Frankfort-Schuyler Route 5 Construction Debate

Sep 14, 2012 Full story: WUTR 10

Construction and road work - it's a necessary evil - but some Route 5 residents say they're having to deal with unnecessary construction.

Full Story
R U SERIOUS

Ilion, NY

#1 Sep 22, 2012
Unnescessary construction? Are you delirius? When is the last time you rode down that rodeo of a street? Every 100 feet of so, the road was buckling! What a liptard you are for even wanting to debate this! You want to debate something worthwhile? Why don't you turn your attention to that shithole mess in rubinoville, that fckg EMBARASSMENT of a mess on both sides of the street, and then down the road some with those abandoned mobil homes? I don't know who I'm ashamed of more, the Village? Or Schuyler? Or the rubinos for not knowing any better? I'm probably wrong because I don't know who to be ashamed of. I think I'll turn my property into a shithole instead of keeping it up. Why not live under the loophole of the law. Seems to be the thing to do these days. Now, DEBATE THAT !

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Actually Schuyler has been (finally) following up on some of the codes violations and has fairly rigid codes for a rural area. Unfortunately the area you are referring to is not in the town of Schuyler, it is Herkimer thru that stretch and obviously an area they don't care much about.

And yes, I agree, the road did need repair badly and the work has been moving along quickly but some people need to bitch.
Car buyer

Holland Patent, NY

#3 Sep 26, 2012
It is looking better
Debate

Ilion, NY

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Why would there be a debate about it? Just get it done I am sick of driving my car over it..
Just saying

New York, NY

#5 Sep 28, 2012
Debate wrote:
Why would there be a debate about it? Just get it done I am sick of driving my car over it..
Have they started paving it yet? If yes, how much of the seven miles have they finished so far?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 28, 2012
Paved about three miles as of 9/27, starting from west end.
when does it end

Ilion, NY

#7 Sep 28, 2012
They were in such a hurry to tear it up and now its just sitting there.. they have had plenty of nice days to work on it.. idk y they haven't been..
Just saying

New York, NY

#8 Oct 2, 2012
3.5 miles of the 7.0 miles have been paved. They were laying down graval today for the shoulder of the road that has been paved so far. Hopefully we can get some good weather so they can finish paving the rest of it soon.
really

Ilion, NY

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Debate wrote:
I know it seems like it is taking forever!!
working

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 8, 2013
yea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Boys 2nd Hand Store On King Street Will Rip... (Sep '10) 2 hr common sence 26
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr postcranium 6,469
way to go herkimer 5 hr UNREAL 1
herkimer is a poor town 14 hr Virgil A Curtis 2
New Jail Meeting 16 hr Resident 2
Former Glory Days bar caves in 19 hr pete and re-pete 21
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 20 hr Nike 73

Herkimer Jobs

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]