Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated May 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Herkimer, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2013
how come herk is not getting more money. oh that's right they don't need it they can survive on their own. you did the right thing ilion/mohawk
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Actually, according to the official NYS senate state aid report which lists every school district in NYS, Herkimer is getting an increase of $1,008,453. But of course you did't know that because you only see what you are told, and WKTV left Herkimer out of their list of local schools because that's about how much extra Herkimer needed and WKTV did not want to look foolish having coerced with Tangorra to try to push the 3 school merger last year through fear and intimidation. Notice WKTV also left out the additional state aid Mohawk would have gotten had they not merged, which just happens to be $1,946,595. Do you think WKTV left that information out because these numbers came out the day of the newly merged school board election? A standalone Ilion would have gotten $3,886,150. They were trying to make people believe that Ilion's increase was for the new merged district. If this had hit the news there would have been a public outcry about how any of these mergers were not necessary, and obviously they did not want that on the day of the newly merged BOE elections. So I am glad we fought the fight and won. I am glad Herkimer is standing tall as a community with its own school district, its own elementary school, and its own high school. I am glad our kids don't have to be shifted to different buildings in different towns every 2 years. I am proud to be a Magician. I am happy to live in Herkimer. So you sheep continue to follow your shepherd if that makes you happy. I would rather question everything and find the truth, and fight for what I believe in.
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Having said that, now the Herkimer school board and the Herkimer superintendent have to remain frugal with ALL the expenses. Especially with the union contracts up for renewal. Time to renegotiate just a little, just enough to still be fair yet have the contracts be sustainable in the future. Because nobody knows how much state aid we'll get next year, or any future year. That's what's best for everybody.
Great Job

Little Falls, NY

#5 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Having said that, now the Herkimer school board and the Herkimer superintendent have to remain frugal with ALL the expenses. Especially with the union contracts up for renewal. Time to renegotiate just a little, just enough to still be fair yet have the contracts be sustainable in the future. Because nobody knows how much state aid we'll get next year, or any future year. That's what's best for everybody.
Herkimer please take these figures and post them on Ilion and Mohawks forum pages. I love how stupid and wrong Herkimer was said to be and people are discovering they are entering a huge nightmare with Ilion! This is funny news. Ironic WKTV never questioned the aid to Herkimer.
first amendment

Liverpool, NY

#6 Mar 28, 2013
wow thank you and now gfu dale
sooooooo

Herkimer, NY

#7 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Actually, according to the official NYS senate state aid report which lists every school district in NYS, Herkimer is getting an increase of $1,008,453. But of course you did't know that because you only see what you are told, and WKTV left Herkimer out of their list of local schools because that's about how much extra Herkimer needed and WKTV did not want to look foolish having coerced with Tangorra to try to push the 3 school merger last year through fear and intimidation. Notice WKTV also left out the additional state aid Mohawk would have gotten had they not merged, which just happens to be $1,946,595. Do you think WKTV left that information out because these numbers came out the day of the newly merged school board election? A standalone Ilion would have gotten $3,886,150. They were trying to make people believe that Ilion's increase was for the new merged district. If this had hit the news there would have been a public outcry about how any of these mergers were not necessary, and obviously they did not want that on the day of the newly merged BOE elections. So I am glad we fought the fight and won. I am glad Herkimer is standing tall as a community with its own school district, its own elementary school, and its own high school. I am glad our kids don't have to be shifted to different buildings in different towns every 2 years. I am proud to be a Magician. I am happy to live in Herkimer. So you sheep continue to follow your shepherd if that makes you happy. I would rather question everything and find the truth, and fight for what I believe in.
Thank you so much!!!!
parent

Little Falls, NY

#8 Mar 28, 2013
AWESOME!!! EAT THAT, ILIOHAWK! SHOULD HAVE WAITED YOUR 1 YEAR AND A DAY! NO TURNING BACK NOW! HOPE YOUR NEW SUPERINTENDENT ISN'T THE SAME ONE WHO RUSHED YOU TO AN UNNECESSARY MERGER IN THE HOPES OF GETTING A BIGGER PAYCHECK!
yeah

Ilion, NY

#9 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Could you please provide a link for the report? The only school aid list I could find was for Oswego, Jefferson & St. Lawrence Co.
Costmo Tangorro

Cortland, NY

#10 Mar 28, 2013
Haha fools Im gonna git a big ass paycheck, beyotch!
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#11 Mar 28, 2013
Here is the link. You will have to scroll down to page 37. That's where Herkimer County with Ilion, Mohawk, and Herkimer are listed. You have to wait for it to load, it's 88 pages. I am so glad we didn't merge. It's not EVERYTHING we need but I'm sure we can work with that. I think most people who voted yes did so out of desperation because they kept hearing it's the only way to stay open. At least I hope they didn't really want to merge. Anyway here it is
http://www.nysenate.gov/files/pdfs/2013-2014%...
funny

Little Falls, NY

#12 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Here is the link. You will have to scroll down to page 37. That's where Herkimer County with Ilion, Mohawk, and Herkimer are listed. You have to wait for it to load, it's 88 pages. I am so glad we didn't merge. It's not EVERYTHING we need but I'm sure we can work with that. I think most people who voted yes did so out of desperation because they kept hearing it's the only way to stay open. At least I hope they didn't really want to merge. Anyway here it is
It ain't what you think. Sorry about your luck.
kill yourself

Herkimer, NY

#13 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
that additional funding is separate and in addition to the funding Ilion and Mohawk will be getting from merging districts. They win, you lose. Again.
just wondering

Herkimer, NY

#14 Mar 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
yeah and when your kid has 3 study halls there senior year and cant take ap courses then what do you do?
Costmo Tangorro

Cortland, NY

#15 Mar 28, 2013
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and when your kid has 3 study halls there senior year and cant take ap courses then what do you do?
You are not going to get anything extra in Ilion because the teachers are going to get higher pay. Nice let down in aid after the merger. Hahahaha failures.
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#16 Mar 29, 2013
We'll work with what we have. But thanks for your concern.
merlin

New Hartford, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2013
We are all screwed. Poof
M-AZING

Binghamton, NY

#18 Apr 1, 2013
I for one am wondering why the school board is proposing the elimiation of teachers in the upcoming budget. Are there not other areas that could be cut rather than academics? Anyone who is a HHS graduate will tell you that they are not prepared for college, however they are able to recite the sectional titles that each sports team has won during their high school career. Something is wrong with this picture. Is eliminating teachers and an entire business department the answer? I for one feel the residents of Herkimer would have been better served to swallow their pride and admit they were wrong to the merger. It's time to realize that academics are the reason we send out kids to school, not sports. The merger would have opened up tremendous opportunities academically for the students which would have benefited them in the long run. I don't know of anyone who has gotten a job based on the fact that they played football of basketball in high school. I would much rather see teacher retention and the business department re-instated than see this money spent on sports. It is sad that the residents of this district cannot see the disservice they are doing to theit students.
Ura Fatouche

Carlisle, MA

#19 Apr 1, 2013
Cut teachers they are the leaches with benefits that suck the budget dry. They should pay up for their insurance like everyone else!
what the hell

Little Falls, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2013
Ura Fatouche wrote:
Cut teachers they are the leaches with benefits that suck the budget dry. They should pay up for their insurance like everyone else!
Everyone else??? PLEASE.
csi herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#21 Apr 2, 2013
will that million plus bring back cheerleading? with all thats wrong with the district, do something good with the money. we need more subjects, and more kids graduating.more state aid, this should save us tax payers from voting down the budget. education is the way out. i dont see to many of our great footballers or basketballers playing college sports. we need their minds. thank the head of this state for the money. how does the enrollment for next year?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just wondering 2 hr what the heck 3
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 2 hr puma 48
Valley health Schrader & Watson 5 hr Debbie 182
WHAT'S will all the POLICE PRESENCE on GERMAN S... 5 hr Tommy smithy 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr Lol 16,781
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) 14 hr RufutableInk 286
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 16 hr zzzzzzzzz 20
•••
•••
•••