Herkimer ranked 5th most dangerous NY...

Herkimer ranked 5th most dangerous NYS town

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Booger

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jan 15, 2014
So to make the list you only have to have 1 shooting? Wow...
BIKERS are the problem

Malone, NY

#4 Jan 15, 2014
have you seen how many outlaw biker gangs go running around terrorizing people with their loud pipes and hollering obscenities at innocent young women?

they just ride around from bar to bar getting drunk and seem to delight in being a menace to society!

if it wasn't for these biker gang hoodlums Herkimer would be a safe place!
wrong

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2014
It's not bikers. It's the college. Think about all of the thefts, rapes, assaults. Sorry but it's college age kids. Not that it's a specific race... but all of the black people the college has collected, certainly have added significantly to the problem.
first amendment

Utica, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2014
bikers take it deep in the azz just like dale
BIKERS are the problem

Malone, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2014
wrong wrote:
It's not bikers. It's the college. Think about all of the thefts, rapes, assaults. Sorry but it's college age kids. Not that it's a specific race... but all of the black people the college has collected, certainly have added significantly to the problem.
well that's true, the college youngsters are another reason why Herkimer is so dangerous. the only good thing is that we can hope that young people will set themselves on the right path with a good education and inspiration at HCCC, to become productive responsible and law-abiding citizens of this great country.

the BIKERS on the other hand are incorrigible thugs hell bent on making life miserable for innocent civilians. most of them have smelly beards and don't wear underwear. they cannot be reformed except perhaps by means of lobotomy.

until we can be rid of the biker scourge, Herkimer will continue to be one of the Most Dangerous Towns in NYS!
Golf Clap

Little Falls, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2014
BIKERS are the problem wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's true, the college youngsters are another reason why Herkimer is so dangerous. the only good thing is that we can hope that young people will set themselves on the right path with a good education and inspiration at HCCC, to become productive responsible and law-abiding citizens of this great country.
the BIKERS on the other hand are incorrigible thugs hell bent on making life miserable for innocent civilians. most of them have smelly beards and don't wear underwear. they cannot be reformed except perhaps by means of lobotomy.
until we can be rid of the biker scourge, Herkimer will continue to be one of the Most Dangerous Towns in NYS!
I give you a 7 out of 10 on the troll scale, mostly for persistence. You should have left out the part about smelly beards and not wearing underwear. You were trying too hard.

Since: Dec 13

littlefalls

#9 Jan 15, 2014
no upside wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...that's terrible.
You can thank your ratpublicans,lions club,and the filthy trash from 12-1 at a pizza dump. WAKE UP JERKIMER.
herkimer

Vernon, NY

#10 Jan 15, 2014
Give me a break! Herkimer is not dangerous. When's the last time any of us was mugged. When's the last time any of us had a break-in in our house. When's the last time you were realistically scared getting into your car after dark. I bet a lot of people living here still keep their cars unlocked, and none of us has 4 or 5 deadbolts and chains on our front door. Our kids are able to walk to friends' houses without us wondering if they are going to get hurt getting there. None of us fears for our daughter's safety walking home from school. We are so sheltered in this safe village that most people don't know what dangerous is. Most of these studies on crime rate are based on per 100,000 people. We have 7,700 people. That means that if a 'boyfriend' now ex-boyfriend rapes a girl, that one rape counts as 13 rapes per 100,000 people and pretty soon it starts to look like a scary, dangerous village on paper. Same thing with burglaries, assaults, etc. Therefore, if there are let's say 20 bar fights and 20 'family disputes' a year, even though most of us don't go looking for trouble at the bar and don't have messed up families who punch each other when we disagree on something, it still automatically counts as 520 assaults on the scale it's based on. Boy, that does sound like a dangerous village, doesn't it.
unsafe in herkimer

Gloversville, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2014
fool. you can't go by what's on the books. those that write the books have an agenda to lull the voters into thinking they are safe. nothing can be further from the truth.

herkimer is definitely unsafe unless you have connections. lazy incompetent law enforcement refuses to help victims and if they even bother arresting violent criminals every once in a while, weak judges will only sentence repeat offenders to minimum time in jail despite multiple violent offenses. i have several references for anyone with their heads in the sand or stuffed up their ass. the entire county is run by criminals for criminals

also, the kurt myers killings never had to happen, and when it did, it took many officers and agencies from the outside and a long period of time to stop one old man. there were signs. don't stay stupid and believe what the morons running herkimer into the toilet are telling you

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 15, 2014
The place is a dump! My dump. I own the streets

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 15, 2014
yeah im sure its based on per capita. Not actual number. Per capita yes -then its a shit hole. Also dont forget there was a big shooting there in the last year. Lots of losers. Look at the shit walking the streets that dont work. Dont work you get into mischief.
Way to go

Herkimer, NY

#14 Jan 15, 2014
Golf Clap wrote:
<quoted text>
I give you a 7 out of 10 on the troll scale, mostly for persistence. You should have left out the part about smelly beards and not wearing underwear. You were trying too hard.
You pegged that guy right. LOL I'd rather live next door to decent bikers than some of my neighbors!!
omg

Ilion, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2014
Well all I know is I walk around town, park my car in the village at different times, my kids go to school here, have never known anyone who's been assaulted or burglarized or mugged, and I've lived here 30 years. Must be I'm not hip or cool. Herkimer is safe. Maybe some areas in Herkimer are not worth taking pictures to make postcards from, but it's not dangerous.
Wow

Malone, NY

#16 Jan 15, 2014
OK point the finger at the village leadership with all its dirty deals with the college. The social service dept more worried about keeping job then getting people of the system. your county legislators who do nothing but pat each other on the back. Great job in just destroying this town. Be pround
omg

Oneonta, NY

#17 Jan 16, 2014
This thread is about how Herkimer is dangerous. Herkimer is not dangerous.
CURIOUS

Oneonta, NY

#18 Jan 16, 2014
Wow wrote:
OK point the finger at the village leadership with all its dirty deals with the college. The social service dept more worried about keeping job then getting people of the system. your county legislators who do nothing but pat each other on the back. Great job in just destroying this town. Be pround
Agreed!! Esp. with regards to the social services part in all of this..

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2014
Read the study. The shooting last year did not figure into the results. Their data came from the 2012 FBI crime stats, not 2013.

The criteria were violent crime, property crime, and your chance of being a crime victim.

As far as it being skewed against Herkimer because it is a small town, nonsense. Elmira (pop slightly less than 7,000) was deemed the safest. In fact, the top 10 is dominated by small towns. If anything, their methodology favors making them look safer than they are.

People need to wake up. It is fine to love your town despite its warts. However, putting your collective heads in the sand and denying reality is why the town became a dump. This is not 1980 Herkimer. Even "behind the hospital" is not nearly as nice as it was 30 years ago.
Lt Colonel

Sioux Falls, SD

#20 Jan 18, 2014
I think it started long ago with the prisons going up in marcy. sure the college doesn't help; but many people moved to area because they are related to someone in prison and so they could be near them. Herkimer was the place of choice back in the day. now it is the opposite.
dangerous herkimer county

Speculator, NY

#21 Jan 21, 2014
after the fire and death that just happened in ilion lots of ppl on this thread can say i told u so. this area is not safe only ppl that r friends or fam of cops deny it. omg
Not so fast

Ithaca, NY

#22 Jan 21, 2014
Can anyone seriously say that they would feel more safe living in Utica, Syracuse, Albany, Amsterdam, etc. rather than Herkimer? I live in Herkimer and I don't recall anyone knocking on my door or calling me to ask me how safe I feel in my community. This survey should not be based on crimes that are for the most part "non-violent." The survey should be based on the residents opinion. I'd walk down Main Street in Herkimer in the middle of the night before I would walk down any street is Cornhill in the middle of the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SKOOL CHECK SITE free 6 hr IGOT knoname 1
The Good Ol'Boys favorite Coward refuses to debate 7 hr Wilfred Pizzadink 5
Another Year for Macri 7 hr Pete Macreetard 2
Carpenter Signs. " It's a matter of public safe... 7 hr RadarLove 31
DA Race 11 hr NoIsYes 12
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) 15 hr Amy 326
MAB air solutions LLC 15 hr Joe 12

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance