Belly Up Pub opening up in the old Al...
hang on to your hat wally

North Bay, NY

#22 Jun 9, 2012
former bar owner wrote:
<quoted text>
3k a week for rent in herkimer you are not even close?....that dump is worth 1500 tops....i could run that place 6500 a month easily all expenses payroll etc....the market in herkimer is very small and the number failure of business is mis managment....but she will have to make a choice either gonna be a bar or a restaurant...isnt really a happy medium esp in herkimer!!
First of all there is a niche to fill and a way to do it in Herkimer. It could be done in that building but not the way the building is set up now and certainly not with that overhead....that's another story.

3K a month, I'm not close, BS. What do you think Joe was paying? I think it was 3.5K and if the kitchen is in operation there's 2K+ and continue adding. Trust me someone hasn't thought it out and is in way over there head.

I wouldn't pay more than 15 hundred rent either...no f-ing way but do you think the building owners get it? NOPE.
amy is a fat loser

United States

#23 Jun 9, 2012
And when all is said and done petes will be the one left standing ..this bitcchh really thinks her shit don't stink can't wait to watch her throw her money away lol
must be kidding

North Bay, NY

#24 Jun 9, 2012
amy is a fat loser wrote:
And when all is said and done petes will be the one left standing ..this bitcchh really thinks her shit don't stink can't wait to watch her throw her money away lol
Who the F goes to Pete's?
Gee Wiss

New York, NY

#25 Jun 10, 2012
Will the same Herkimer County Phonies/players who hung out when Albany Street was open return as well.
nope

United States

#26 Jun 10, 2012
Gee Wiss wrote:
Will the same Herkimer County Phonies/players who hung out when Albany Street was open return as well.
I don't think so. I believe with a name like "Belly Up Pub" she's shooting a little lower. You and your friends are good to go.
citizen

New York, NY

#27 Jun 11, 2012
Dumb name sounds low class but the crowd she is going after is probley under age drinkers and the college kids. That town has turned into a dump. Good job kate nickols
heysista

New York, NY

#28 Jun 11, 2012
How about let Amy explain the name, give her a chance, bet you'll be the first to bitch about it but the first ones there when it opens!
wow

Burnt Hills, NY

#29 Jun 11, 2012
heysista wrote:
How about let Amy explain the name, give her a chance, bet you'll be the first to bitch about it but the first ones there when it opens!
Relax. There is no explanation need for the name. She intends to use a cartoon character of a hillbilly wearing a half-shirt exposing his beer-belly as a mascot for the new tavern.

That aside she needs to get a pencil with an eraser to do some math.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#30 Jun 11, 2012
A chic running a bar? Maybe I'll buy a boutique. I could even do nails…

Be ready for an uphill battle after the first couple of months.
yikes

Springfield, MA

#31 Jun 11, 2012
JMN wrote:
A chic running a bar? Maybe I'll buy a boutique. I could even do nails…

Be ready for an uphill battle after the first couple of months.
I don't think the sex of the owner matter around here. Running a bar is a challenge regardless.
And good luck with the nails. Men usually do a better job w them :)
Idiots

New York, NY

#32 Jun 26, 2012
It's def not gonna be a hole in the wall like the rest of the dumps in Herkimer. She's had a successful business for ten years now, and many would argue that it's the best salon in the valley. It's gonna be a real nice spot to hang out and have a good time. Sex of the owner doesn't mean shit. There is not gonna be any underage drinkers there, no thugs are gonna be there, and all the scums can stay over at Pete's. And FYI, Belly Up is part of a saying that goes "Belly up to the bar". But you moron scums are not intelligent enough to know that. But it's all good, the people talking crap, don't bother going, cuz your scummy asses won't belong there anyways. To the ones on here that really want to know, it's gonna be a nice place I believe, and better than any bar in the valley without a doubt.
arent u the expert

Schodack Landing, NY

#33 Jun 26, 2012
Everybody knows where the name came from and whether it's intended to be a gimmick or not it still sounds low-class.

As far as bars and restaurants go, unless you've been there you have no idea what you're in for or talking about.
friends of the merge

United States

#34 Jun 27, 2012
vote no belly uppers and good luck amy and nice rack...
Andy

Syracuse, NY

#35 Jun 27, 2012
What this valley needs is a good place to go dancing with a live band!! Not all country but a good mix.
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#36 Jun 27, 2012
negative posters
are too poor for decent meals
go drink your Old Mil
NOT another bar

New York, NY

#37 Jul 11, 2012
I wish the best of luck to the owner on starting off a business but at the same time the last thing Herkimer needs is another bar!
sports fans

New York, NY

#38 Jul 11, 2012
we sure hope she gets rid of the old faded dim mirror in front of the bar and installs a good selection of flat screen TVs

put the games on flat screen TVs you draw the guys and that draws the girls. THAT is the formula for success

we hope amy mosher understands this, elsewise, if she doesn't have sports on in that bar, she is missing out on lots of business
really

New York, NY

#39 Jul 11, 2012
sports fans wrote:
we sure hope she gets rid of the old faded dim mirror in front of the bar and installs a good selection of flat screen TVs
put the games on flat screen TVs you draw the guys and that draws the girls. THAT is the formula for success
we hope amy mosher understands this, elsewise, if she doesn't have sports on in that bar, she is missing out on lots of business
You mean like Glory Days had????
Tax

Moravia, NY

#40 Jul 11, 2012
sports fans wrote:
Wrong you fairy. You do what you have to to draw in the GIRLS and the guys will come. Sports bars generally dont have huge numbers of women hanging out you moron.
haha

Ilion, NY

#41 Jul 12, 2012
draw the guys? the bar will be closed in months...girls will be wht draws ppl....she is gonna have to decide wht she wants a bar or restaurant...cant have both

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RCIL in Herkimer 1 hr Ktel 12
Crooked Sylvia, hold Republican Meeting 5 hr Coroner Wannabe 2
Herkimer County DA, eyeballs deep in Police tra... 8 hr AmishDaJail 10
Herkimer College 9 hr buildDAjail1980PL... 2
Herkimer Forum (Jul '10) 9 hr buildDAjail1980PL... 35
belly up reopenin 10 hr IpukeNIGHTLY 6
slum lords not landlords 10 hr mindEATERs 7
Our PD is out of control 14 hr DROPurDRAWERSiGOT... 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance