First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anna

Little Falls, NY

#1 Feb 27, 2011
I work at a nuring home, I understand what you all are saying. It is VERY hard. Us CNA work are tails off. We will be so busy and there will be lights going off and the NURSES will be at the desk not answering them.(Only a few NURSES will help) Now if they would answer them sometimes we would not be in such bad shape. Come on if we are in a room down the hall and the light is going off in front why can't the nurse answer it if they are there. But instead when we get up there it's go get thta light, it's been going off for the past 4 min. Then by the time we get there the person had soild their pants. Then the resident gets upset then it is the CNA fault. then it's a waring after the first one you get a write up. after 3 you go to part time then your FIRED. We do everything that we can for them. Some people just don't understand the hard work that we have to do. It is very unfair to all the floors to have to work with 4 aide or less on the floors. in the day their should be 5 aides per floor and 5 in the eve and 3 at night. This would really help then everyone would get the need that they really need. I just wish **** would care about the residents and staff and not about making money. Yes I understand they need money too. But the more help you get the more residents you get. Due to the familys seeing how good we are. So all I ask is that nursing homes get more Staff.
Liar

Little Falls, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2011
FAct is the nurses are the ones doing most of the work because CNA's don't show up for work more often than not.
Huh

Cortland, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2011
My head nearly exploded trying to read through your post and figure out what you are trying to say. Just keep wiping butts and working hard. Better than being in the unemployment line.
Anna

Little Falls, NY

#4 Mar 5, 2011
Well where I work. The nurses DONT help, they just sit at the desk. When we are very busy they still don't even help out. They would come to the room where we are and say to us arent you going to get that light. The way that I see it, is if you are going to pass the light why cant you just answer it. I love my job, but things would just be better if EVERYONE would help around the nursing home.( LPN, RN, and the other CNA's) I would just like to see more team work.
Astonishing

Little Falls, NY

#5 Mar 5, 2011
Anna wrote:
Well where I work. The nurses DONT help, they just sit at the desk. When we are very busy they still don't even help out. They would come to the room where we are and say to us arent you going to get that light. The way that I see it, is if you are going to pass the light why cant you just answer it. I love my job, but things would just be better if EVERYONE would help around the nursing home.( LPN, RN, and the other CNA's) I would just like to see more team work.
That's because the higher up in nursing you get the more administrative and paperwork you get.
Anna

Herkimer, NY

#6 Mar 11, 2011
I guess you just have to work where I work. The cnas' where I work they get dumped on doing some of the nurses work. I know of people giving enemas, treatments and even some do their paper work. What I don't get is that their are cameras. but it is like if we don't have are paper work done we get yelled at. But it is times when we can't get done cause someone was doing their work. At my job we are only supposed to care and CNA paper work. Not the other stuff. I am just glad that I am almost out of CNA I am working for my LPN then helpfully to the RN. the way I look at it is if we help them out a lot why can't they just help us sometimes its not hard. we take the time to help them why not get it back? what ever happened to lets work together?
Anna

Herkimer, NY

#7 Mar 11, 2011
For the ones who think I am nut, clueless etcetera. I have been working in this field for a very long time. One of the places I work at; the nurses really don't help I wish I could say the name of the place but, then you could see what I am talking about. They are way under staff, they are firing people before they even get coverage. It's just getting really bad there. I feel so bad for the residents that are there. But they have no where to turn, so they are stuck here. The CNA's where I work. I've seen them do all kinds of things for the nurses, I mean all KINDS! It's not right; what if something happened? I have been in this field of nursing for over 11 years I think I would have a clue.
Amber

Constableville, NY

#8 Mar 15, 2011
Anna, not picking on you. But do you really think you are going to move up and up when you can't even write or speak regular English? Seriously, if your paying attention to details as on your written posts - then God help your residents.
Al Bundy

Constableville, NY

#9 Mar 15, 2011
WAIT TILL YOUR MOM OR DAD IS IN A CRAP HOME AND YOU JUST HAVE TO SIT there AND WATCH THEIR drawers fill while the STAFF takes lunch breaks..LOCK and LOAD..one GOOD SHOT..thats all I ASK..a good clean kill.JOB OPENINGS..
Al Bundy

Constableville, NY

#10 Mar 15, 2011
anna..sunnyside????

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11 Mar 15, 2011
Amber wrote:
Anna, not picking on you. But do you really think you are going to move up and up when you can't even write or speak regular English? Seriously, if your paying attention to details as on your written posts - then God help your residents.
Just a thought, and i know this is nitpicky and your post more coherent than Anna's, if you're going to bash someone's use of the language, get your "yours" straight.
Doctor Prick Dickless E D

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Mar 16, 2011
Doctor Rick Dagless M D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought, and i know this is nitpicky and your post more coherent than Anna's, if you're going to bash someone's use of the language, get your "yours" straight.
^^^^^ Asshat knows his nurses.

Has them change his diapers every day.
Astonishing

Little Falls, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2011
Doctor Prick Dickless E D wrote:
<quoted text>
BE NICE!
amber schmamber

Ithaca, NY

#14 Mar 16, 2011
Amber wrote:
Anna's use of English isn't what's important here Amber. Her caring about the residents and the fact that she has first hand knowledge of the laziness of the some of the LPNs and RNs is the focus. Paperwork should always be 2nd to Patient care! I've even heard of one LPN who was caught sleeping on the job!
Oh, and by the way , you dear, need to learn the language yourself. There's a difference between your and you're, and YOU need to learn that difference. Stop being a nasty little beotch.
Astonishing

Little Falls, NY

#15 Mar 16, 2011
amber schmamber wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna's use of English isn't what's important here Amber. Her caring about the residents and the fact that she has first hand knowledge of the laziness of the some of the LPNs and RNs is the focus. Paperwork should always be 2nd to Patient care! I've even heard of one LPN who was caught sleeping on the job!
Oh, and by the way , you dear, need to learn the language yourself. There's a difference between your and you're, and YOU need to learn that difference. Stop being a nasty little beotch.
Clearly you do not know much about nursing, licenses and regulations then. Nowadays, EVERYTHING has to be documented. RN's typically are the ones working on that part. LPN's do a lot more patient care than CNA's do as far as actual medical related care.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#16 Mar 16, 2011
Doctor Prick Dickless E D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can wipe me like you, my dear hemorrhoid.
nurse

Ithaca, NY

#17 Mar 18, 2011
Astonishing wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not know much about nursing, licenses and regulations then. Nowadays, EVERYTHING has to be documented. RN's typically are the ones working on that part. LPN's do a lot more patient care than CNA's do as far as actual medical related care.
I think Anna is frustrated that the LPNs and RNs seem to do noting but paperwork. We all know the higher you go the more paperwork is involved. Sounds like her place of owrk is understaffed. When I was a CNA the Lpns and even the Rns pitched in, it was for the good of the patient. Paperwork can be done when the paitnets arent in need, even if the "nurse" has to stay longer to complete.
and Amber needs some basic spelling and English lessons, sure hope she isn't one of those "higher up nurses"!!!
nurse

Ithaca, NY

#18 Mar 18, 2011
owrk .... excuse my typo, supposed to be work.
nurse

Ithaca, NY

#19 Mar 18, 2011
ooops I see another one, cant let them accuse me of being a poor speller: paitnets is supposed to be patients.
Astonishing

Little Falls, NY

#20 Mar 18, 2011
nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Anna is frustrated that the LPNs and RNs seem to do noting but paperwork. We all know the higher you go the more paperwork is involved. Sounds like her place of owrk is understaffed. When I was a CNA the Lpns and even the Rns pitched in, it was for the good of the patient. Paperwork can be done when the paitnets arent in need, even if the "nurse" has to stay longer to complete.
and Amber needs some basic spelling and English lessons, sure hope she isn't one of those "higher up nurses"!!!
Times have changed. Nursing is a lot more regulated than it ever used to be. RN's nowadays are bordline administrators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! 4 hr Hahahahahahahahaha 4
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? 5 hr Hahahahahahahahaha 83
It's Been 6 Months and What has the Fatty Mayor... 16 hr Tonys Limp Unit 1
Most Vicious Woman in Herkimer Thu hahahaha 13
Mooslums=murderers Thu paky taliban 1
Pure Wed sophia 2
Basset Health Care's "urgent care" sucks (Sep '10) Wed sophia 56
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web