Utica church and State Police in Herk...

Utica church and State Police in Herkimer give toys to ARC

There are 7 comments on the WKTV - News - Local story from Dec 23, 2010, titled Utica church and State Police in Herkimer give toys to ARC. In it, WKTV - News - Local reports that:

UTICA and HERKIMER, N.Y. - On December 22, the Most Rev. Stephen J. Enea, Archbishop of the Italo-Greek Orthodox Church, whose parish, the Cathedral of the Theotokos of Great Grace in Utica and New York State Troopers from Troop D in Herkimer delivered presents to children who receive services at Madison Cortland ARC as part of their Toys for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV - News - Local.

Unorthodox

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 23, 2010
So much for the separation of Church and State. But seriously, how does this church even survive, never mind get all this stuff, when no one goes there -- they're never even open when they say their services are.
Weird

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 23, 2010
So the State Police in Herkimer grouped with a church in Utica to give toys to those that receive services at Madison Cortland ARC? Wasn't their anywhere local, like in Herkimer that they could do this?
Most Rev Stephen J Enea

Rome, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2010
What does the Church and State Police joining forces to do good for others, especially children in need, have anything to do with the separation of Church and State? Since when is it not permitted for the Church and State to work together for the common good?
I see that you live in Auburn, NY. When was the last time you were at the Cathedral? Except for when I am visiting other congreaitons in my diocese or during the period from Thanksgiving to the beginning of Great Lent when the Cathedral is closed (we do not have any heat or electricity in the builidng to to water damage), there is Divine Liturgy every Sunday at 9:30am. During the first week of Great Lent, there are services five times a day and on every Wednesday and Friday during Great Lent and every day during Holy Week, plus every major feast day.
How do we survive? The answer to that question is easy....by God's mercy and grace. How do we do what we do? The answer to that question is easy too... by love and devotion and a firm commitment to do the work of the Lord.
Most Rev Stephen J Enea

Rome, NY

#4 Dec 23, 2010
Yes..we did do alot in Herkimer County...namely all the Headstart classes in Ilion, Herkimer, Little Falls and Mt. Markham plus children from about 30 families in Herkimer County whose names we obtain from various sources each year.

It just happened that the ARC in Oneida sent out a press release which included a Trooper based at the Herkimer Station who delivered the toys with me that particular day to the ARC. FYI, Troopers from both the Herkimer and the Marcy stations assisted with the deliveries over the course of a week and a half. The New York State Police is just one of many partners of the Toys for Children Program, which is now in its 12th year. NYSP has been a partner for five years.

I serve as Chaplain for Troop D/Zone 1, which includes the Herkimer, Marcy. Remsen and Sylvan Beach Stations. I am proud of my Troopers and their commitment to help others. Their active and unselfish participation in this kind of a program brought smiles and love to alot of children and made the holiday season much happier for them.
A Friend

North Tonawanda, NY

#5 Dec 24, 2010
God bless you Father Stephan.
Tony

Fairport, NY

#6 Dec 24, 2010
The toys are probably stolen, if the state police are involved.
upset kid

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Tony wrote:
The toys are probably stolen, if the state police are involved.
If the gifts are like the womans body that was 800 yards from the barracks for 2 years then the cops cant find them to give to the kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN CBS ABC are disgusting 7 hr Liberal party don... 6
REVAMP...I like PEEPING threw HUGE windows & WATCH Sun LoveTheNewGym 8
No Churches helping out with WARM-UP stations? Sun social club 9
Poll Is Anna Mulligan A prostitute? (Jun '12) Sun Anna 58
Poll Men, do you pee in the sink? (Aug '09) Sun HerkJerk 362
Todd Bennett Sat Bernard 7
wheres amy rende Jan 12 Steve cross 5

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance