good place for a fish fry

good place for a fish fry

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
new to area

Fishers, NY

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Everyone says that the best place to go for a fish fry in the valley is a place called Fat Cats? is it true?
taxpayer

West Leyden, NY

#2 Feb 24, 2009
It's the best that I've found in the valley.
tim

West Leyden, NY

#3 Feb 24, 2009
new to area wrote:
Everyone says that the best place to go for a fish fry in the valley is a place called Fat Cats? is it true?
Excellent fish frys. The best I've had.
The help is always friendly.
Yummmm

AOL

#4 Feb 24, 2009
Brass Tack in Frankfort is great too. Love the steamed clam special on Thursday nights.
Here in Herkimer

West Leyden, NY

#5 Feb 24, 2009
Donna's usually has a good Fish Fry as well.
In the Know

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 25, 2009
Also, the best fried scallops you can find around here.
Tiger

Frankfort, NY

#7 Feb 25, 2009
Carneys good and cheap
Fred

Durhamville, NY

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Number one in my book...Crabby's Fish Market, Flint Ave., Little Falls. They also have the best pizza and wings in L.F.
Pattycakes

Herkimer, NY

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Fat Cats is awesome but Fred is right. Crabby's in Little Falls is hard to beat. Especially during lent. They have fresh fish every week and it doesn't taste or smell like Harry's woman.
Pattycakes

Herkimer, NY

#12 Feb 26, 2009
You must have me mistaken for someone else Harry because I always wax upstairs and down. Besides, you're the one referencing your woman on a fish post so I assumed you still had a sense of smell.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 26, 2009
obviously anyone that eats at fat cats never went to school with the lowreys or the rays. you just keep eating that seafood and wondering where that fishy smell is coming from.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#15 Feb 27, 2009
Harry Balzonya wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby,
I sure do have a sense of smell and I enjoy it. Now tell me you never stuck your finger in there and didn't come up with a little scent. You all do have an aroma and I like it. Now you got a man who's taking care of your needs down there? You don't sound it. That's why you know you want to go on a three way fun filled action with me, my girl is up for that anytime. We love an extra woman in the bedroom don't worry you won't go home disasatisfied.
Hahahaha, I do love the super smooth talk of the internet lothario, hahahahahaha. Because anyone that posts such a blurb hasn't had it in a LONG time. Here, lemmee handle your reply:

No Dr. Dick, I don't cruise Roy Rogers' statewide for cock like you, your the gayest gay pants that ever gave there gym teacher a rusty trombone after badminton practice. Fag.

I think that's about what it will amount to.

Also, I give Crabby's the edge, Fat Cat's seems somewhat dirty to me, never had their wings but the pizza is exactly what you could make at home if you weren't too particular about how it turned out.
hello

West Leyden, NY

#20 Feb 27, 2009
Doctor Rick Dagless M D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha, I do love the super smooth talk of the internet lothario, hahahahahaha. Because anyone that posts such a blurb hasn't had it in a LONG time. Here, lemmee handle your reply:
No Dr. Dick, I don't cruise Roy Rogers' statewide for cock like you, your the gayest gay pants that ever gave there gym teacher a rusty trombone after badminton practice. Fag.
I think that's about what it will amount to.
Also, I give Crabby's the edge, Fat Cat's seems somewhat dirty to me, never had their wings but the pizza is exactly what you could make at home if you weren't too particular about how it turned out.
Fat Cat's don't have pizza and wings. Its SEAFOOD. You must like the places that have low lighting so you can't see the filth. Fat Cat's is quite clean. I take it you haven't been there since you think the pizza is made at home. You should check the place out and make sure you know what the menu is before you post a comment that is incorrect.
spongebob

AOL

#21 Feb 27, 2009
I would say Fat Cats then I seen the kids in there .Dirty so I say Utica that is where I go no good place around here. Better off going to the Post Clubs they are better...
Thats right

AOL

#22 Feb 27, 2009
stinky fishy Its it lent all the catholics will be out like flies.. WHAT a joke ;;;They think buy not eating meat they are going to Heaven ok. When they find out the will be having grilled fished. They need more than this to get to Heaven...
best fish

Syracuse, NY

#24 Feb 27, 2009
SALISBURY FIRE DEPT. FISH FRY. EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE CENTER FIRE DEPT.( 7 WKS FOR LENT) STARTS TONIGHT AT 5:00..... AWESOME FOOD--AWESOME PRICE!!! FOOD COMES FROM MAINES FOODS. I GO THERE EVERY YEAR. HUGE PIECE OF FISH.
MEAL INCLUDES FRIES, COLE SLAW, DRINK, DINNER ROLL, CHOOSE FROM FISH, FRIED CLAMS, FRIED SHRIMP, OR CHICKEN TENDERS. IM GOING TONIGHT FOR THE FIRST ONE!!!!
2549 STATE RTE 29. SALISBURY CTR. 315- fone- 429- number-5121

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#25 Feb 28, 2009
hello wrote:
<quoted text> Fat Cat's don't have pizza and wings. Its SEAFOOD. You must like the places that have low lighting so you can't see the filth. Fat Cat's is quite clean. I take it you haven't been there since you think the pizza is made at home. You should check the place out and make sure you know what the menu is before you post a comment that is incorrect.
Whoops, I wrote that a bit confusingly. I meant that Crabby's pizza is just like homemade, in a bad way. I realize Fat Cat's doesn't make pizza, I just organized the post badly. I haven't been there since it moved, but between the gravel driveway and being in the old warehouse type/factory building/whatever the hell it was, it just is visually unappealing to me to the point that I don't wish to go there. It might also be due to being so close to the slime pit that is Ponderosa.
Redhead

West Leyden, NY

#26 Feb 28, 2009
Doctor Rick Dagless M D wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops, I wrote that a bit confusingly. I meant that Crabby's pizza is just like homemade, in a bad way. I realize Fat Cat's doesn't make pizza, I just organized the post badly. I haven't been there since it moved, but between the gravel driveway and being in the old warehouse type/factory building/whatever the hell it was, it just is visually unappealing to me to the point that I don't wish to go there. It might also be due to being so close to the slime pit that is Ponderosa.
Wow, does anything in the Valley pass your strict codes? Theres nothing wrong with Ponderosa, and Fat Cats no location is extremely clean and well set up. Beats the hell out of one more empty building.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#27 Feb 28, 2009
Redhead wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, does anything in the Valley pass your strict codes? Theres nothing wrong with Ponderosa, and Fat Cats no location is extremely clean and well set up. Beats the hell out of one more empty building.
Do I come off as that bourgeois? Ponderosa was fine in the eighties, now it is just disgusting. My stomach is off after the last several times I've eaten there, every year or so I'd give it a try if others in my party wanted to , now I just don't

I like the Empire Diner quite a bit now that it is apparent that at least the servers shower and are courteous, as well as the food is good. The big three pizza shops are good, Tony's, Yetty's and especially Vinny's. I tried Slavatore's once and is was alright. When the cigarette smoke is wafting from outside into the dining area I like Donna's diner as well, but prefer the Empire. I think Applebees is the biggest shithole in town unless you only want apps/drinks or a salad. I have had mediocre food and very poor service 75% of the time when going there. I used to like Foo Chow II until i had Ho Ho's in Little Falls which I just think makes the best asian food (plus the Ngs are very nice people) in the area besides Mitsuba. I would say championing a hole in the wall like Ho Ho's would show that I don't need fancy decor to please me.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#28 Feb 28, 2009
I should point out I was referring to the previous 15 years or so in regard to the Empire Diner, the current operators classed it up quite a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our PD is out of control 35 min Adios Joe 45
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate 1 hr dna 31
Old guys and ugly women why ? 3 hr Notforme 2
I'd Never Eat At New Pizzeria - "Roma's" 5 hr Gross 69
THANK YOU for your service 5 hr Service members mom 2
herk topix moderators block the posts 5 hr suppressionOFvote... 1
Herkimer high sports 6 hr GoodJobMagicians 62
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages