Benefit for three families displaced in fire; One victim speaks out

May 31, 2011 Full story: Utica Daily News 60

Jackie Maida awoke with terror in the middle of the night May 7 to her boyfriend's shrieking sister at the bottom of her staircase, the sickening smell of smoke and the heat of raging flames in her Herkimer apartment.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
free bird

AOL

#1 Jun 2, 2011
i think that it a bunch of sh?t, they have gotten all the help they need, not one of ether family gives a sh?t as long as thing are handed to them. let them all fend for them selfs
Investigation

New York, NY

#2 Jun 2, 2011
The article didn't mention anything about her boyfriend being the one that started the fire?
lol

Springfield, MA

#3 Jun 2, 2011
Investigation wrote:
The article didn't mention anything about her boyfriend being the one that started the fire?
Please explain ^^^

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 2, 2011
i thought they had a benefit for them every month; a wefare benefit, a medicaid benefit, a wic benefit, a free cell phone benefit, etc.
The boyfriend

Holden, MA

#5 Jun 3, 2011
calmn cents wrote:
i thought they had a benefit for them every month; a wefare benefit, a medicaid benefit, a wic benefit, a free cell phone benefit, etc.
. Where would one obtain a free cell phone? I would love to have one seeing mine costs me $80 a month... And you sure know a lot about the free services my tax dollars pay for you f*cking scumbag!!!
The boyfriend

Holden, MA

#6 Jun 3, 2011
Investigation wrote:
The article didn't mention anything about her boyfriend being the one that started the fire?
. Yeah because people without insurance burn their houses down all the time you idiot.
The boyfriend

Holden, MA

#7 Jun 3, 2011
I love how topix is an anonymous forum for cowards and scumbags to come and run their mouths about stuff they have no clue about and get away free and clear. If you are so positive that you are right put your real name on here you cowards! I would love to sit down and talk to you about it! Eric McDonald
Main St regular

Cortland, NY

#8 Jun 3, 2011
I don't know Eric, but I would be pretty pissed off if I lived next door knowing I just lost my home because some idiot in a differnt building has to throw out a lit cigarette and start the whole fire! My donation will be going to the innocent family, not the ones who started it.
A neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#9 Jun 3, 2011
Main St regular wrote:
I don't know Eric, but I would be pretty pissed off if I lived next door knowing I just lost my home because some idiot in a differnt building has to throw out a lit cigarette and start the whole fire! My donation will be going to the innocent family, not the ones who started it.
And what innocent family would that be? Truth be told you probably won't donate anything to anyone! Am I wrong? And as far as a cigarette causing it....why don't you check with the fire department about that...
ha ha ha

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2011
Main St regular wrote:
I don't know Eric, but I would be pretty pissed off if I lived next door knowing I just lost my home because some idiot in a differnt building has to throw out a lit cigarette and start the whole fire! My donation will be going to the innocent family, not the ones who started it.
o you mean the family who has all they stuff? the one where the husbund gets drunk and beats his wife infront of the kids?...all a matter of public record all u people are just simple minded lol ...an i bet you half yall sayin these things got a uncle who is also thier brother lmao
Main st reg

United States

#11 Jun 3, 2011
"And what innocent family would that be? Truth be told you probably won't donate anything to anyone! Am I wrong? And as far as a cigarette causing it....why don't you check with the fire department about that..."
seriously??? the fire dept are the ones who came to this conclusion you dumb f@*k!
wow

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Jun 3, 2011
I cannot believe that people on here are talking such trash. A family lost their home and could of lost themselves or their children. My god people show some respect! Eric would of gladly helped anyone out in need! He is a sincere good man. I will make sure I make a donation for the benefit, as for the rest of you......Karma!
Frank

United States

#13 Jun 4, 2011
The boyfriend wrote:
<quoted text>. Yeah because people without insurance burn their houses down all the time you idiot.
In a meth induced haze, why yes, yes they do!
Since when would someone who exists only thru the hard work of others and has no respect for themselves, let alone other peoples property, care what happens to something they didn't earn?
Jackie Maida

Enfield, CT

#14 Jun 4, 2011
As much as this infuriates myself, I remember that it is the ignorant and judgmental who makes these ridiculous accusations. If you are going to insult and make comments without foundation state your name and don't be afraid to speak your mind. And then I might take what you say into consideration. I can only speak for my family here and we have worked ourselves for all we lost in the fire. What we lost was not given to us. We worked for it and spent our own money on it. We lost everything and have to rebuild what took us years to build. It's not my fault we have loving friends and family who WANT to help us during a tragedy like this. We are just good people. I hope none of you have to lose everything you have ever owned and know that horrible feeling because it just plain sucks.
So unless you have a real name and a basis for your nonsense you are nothing.
good point

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 4, 2011
Jackie remember that most of the idiots on here are just that "idiots"! Eric is a great guy and thats why the community and his friends will rally behind him. The same holds true for you!! Keep your heads up and dont read this bullsh*t!
Nurse

Little Falls, NY

#16 Jun 4, 2011
Jackie- don't even waste your time with the non-sense these scumbags are saying! I know you are hard-working!! I am sorry you are not only trying to rebuild your life but have to read what these cowards write! I will be at the benefit for you!!!
wow

Canandaigua, NY

#17 Jun 5, 2011
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
In a meth induced haze, why yes, yes they do!
Since when would someone who exists only thru the hard work of others and has no respect for themselves, let alone other peoples property, care what happens to something they didn't earn?
you must be smokin crack ???...go to rehab buddy
local resident

Ithaca, NY

#18 Jun 5, 2011
free bird wrote:
i think that it a bunch of sh?t, they have gotten all the help they need, not one of ether family gives a sh?t as long as thing are handed to them. let them all fend for them selfs
FIRST of all "free bird": we need to thank God that no one in the three families was injured or killed: Material things are replaceable over time(some unfortunately were lost and are not replaceable): family members/people are not replaceable. Also we need to be thankful that the firemen and policemen, ambulance, etc that risked their lives were not killed or injured: so thank you so much for responding so fast and keeping the fire in control (you are a hero to many). SECOND of all "free bird": if you do not know what you are talking about-keep your mouth shut! There are many family members who care: there are alot of people out there who care who gave and helped out each family; there were many strangers that came forward and helped. It is wonderful to see such compassion and thoughtfullness people have in a time of need to help one another. THIRD AND LASTLY "free bird": maybe this needs to happen to you or a family member and see the devastation, hurt, loss, and pain the family has gone through after this fire. A fire is something no one should experience in their lives, but unfortunately happens every day. We need to be thankful when someone survives and eventually will be able to put their lives back together whether by themselves or with the help of many caring people. Also "free bird", a family lost their dog- and if you ever owned any pets,,,,,,, they are special, and that particular pet cannot be replaced: it just is not the same. Shame on you "free bird!" You need to think about what you write before you put it on paper!
jenesia McDonald

United States

#19 Jun 6, 2011
1st off my brother didn't start anything ....2nd the fact that you people..and I use the term loosely ...have nothing better to do than to sit online and talk junk bout 3 families ..7 children who lost their homes shows the lot of u are as worthless as gloves to a man with no hands ...you people aré low lifes ...
Loser

Herkimer, NY

#20 Jun 6, 2011
Probably they should not be smoking. Benefit will surely free up some of their own money so they can buy more cigarettes. they are not getting a dime from me. First, try to minimize your expenses. Quit smoking, cut the booze if you drink, don't buy name brand products, etc. Once all this is done and they still can't make ends meet because of the fire, then maybe I'll think about it. But giving any money to people that will spend it like that is not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The NEW JAIL & Freddy Wiesser Where did you go? 19 min Concerned sheepdog 5
brennan the judge 7 hr SourGrapes 78
Has anyone gone to Keith the Psychic 13 hr what the heck 6
The Judges from Herkimer County 15 hr I hear banjos 8
Judge Brennon not fit to sit bench 15 hr I hear banjos 11
Danny Bo Jive Boyle 23 hr herkimer 4
Tony Brendisi and the Village Board Tue Concerned sheepdog 41
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer Jobs

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]