Herkimer Library Vote: NO

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Library

Little Falls, NY

#1 May 15, 2013
When is the last time you went to the Herkimer Library? Last week? Last month? Last year? Last decade? The lobrary board says they need more money and want taxpayers to pay more along with the increasing school taxes. Well I have news for them. We all need more money and we deal with it. Would it hurt us if the library cut a few hours? Opened its doors a little later in the day? Or even closed earier in winter months to save not only labor costs, but electric and heat as well? Have you seen some of the people who use the library? Would you even want to touch the keyboards at the computer area or put the headphones at the kids' computer area on your own child? Would you even want to use the bathroom there? Some of these freaks are disgusting and just hang out there pretending to read so they can relax in a free air conditioned environment or a free heated environment with nice seating areas. Then they use the free clean restroom because they are 'library guests' and they don't have to clean it themselves, someone else cleans it for them and it's always clean the next time they have to use it maybe that afternoon or the next day. And would you let your daughter even go to the library with all the weirdo's and sex offenders living right there on the same street, using the library park benches and their hangout and your daughter has to walk through them in order to enter the library as they gawk at her? The vote on May 21 is not going to change the people that are around the library. It is not going to change the fact that most decent people have their own computers at home, get their information from online sources, rent DVD's or get movies on demand, and buy the books they want to read at a bookstore. Think about it, do they sanitize the books or videos after they are borrowed by God knows who? Yes, it's true that it's cool to go to the library a few times a year mabye to see something different or to look far a book you can't find. But you can go when it's open. And if it's open 8 hours a day instead of 10 so what! The library won't dissolve. I am not paying any more money than I have to in order for the village to have a library. I will not pay more on my school tax bill to support Hekimer's bottomfeeders. Sorry, but NO! Saying you want more money without showing us exactly how you spend what you already get and who is paid what there, payments to vendors, etc.? Increasing our school taxes even more on something not related to the school as it is right now? NO! Spread the word to vote NO on the library proposition on May 21.
Library

Little Falls, NY

#2 May 15, 2013
typing fast, sorry some typos. It happens.
wow

Little Falls, NY

#3 May 15, 2013
Wow. Never thought of it that way. It's true though. I'm definitely voting no on the library part of the vote. Keep it the village library. It gets funds from the village, the town, and the county. Don't change it to just the school district. Our taxes at school-tax time are high enough.
club cracker

Liverpool, NY

#4 May 15, 2013
im voting NO, ill let te friends o the merge know also, upurs dale u phag
ole timer

Old Forge, NY

#5 May 15, 2013
Just a thought- So many people are "up in arms"
about restrictions on firearms, but they don't
mind losing their "books". Priorities, priorities.
hey

Herkimer, NY

#6 May 15, 2013
We will not be losing our books if the vote is NO. The library will simply have to open a little later on the day, and they won't be able to get new DVD movie titles every month to loan out. Maybe just every other month then. Big deal. The library will not run out of books if you vote no. Vote no.
voter

Herkimer, NY

#7 May 15, 2013
Look at the library board. These are the same people who wanted you to vote yes on the school merger because of the promise it would lower your school taxes. Now these same people are asking you to vote for the change to the library district and RAISE your school tax bill in the process, because in this case raising your taxes benefits them. I guess that's how things work around here. Vote no. They should work within their means, just like we do.
too funny

New York, NY

#8 May 16, 2013
6 out of the 7 posts here are from the exact same internet troll. "Ole timer" is the only exception.

The Herkimer loser yaps again!
frends of th merge

Liverpool, NY

#9 May 16, 2013
hey stroker clam it u phagg
too funny

New York, NY

#10 May 16, 2013
ahh, the Lou Sir communicates!
club cracker

Liverpool, NY

#11 May 16, 2013
i see they just relesed you from state prison, your still wearing those pants a little low ahahahahahh
Get the Right Information

Little Falls, NY

#12 May 16, 2013
The same troll is posting under different names. Hey troll, it sounds like the only reason you have for voting no is that people you look down on also use the library and the park.

Why don't you go to the library web site and get the right information about why voting no would be so detrimental. They've already reduced hours, staff, and purchases. While you're at it, check out their library visit and circulation figures, which are phenomenal. Oh, and their financial and board information is on their web site for everyone to look at, unlike any of the municipalities around here. Why don't you attend a board meeting or one of the community meetings the board held to take comments and questions about the district vote? Why don't you get the right information and STFU.
Johnson

New York, NY

#13 May 16, 2013
YES to library & NO to the rest. luv this
upurs troll

Liverpool, NY

#14 May 16, 2013
vote No n No
no to library

Little Falls, NY

#15 May 16, 2013
No
no to library

Little Falls, NY

#16 May 16, 2013
Get the Right Information wrote:
The same troll is posting under different names. Hey troll, it sounds like the only reason you have for voting no is that people you look down on also use the library and the park.

Why don't you go to the library web site and get the right information about why voting no would be so detrimental. They've already reduced hours, staff, and purchases. While you're at it, check out their library visit and circulation figures, which are phenomenal. Oh, and their financial and board information is on their web site for everyone to look at, unlike any of the municipalities around here. Why don't you attend a board meeting or one of the community meetings the board held to take comments and questions about the district vote? Why don't you get the right information and STFU.
I have read all these posts and it sounds to me like YOU are the one writing under different names. And like I just said, my vote will be NO.
Get the right information

Little Falls, NY

#17 May 16, 2013
no to library wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all these posts and it sounds to me like YOU are the one writing under different names. And like I just said, my vote will be NO.
Get the right information about this issue. Then you can make informed comments.
Mailers

Herkimer, NY

#18 May 18, 2013
Every few days I get a different high-grade glossy mailer asking me to vote YES for the library re-districting. My question is: Who is paying for these expensive brochures to be printed and for the postage to everyone in the Herkimer school district several times a week? Is it coming from te library funds? THE LATEST ONE EVEN GOES SO FAR AS TO FALSELY IMPLY THAT THE LIBRARY WILL CLOSE IF YOU DON'T VOTE YES FOR THE RE-DISTRICTING. I got news for them. They are wasting their money with me. I am voting NO because I think anyone who uses the library can go when it is open, even if they are open 38 or whatever hours a week. It's still 7.5 hours a day (probably 10 to 5:30). That's fine with me. I also don't need the latest new release DVD's from the library. Most of us have our own computer as well. If you don't OK and you can still go and use the library computer at normal hours. Why do they have to lie and imply that the library will no longer be around if you vote NO. And to spend all that money on such lies just to try to get you to vote yes? That settles it for me. Vote NO!
wtf

Herkimer, NY

#19 May 19, 2013
NO! NO! NO!
Pinky

Little Falls, NY

#20 May 20, 2013
Most of you have probably never had the pleasure of taking your child to the story hour run by one of the nicest children's librarians around. Or utilized the children's room with your child so that he or she can have the enjoyment of reading new books. Have you attended any of the programs the library offers to the public? It is sad that the community does not take advantage of more of the library's services and programs. If you took a minute to check out what they have to offer besides just books and audio visual materials you might be surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joe Voter 6,473
hccc 4 hr aliens r coming 19
way to go herkimer 5 hr Town Resident 7
Big Boys 2nd Hand Store On King Street Will Rip... (Sep '10) 13 hr common sence 26
herkimer is a poor town Tue Virgil A Curtis 2
New Jail Meeting Tue Resident 2
Former Glory Days bar caves in Tue pete and re-pete 21
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer Jobs

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]