highest cost to educate students in the country for the last 15 years that should give you a clue. Even if they merge the cost will be over $1,500 more min. each stdent per year. So $1500x 3504 studentsIs 5.2 million more than they spend now. So do your research. Either way wehther together as merged school or seperate thye will cost more so why merge?
It is about former and current teachers retirements. Why do you think the teachers are in favor. If the schools go bankrupt they get a decreased retirement package. Who has the agenda? Now tell me it is all about the students. I am listening.
Sure thing buddy, not quite. But the good new is the cost to educate your kid just went down.
sure thing dk

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

friends of the merge wrote:
thanks mommy
FU jerkoff.
The Merger is Over

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Let's talk about how FRANKFORT can beat Herkimer Tonight

Smash-Mouth Football.

Pound it up the gut.

Run it to the left.

Run it to the right.

Rotate lineman in on first downs.

Rotate lineman in on Defense.

No Passing No Passes No Pitch Plays.

Ok Jeff !!!
Lombardi weeps

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

The Merger is Over wrote:
Let's talk about how FRANKFORT can beat Herkimer Tonight
Smash-Mouth Football.
Pound it up the gut.
Run it to the left.
Run it to the right.
Rotate lineman in on first downs.
Rotate lineman in on Defense.
No Passing No Passes No Pitch Plays.
Ok Jeff !!!
You forget 4th down and 10 yards to go,3 points wins the game,4 seconds left,ball on the 10 yard line. Formation Belly I right, hut hut,; oh damn!
Whats a field goal?
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Herkimer Haiku wrote:
Cant wait for the day
when you all will realize
the mistake you made
Wait no longer, Herkimer Haiku, after reading your posts I already realize the mistake I've made. Here I wasted my time researching and carefully weighing all the pros and cons of a merger, in an effort to make what I believed to be a well informed decision, when all I had to do was to ask how you were voting. I never should have cast my vote based solely on the facts. I'll try not to make the same mistake, come the November elections.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Tangorra supporter wrote:
I do not know Mr. Tangorra personally, nor have I ever spoke to him. However, I do not understand how people can bash a man that has the kids best interest at heart. Mr Tangorra was looking out for his own students and wanted the best for them. He along with Mohawk and others on the board allowed both Herkimer and Frankfort to become a part of this study to allow a brighter future for the kids as well. I do not work in the education field, however, one thing I have seen time and time again, are PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF CHANGE. However the merger was a change that needed to be made. All three districts have many teachers who have to struggle teaching our students because we cannot afford to update our technology to better our students education. When our students go to college, they will already be behind students that come from different school districts because their education is modernized to meet todayís needs. Educators (teachers, principles, and school aids ect.) are a rare gem. Not many people can teach 20 something students with limited resources. Our text books are out of date and they have to work with what they have to better your childs future. Cosmo Tangorra saw this and tried to better our childrens lives in the future. Shame on all of those that have downgraded him as an individual and or an educator. Iíll say it again, Change is a scary thing, but we will now never know the advantages that could have been for our children based on this change!!!!
I agree with your assessment of Mr. Tangorra. He's a great guy who really does have our children's best interests at heart. However, I voted against the merger, not because I'm afraid of change, but because of lack of thorough planning. The proposed merger raised more questions than the planners had sufficient answers for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
cheating men 4 min knot again 41
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 2 hr CrewCut 19
Valley Liquor putting liquor shops out of busin... 7 hr Malcolm Mac Wallace 7
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 7 hr IWillTellYou 18
Valley health Schrader & Watson 8 hr really 148
Best Bars in 80s & 90s. 13 hr Memories 45
free ribs!!! 15 hr freaking rican 1
•••
•••