i agree

Utica, NY

#83 Feb 28, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the pro merge folks just did a lousy job explaining it. Instead of calling people dumb and uneducated. The educated folks should put it in terms the uneducated can comprehend.Do not the uneducated deserve the opportunity to be informed as well as the educated you speak for? Is the tax money that comes from the uneducated valued less than the educuated?
While the responsibility to make an informed vote is yours, you were intentionally mislead. The people leading the no vote got ya. They got ya good.

(AP) Herkimer...An open forum was proposed with both sides represented. The forum idea was shot down then no's refuse to take part. Why would the no's refuse??? The no's also threatened to picket hoping to damage the political career of the organizer if any type forum were to be held, again "why"?
herkimer

United States

#84 Feb 28, 2013
i agree wrote:
<quoted text>While the responsibility to make an informed vote is yours, you were intentionally mislead. The people leading the no vote got ya. They got ya good.

(AP) Herkimer...An open forum was proposed with both sides represented. The forum idea was shot down then no's refuse to take part. Why would the no's refuse??? The no's also threatened to picket hoping to damage the political career of the organizer if any type forum were to be held, again "why"?
Maybe because the no's were your neighbors and people from all over Herkimer. It was not a higherarchy like you yes' had. Who did you want to debate with? There was no leader, just lots of people who were not happy with your 'solution'. And as others realized that there were people who had the same beliefs as themselves, they stopped being afraid of voicing their opinions in public too and thus more people publicly came out against your 'solution'. Your failure to see that is what caused you to lose. If you need to blame anyone blame yourself for not trying hard enough to 'keep people from voicing their opinions'. The no movement was very simply previously repressed people who started feeling less and less fearful of the yes bullies. That's all it was. People no longer afraid to voice their true feelings. So it wasn't about coming up with leaders or debates or solutions. It was about not liking your solution and voting yes or no to it. How is that so hard to understand.
bsbs

Utica, NY

#85 Feb 28, 2013
herkimer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because the no's were your neighbors and people from all over Herkimer. It was not a higherarchy like you yes' had. Who did you want to debate with? There was no leader, just lots of people who were not happy with your 'solution'. And as others realized that there were people who had the same beliefs as themselves, they stopped being afraid of voicing their opinions in public too and thus more people publicly came out against your 'solution'. Your failure to see that is what caused you to lose. If you need to blame anyone blame yourself for not trying hard enough to 'keep people from voicing their opinions'. The no movement was very simply previously repressed people who started feeling less and less fearful of the yes bullies. That's all it was. People no longer afraid to voice their true feelings. So it wasn't about coming up with leaders or debates or solutions. It was about not liking your solution and voting yes or no to it. How is that so hard to understand.
No village was wishing for the merger solution. How hard is that for you to understand. But when the ship is sinking and a rescue boat arrives, you don't go down with your ship because you don't like the color of the other boat. How dumb would that be? Well that isn't what happened in Herkimer, is it?

Maybe you're trying saying that the majority of the voter in Herkimer fully understood where a no vote would lead them. They fully understood the kids would receive less at a much higher cost to taxpayers and they still voted no. I don't believe that to be the case either.

I'm saying many in Herkimer were keep in the dark and given false hope? I'm telling you many of the no vote hero's marched into the budget committee meeting Tutty held after the vote and walked out with their mouth hanging open. I was there. Why was their mouth hanging open? Because all of the bullshht alternate solutions they gave their neighbors were already being done or legally couldn't be implemented.

Has anyone heard from the no contingency since the vote? Even if it was to say…Herkimer has a difficult road ahead but if we work together we can survive? We haven’t heard crap, and why? Because after meeting with Tutty they realized what they did. Again, I was in the room. Too funny. Ask one of the tards.

Oh, and the rescue boat has sailed, your feet are about to get wet. Wait until the village sees the budget.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#86 Mar 1, 2013
bsbs wrote:
<quoted text>
No village was wishing for the merger solution. How hard is that for you to understand. But when the ship is sinking and a rescue boat arrives, you don't go down with your ship because you don't like the color of the other boat. How dumb would that be? Well that isn't what happened in Herkimer, is it?
Maybe you're trying saying that the majority of the voter in Herkimer fully understood where a no vote would lead them. They fully understood the kids would receive less at a much higher cost to taxpayers and they still voted no. I don't believe that to be the case either.
I'm saying many in Herkimer were keep in the dark and given false hope? I'm telling you many of the no vote hero's marched into the budget committee meeting Tutty held after the vote and walked out with their mouth hanging open. I was there. Why was their mouth hanging open? Because all of the bullshht alternate solutions they gave their neighbors were already being done or legally couldn't be implemented.
Has anyone heard from the no contingency since the vote? Even if it was to say…Herkimer has a difficult road ahead but if we work together we can survive? We haven’t heard crap, and why? Because after meeting with Tutty they realized what they did. Again, I was in the room. Too funny. Ask one of the tards.
Oh, and the rescue boat has sailed, your feet are about to get wet. Wait until the village sees the budget.
Amen !
Look it up

New York, NY

#87 Mar 1, 2013
total lies wrote:
<quoted text>
not a chance. you got it backwards.
you have it backwards, look it up
herkimer

Holden, MA

#88 Mar 1, 2013
Hey I'm just telling you what happened. Maybe we won't be Beverly Hills High, but we're OK with that. If we wanted a big school we would live in Utica or New Hartford. We chose to buy a house in Herkimer because it's a relatively small school. If YOU want a larger richer school here's a solution: move.
bsbs

Utica, NY

#89 Mar 1, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Hey I'm just telling you what happened. Maybe we won't be Beverly Hills High, but we're OK with that. If we wanted a big school we would live in Utica or New Hartford. We chose to buy a house in Herkimer because it's a relatively small school. If YOU want a larger richer school here's a solution: move.
The valley kids aren't Utica kids and you wish your kid was going to New Hartford.

Let me get guess... You said, Hey honey lets move to a community with a small school with few educational benefits.

Or you moved here before education was seriously lacking and decided your kids need nothing more. Perfect.

Oh and Mr Ignorant, the more that move, the faster you have NO school.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#90 Mar 1, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Hey I'm just telling you what happened. Maybe we won't be Beverly Hills High, but we're OK with that. If we wanted a big school we would live in Utica or New Hartford. We chose to buy a house in Herkimer because it's a relatively small school. If YOU want a larger richer school here's a solution: move.
This never had anything to do with the size of the school. It was about affordability and poor academic performance and how we fix those 2 issues. There are small, rich schools and poor, large schools. Academic performance is not a big or small school issue either.

Unfortunately, there are financial issues because too many people have already moved. You want the small town school....cool.... now pay up. The district needs $1.3M and I am sure they take checks.
exactly

New York, NY

#91 Mar 1, 2013
DHB wrote:
<quoted text>
There are small, rich schools and poor, large schools.
Poor, large schools = Utica
Small, rich schools = ODY

The poster you replied to clearly does not have a grip on the issues pertaining to the merger. You framed it nicely for them.
Im just saying

Herkimer, NY

#92 Mar 1, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Hey I'm just telling you what happened. Maybe we won't be Beverly Hills High, but we're OK with that. If we wanted a big school we would live in Utica or New Hartford. We chose to buy a house in Herkimer because it's a relatively small school. If YOU want a larger richer school here's a solution: move.
Agree 100%!! Thank you.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#93 Mar 1, 2013
Im just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%!! Thank you.
We will all thank you when you pay the $1.3M.......
hahaha

Herkimer, NY

#94 Mar 1, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Hey I'm just telling you what happened. Maybe we won't be Beverly Hills High, but we're OK with that. If we wanted a big school we would live in Utica or New Hartford. We chose to buy a house in Herkimer because it's a relatively small school. If YOU want a larger richer school here's a solution: move.
If you chose to buy a house in Herkimer because of the school district, you are a fool. Herkimer ranks very poorly on state testing and graduation rates. You made a very bad choice so you are either a fool or a liar. Lets set your record straight. You bought a house in Herkimer because THAT is where you could afford to live. Lets not sugar coat it.

A bigger school district is not necessarily a bad thing. Then there is additional state aid that is available for larger districts that is not available to smaller districts. But then, Herkimer is consistently in the toilet for testing scores so they might get an additional handout since they are listed as "needing improvement". But that's ok because you're content with that mediocre education of the smaller district.
just saying

Agawam, MA

#95 Mar 2, 2013
Green acres....woodchucks...
Concerned

AOL

#96 Mar 2, 2013
The Ilion and Mohawk districts have made their choice and merged. The Herkimer and Frankfort districts have chosen not to involve themselves in this. In time, as state aid to the opposed schools is decreased resulting in staff reductions, less programs to students being offered and the elimination of some sports; will all the "no voters" have the solutions to solve these pending problems? Time will tell!
jason R

Utica, NY

#97 Mar 2, 2013
As I told WKTV in my interview...There has been "NO economic studies done" for what a merger is going to do the town of Herkimer.

But what we know through "independent studies done" a merger will hurt the village economically.

Regardless the merger is all a conspiracy. There is no aid money for Ilion and Mohawk. If any money does come through, the teacher's and administrator's will use it for lavish vacations. Their taxes will be going sky high. The Arms, their only source of real aid is closing this week. They will be cutting sports and academics. On top of that the bus ride to school will now take 3hrs both ways and up hill both ways.
a work of fiction

Herkimer, NY

#98 Mar 2, 2013
what I found interesting in Herkimer for this last merger vote was nearly the exact same number of yes votes were cast for both the straw vote and the binding vote after. Yet, the no votes increased by about 500 between the straw vote and the binding vote. Where did these 500 extra votes mysteriously come from? Herkimer is not that big.
what

Utica, NY

#99 Mar 3, 2013
jason R wrote:
As I told WKTV in my interview...There has been "NO economic studies done" for what a merger is going to do the town of Herkimer.
But what we know through "independent studies done" a merger will hurt the village economically.
Regardless the merger is all a conspiracy. There is no aid money for Ilion and Mohawk. If any money does come through, the teacher's and administrator's will use it for lavish vacations. Their taxes will be going sky high. The Arms, their only source of real aid is closing this week. They will be cutting sports and academics. On top of that the bus ride to school will now take 3hrs both ways and up hill both ways.
Yeah I heard that too. He said there were no studies done and two sentences later he said "though studies done", what a goof.
no voter

Little Falls, NY

#100 Mar 3, 2013
Because we didn't all come vote on the first vote. We didn't think people would be dumb enough to pass the straw vote. A huge poor school? Comeon. Really? Talk about kicking the can down the road. Then what happens in 5 to 7 years when just the cost of the doubled transportation alone catches up and then surpasses the amount of then decreasing incentive aid? What about the other rising costs? Or the so codenamed 'contractual obligations' that would have been allowed to keep increasing by using some of that incentive aid? And at that point we would be a much bigger and still poor school. The problem would be much bigger then. But that would not be the current administrators' problem so who cares. "We'll have a few years to worry about it later" They said. Meanwhile we'll live it up. NO! we have to take care of it NOW! If you only knew the socioeconomic positioning that was going on behind the scenes amongst individuals. That's why many people were floored and devastated when the vote was read. That's why you keep moaning about it and trying to point fingers. It's over loser. Move on or move away if you don't like it. Nobody will miss your girly whining anyway. Give it up. Loser.
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#102 Mar 3, 2013
Well said. Also remember that Ilion teachers were getting letters from the union stating - If the merger passes your new salary will be $******. The number in each letter was larger than the letter recipient's current salary, so the recipients could see they were getting raises without anyone actually saying it. And the smart thing is that not two letters had the same new salary written on it. So if a letter leaked out the union would know who leaked it even if he/she covered up the name & address. That's why nobody has seen these nor knows about that. With such smart professional unions the volunteer part time school boards don't have a chance. Including the main old guy in Herkimer who thinks he's so smart. Arrogant yes. Smart not as much as he thinks.
scam

Herkimer, NY

#103 Mar 3, 2013
no voter wrote:
Because we didn't all come vote on the first vote. We didn't think people would be dumb enough to pass the straw vote.
Not a chance. Sounds more like duplicate voting and people voting that probably couldn't. 500 additional votes in such a small population wreaks of fraud.

If your statement were true, then why didn't all these "extra" voters vote down the second straw vote, the one for the three district merger, when they already saw Herkimer majority passed the straw vote for the four district merger? There was already a showing during that first, four district merger that all these "no" voters could have came out against the straw vote for the three district merger, but didn't.

Fraud

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 9 min Nike 63
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr henu 6,432
Planet Fitness (Nov '08) 4 hr residentevil 17
Jocelyn and Francis 7 hr in the azz 3
Mike at Walmart 13 hr bitch 1 23
Valley health Schrader & Watson 13 hr Under the Sheets 198
Voice of the People???? Tue smh 21
•••

Freeze Watch for Herkimer County was issued at September 17 at 3:09PM EDT

•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••