Anna

Little Falls, NY

#21 Mar 19, 2011
I just want to thank everyone that understands where I am coming from. Being in the nursing field is very hard. I am not just saying The RN's LPN's or CNA's it's everything that deals with nursing is hard. I just wish there were more people out there that are willing to come in the nursing field. Every nursing home, hospitals, and the out patient care in need of more staff no matter where we all are. God bless all the residents and staff. I just hope that one day there will be no more of this. The biggest problem that I have is that is when people get fired when their is no one to replace their spot. Then it just makes all of us having to pull a lot of over time.
why

Herkimer, NY

#22 Mar 19, 2011
Anna wrote:
I just want to thank everyone that understands where I am coming from. Being in the nursing field is very hard. I am not just saying The RN's LPN's or CNA's it's everything that deals with nursing is hard. I just wish there were more people out there that are willing to come in the nursing field. Every nursing home, hospitals, and the out patient care in need of more staff no matter where we all are. God bless all the residents and staff. I just hope that one day there will be no more of this. The biggest problem that I have is that is when people get fired when their is no one to replace their spot. Then it just makes all of us having to pull a lot of over time.
With welfare and unemployment so high in New York state there should be no shortage of workers.
hmkt

San Jose, CA

#23 Mar 19, 2011
dang
Anna

Herkimer, NY

#24 May 23, 2011
I agree why.
Anna

Herkimer, NY

#25 May 23, 2011
I agree with you why.
Anna

Herkimer, NY

#26 May 23, 2011
why wrote:
<quoted text>With welfare and unemployment so high in New York state there should be no shortage of workers.
I agree.
Try it

AOL

#27 May 23, 2011
If a nurse has to stop what she is doing, in the middle of a med pass to answer a light, then are you CNA's going to care when she is out of compliance and possibly loses her license? I have a better idea. Why don't you stop your whining, and just do your job. If you can't handle the duties of your position then perhaps you are clearly in the wrong field! It is very seldom the CNA's you see staying beyond their shift, because 'paperwork' isn't completed. Yet, they are the very ones taking 15 cigarette breaks, talking on their cell phones, and pawning their work off onto others. Nurses don't have those luxuries! There are 4-5 CNA's per floor split between 30-40 patients. How many nurses? ONE! My advice to you would be to enroll yourself into a nursing program. YOU signed yourself up for your duties when you applied for the job - YOUR choice!
Michele

Constableville, NY

#28 May 30, 2011
I work as a CNA. I know first hand about the Nurses being bossy, and downright rude. There are some good ones indeed. However, in my experience, most have an attitude problem. They don't help at all with the CNA's in a pinch. Very FEW do. I love my residents and it is backbreaking work. But due to the constant greed of the Nursing homes working us short staffed as deemed "normal" that I plan on leaving for another line of work. Also, there is SO MUCH petty backbiting in the Nursing field. I kid you not. It is like wading in a bunch of pit vipers. Constant criticism, low morale and in unit backstabbing. Welcome to the Nursing home workplace.
Registered Nurse

Little Falls, NY

#29 May 30, 2011
Michele wrote:
I work as a CNA. I know first hand about the Nurses being bossy, and downright rude. There are some good ones indeed. However, in my experience, most have an attitude problem. They don't help at all with the CNA's in a pinch. Very FEW do. I love my residents and it is backbreaking work. But due to the constant greed of the Nursing homes working us short staffed as deemed "normal" that I plan on leaving for another line of work. Also, there is SO MUCH petty backbiting in the Nursing field. I kid you not. It is like wading in a bunch of pit vipers. Constant criticism, low morale and in unit backstabbing. Welcome to the Nursing home workplace.
That's because licensed nurses have more important things to worry about, like regulations. Real nurses will help out when needed. What you describe are wannabe nurses only out for a paycheck.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#30 May 30, 2011
is it true that more k y jelly is sold before nurses night out, than any other night of the year?
Dawn

Aroda, VA

#31 May 30, 2011
Registered Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because licensed nurses have more important things to worry about, like regulations. Real nurses will help out when needed. What you describe are wannabe nurses only out for a paycheck.
True nurses are licensed by the state, C.N.A's are certified by the state and have to be certified on a continual basis. Nurses are just as important as a C.N.A. Did you ever think that an C.N.A. may have saved your license because they are more hands on with the patient than nurses? They brought something to your attention that could have saved a life? Hmmmmmmm Didn't think of that did you. Nurses and C.N.A.'s work hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. So try being nice to a C.N.A. and treat them with the same respect you so much want, and the work place will be much better!!!!! Also remember that you aren't God!!!!!
Registered Nurse

Little Falls, NY

#32 May 30, 2011
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
True nurses are licensed by the state, C.N.A's are certified by the state and have to be certified on a continual basis. Nurses are just as important as a C.N.A. Did you ever think that an C.N.A. may have saved your license because they are more hands on with the patient than nurses? They brought something to your attention that could have saved a life? Hmmmmmmm Didn't think of that did you. Nurses and C.N.A.'s work hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. So try being nice to a C.N.A. and treat them with the same respect you so much want, and the work place will be much better!!!!! Also remember that you aren't God!!!!!
Nurses are also continually licensed, so what was your point?

Who do you think does the job when many CNA's don't bother to show up to work? Many a time I've done a CNA's job as an LPN because they didn't bother. When you step up and take your nursing boards, then you've got room to talk. Fact is, there are more incompetent CNA's out there than there are LICENSED nurses.
Pastor Pete

Ithaca, NY

#33 May 30, 2011
Registered Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you think does the job when many CNA's don't bother to show up to work? Many a time I've done a CNA's job as an LPN because they didn't bother. When you step up and take your nursing boards, then you've got room to talk. Fact is, there are more incompetent CNA's out there than there are LICENSED nurses.
Both jobs are lousy. CNA's break their backs for 9 bucks an hour and nurses take on responsibilities that not too long ago were handled by doctors. There are no perks of being a CNA. There a few perks of being a nurse, mostly just the oversized paycheck. Who makes out good? The doctors who dont have to wipe an ass, give a shot, start an IV or even give a medication, but still get all the credit and make a hell of a living.
Dawn

Aroda, VA

#34 May 30, 2011
Registered Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is treat each other with the respect that each deserves. When you treat a C.N.A. as your slave and give them all of the dirty work to do, can you blame them for not wanting to come to work? I used to be a C.N.A., but can no longer do the job that I loved, "LOVED" to do because I was overworked, and often had to take care of 15,20 sometimes 30 patients at a time. That included hands on patient care. Bathing, changing clothes, and even having to thoroughly clean their whole to include cleaning under fingernails, when one may have decided to play in feces. There were many times that I couldn't get anyone to help me because I was the only C.N.A. for that shift. I didn't want to become an L.P.N. or R.N. as I would have to give up the personal contact and know a patient/resident. Many a time I have stuck up for a nurse because they didn't have the time to spend with a patient, or forgot to give them a med, and had to REMIND A NURSE to give so they would be in compliance with said regulations. Granted there are incompetent C.N.A.'s out there, but also remember that there are also many incompetent nurses too. Seen it way to many times.
Get a life

Little Falls, NY

#35 May 30, 2011
Pastor Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Both jobs are lousy. CNA's break their backs for 9 bucks an hour and nurses take on responsibilities that not too long ago were handled by doctors. There are no perks of being a CNA. There a few perks of being a nurse, mostly just the oversized paycheck. Who makes out good? The doctors who dont have to wipe an ass, give a shot, start an IV or even give a medication, but still get all the credit and make a hell of a living.
oversized paycheck? You're kidding, right? As opposed to you, with no job at all. Nurses do mostly all the patient care where doctors do very little. Hell, a Nurse Practitioner is for the most part a doctor these days and don't make nearly what doctors do. Get a clue idiot.
Tough career

Little Falls, NY

#36 May 30, 2011
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is treat each other with the respect that each deserves. When you treat a C.N.A. as your slave and give them all of the dirty work to do, can you blame them for not wanting to come to work? I used to be a C.N.A., but can no longer do the job that I loved, "LOVED" to do because I was overworked, and often had to take care of 15,20 sometimes 30 patients at a time. That included hands on patient care. Bathing, changing clothes, and even having to thoroughly clean their whole to include cleaning under fingernails, when one may have decided to play in feces. There were many times that I couldn't get anyone to help me because I was the only C.N.A. for that shift. I didn't want to become an L.P.N. or R.N. as I would have to give up the personal contact and know a patient/resident. Many a time I have stuck up for a nurse because they didn't have the time to spend with a patient, or forgot to give them a med, and had to REMIND A NURSE to give so they would be in compliance with said regulations. Granted there are incompetent C.N.A.'s out there, but also remember that there are also many incompetent nurses too. Seen it way to many times.
That is what nursing is and always has been. A tiresome career with not enough credit for the work they do and the lives they save. It is not a career for the good nurses but actually a calling. It is no wonder why we see a lot of nurses burning out, because it is a tough job. There are both bad nurses and bad CNA's out there, but there are lots of good ones. Then there are bad facilities to work for that just don't really care about their staff nor patients or residents.

Believe me, any nurse worth their salt doesn't risk their licensure by making silly mistakes.
Pastor Pete

Ithaca, NY

#37 May 31, 2011
Get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
oversized paycheck? You're kidding, right? As opposed to you, with no job at all. Nurses do mostly all the patient care where doctors do very little. Hell, a Nurse Practitioner is for the most part a doctor these days and don't make nearly what doctors do. Get a clue idiot.
You missed my point. A nurses salary is one of the few perks of their job. Nurses make excellent money locally. There are only two jobs around here where you can go to school for 2 years and make 80 grand: nurse and state trooper. I hope you are nicer to your patients, idiot.
Disturbed

United States

#38 May 31, 2011
Hey Pastor. You wouldn't make it two months in Nursing School once the homework kicked in. Most nurses that I know used to be cna's so they know the job. Your paycheck depends on where you work. Don't you have some little kids to molest?
anna

Sayre, PA

#39 Aug 11, 2013
Al Bundy, no I'm not from there. Thank you to all who understood what I was saying.:-) I no longer work there, but I have moved up the ladder, I still help the cnas. I know how difficult it is. I'm now an lob, working on my rn. I'm not on here much, but I'm happy to see the support. Thank you.
AL BUNDY

Groton, NY

#40 Aug 17, 2013
hey ./.i am al bundy..and i made 80 grand a year,..go back to molesting old farts..and stealing jewelry from the dead.. at least i can go home at night not smelling of hot rub cream and enema bags..I GOT MY EDUCATION BEFORE I GOT MY JOB LOOSERS..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brennan the judge 19 min Vol 64
Herkimer Humane Society Should Be at Fault 1 hr herkimer 6
4292 STATE ROUTE 28 in HERKIMER NY 7 hr DRAGNET 4
Tony Brendisi and the Village Board 7 hr USEurHEAD 35
Valley health Schrader & Watson 9 hr detail 225
tearin up white hoes (Nov '10) Sat number 1 17
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk Fri Resident 79
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer Jobs