Interesting

Little Falls, NY

#21 May 20, 2013
Mailers wrote:
Every few days I get a different high-grade glossy mailer asking me to vote YES for the library re-districting. My question is: Who is paying for these expensive brochures to be printed and for the postage to everyone in the Herkimer school district several times a week? Is it coming from te library funds? THE LATEST ONE EVEN GOES SO FAR AS TO FALSELY IMPLY THAT THE LIBRARY WILL CLOSE IF YOU DON'T VOTE YES FOR THE RE-DISTRICTING. I got news for them. They are wasting their money with me. I am voting NO because I think anyone who uses the library can go when it is open, even if they are open 38 or whatever hours a week. It's still 7.5 hours a day (probably 10 to 5:30). That's fine with me. I also don't need the latest new release DVD's from the library. Most of us have our own computer as well. If you don't OK and you can still go and use the library computer at normal hours. Why do they have to lie and imply that the library will no longer be around if you vote NO. And to spend all that money on such lies just to try to get you to vote yes? That settles it for me. Vote NO!
I'm the library Director and I've been following this conversation with interest. The mailers are funded with grants. None of the mailers say that the library will close if the vote does not pass. If you have questions, you should contact us and we will be glad to discuss it with you and clear up any misinformation.- Les Paul (not the guitarist)
very interesting

New York, NY

#22 May 20, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the library Director and I've been following this conversation with interest. The mailers are funded with grants. None of the mailers say that the library will close if the vote does not pass. If you have questions, you should contact us and we will be glad to discuss it with you and clear up any misinformation.- Les Paul (not the guitarist)
the person you responded to is nothing more than an internet troll who spends all their time posting lies and garbage online. Just ignore the little fella. I'm sure shortly they'll be posting from their Syracuse IP location to harass or threaten me, as is their MO.
Interesting

Little Falls, NY

#23 May 20, 2013
Yes, misinformed troll is misinformed.

Please visit www.midyorklib.org/herkimer to see a five-minute presentation with correct information about the district proposition. Or contact me. I don't bite.- Les Paul.
ok then

United States

#24 May 20, 2013
Pinky wrote:
Most of you have probably never had the pleasure of taking your child to the story hour run by one of the nicest children's librarians around. Or utilized the children's room with your child so that he or she can have the enjoyment of reading new books. Have you attended any of the programs the library offers to the public? It is sad that the community does not take advantage of more of the library's services and programs. If you took a minute to check out what they have to offer besides just books and audio visual materials you might be surprised.
And they will continue to do story times even if you vote NO. Don't let them scare you into voting yes. Keep the library district as it presently is. Vote NO.
ok then

United States

#25 May 20, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>I'm the library Director and I've been following this conversation with interest. The mailers are funded with grants. None of the mailers say that the library will close if the vote does not pass. If you have questions, you should contact us and we will be glad to discuss it with you and clear up any misinformation.- Les Paul (not the guitarist)
That is wrong. One of these mailers has a family being quoted implying that if you vote no we will lose the library. It is a high gloss green & white mailer.
taxed

Herkimer, NY

#26 May 20, 2013
My school tax bill is high enough. The library will survive just fine. I agree, open 10 to 6 or 11 to 7 if you need to stay open till 7 for some reason. Close earlier in winter. One-year old or two- year old videos are fine with me too. BTW don't they get the videos from the MidYork Library System? It's not like the Herkimer Library has to purchase the new videos from Hollywood. Same with books. Sorry, not against having a public library, just against higher taxes when they are high enough. This is a separate matter from the school merger vote. This is a NEW tax on top of the school taxes. Stop trying to suck more money out of the residents. Leave the library district as it is. Vote NO to re-
districting.
screw it

Stephentown, NY

#27 May 21, 2013
We have no need for another library, have you seen our graduation rate? We soar...
graduate

Little Falls, NY

#28 May 21, 2013
The library has obviously not helped the graduation rate in recent years. That is not a factor here. What is at stake is not the library itself, it will still be around even if the results of today's vote is no. If you don't think your school tax bill is high enough and are looking for a way to make it higher, vote YES. If you don't want new taxes added onto your already high school tax bill, vote NO. If you seriously believe that the library will close if the vote is NO, please stay home and don't vote because morons who don't know what the vote is about should not be voting. The library will not close if you vote NO. Your school tax bill will increase even higher if you vote YES. So vote NO.
no way jose

United States

#29 May 21, 2013
graduate wrote:
The library has obviously not helped the graduation rate in recent years. That is not a factor here. What is at stake is not the library itself, it will still be around even if the results of today's vote is no. If you don't think your school tax bill is high enough and are looking for a way to make it higher, vote YES. If you don't want new taxes added onto your already high school tax bill, vote NO. If you seriously believe that the library will close if the vote is NO, please stay home and don't vote because morons who don't know what the vote is about should not be voting. The library will not close if you vote NO. Your school tax bill will increase even higher if you vote YES. So vote NO.
Don't forget if you rent an apartment and vote yes on the library part you will increase your landlord's tax bill needlessly and this increase in taxes will result in a rent increase. Vote No on the library part of the vote. Your kids will still be able to go to the library.
Read Them

Little Falls, NY

#30 May 21, 2013
ok then wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wrong. One of these mailers has a family being quoted implying that if you vote no we will lose the library. It is a high gloss green & white mailer.
The mailers clearly explain what will happen if the library vote does not pass, and it does not include closing. However, if funding continues to drop, closing is an option in future years. There are no grants out there that cover operating funds, and whenever the trustees raise money from other sources, the Village cuts the library's budget by a corresponding amount. We need stable funding to operate. Period.- Les Paul
first amenment

Liverpool, NY

#31 May 21, 2013
please close it we have the hccc library vote No , no more tax increase. period-your mayor
oh no

Little Falls, NY

#32 May 21, 2013
Maybe you should find a solution and make a better agreement with the village. Sounds like your plan to re-district is an easy way out if you get enough votes. Too bad it increases everyone's school tax bill. The way you explained it is similar to people who get welfare benefits saying: if I work the amount I make will be reduced from my benefits, so why bother working. Instead of raising the school tax bills with your library re-districting plan, formulate a plan with the village about not being punished for fundraising. Your board should be able to handle that. Otherwise why are they there. Now I'm even more inclined to vote NO.
oh no

Little Falls, NY

#33 May 21, 2013
And the money wasted on all those multiple mailer could have been better spent to come up with a solution, or at least you could have sent mailers shaming the village board and the mayor into no dipping into the library funds just because you raise some extra money. Shame on you for bringing this to a redistricting vote instead! So immature! And at the cost of the taxpayers.
Interesting

Little Falls, NY

#34 May 21, 2013
This has been discussed with the Village and they will continue on the same course no matter what. If we send out expensive mailers shaming them, they will correctly tell us we should have spent that money on daily operations.

If you have a better solution for the library other than a becoming a district library, please contact either myself or the library Board of Trustees. We're all ears. We would like to hear your plan. I have to be done with this thread for today. Happy voting.- Les Paul
oh no

Little Falls, NY

#35 May 21, 2013
Les, since you just stated where the real problem (or at least most of it) stems from, if the library re-districting does not pass (and I hope it doesn't pass) I will seriously consider donating enough money for the sole purpose of letting the Village residents know what is going on, and shaming the village board and the mayor for dipping into the library funds because of your fundraisers. That is truly shameful and they need to be exposed publicly. I can feel you came up with re-districting out of frustration and the village board has hindered your finances, but I still hope the library re-districting vote comes out NO.
hi kids

Stephentown, NY

#36 May 21, 2013
At least one yes vote for the library just pulled.
IT PASSED

Herkimer, NY

#37 May 21, 2013
now got eat it!
ill bite

Stephentown, NY

#38 May 21, 2013
IT PASSED wrote:
now got eat it!
What passed?
bite this

New York, NY

#39 May 22, 2013
ill bite wrote:
<quoted text>
What passed?
What is the title of this thread? Herkimer Library vote.

What passed? Think a little harder.....
dork

Cortland, NY

#40 May 22, 2013
bite this wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the title of this thread? Herkimer Library vote.
What passed? Think a little harder.....
Lick a little harder azzhool.
Didn't they vote on the library yesterday? Could that be what's being asked???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 1 hr WRONG and funny 61
Mr lnow 1 hr Curios 2
Need a man. 18 hr mtgcdjfl 6
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? 22 hr catch up 93
What did Ex-Ilion investigator PAUL ROSE reciev... Wed The Truth 8
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) Dec 23 mr cat 298
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Dec 22 Ho Ho Ho Merry Xmas 5

Flood Warning for Herkimer County was issued at December 25 at 1:47PM EST

Herkimer Dating
Find my Match