Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Never again will i go to there. The service the last time i went before they changed it was awful and the place was revolting. After they closed down and what i presumed was clean up i decided to give it one more chance, and again the service was horrible our waitress
was very unattentive and only came to the table once after we got our food to drop off the check. Though the new decorations are nice the building itself still needs work and you can already see signs that its not being kept clean.
shame on Dennys

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Did you see what they did to to the men's room?

NOTHING!

It's the same stinky, stained, filthy, dimly lit dive latrine that it was before -- not a single bit of improvement or even cleaning

shocking to think such a dump gets the corporate stamp of approval to reopen
Ken

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

shame on Dennys wrote:
Did you see what they did to to the men's room?
NOTHING!
It's the same stinky, stained, filthy, dimly lit dive latrine that it was before -- not a single bit of improvement or even cleaning
shocking to think such a dump gets the corporate stamp of approval to reopen
You think they're nasty, try the restrooms at Ponderosa. They are disgusting. My ole lady says the other restroom is nasty too.
shame on Dennys

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Ken wrote:
<quoted text>You think they're nasty, try the restrooms at Ponderosa. They are disgusting. My ole lady says the other restroom is nasty too.
unfortunately I've seen the Ponderosa men's room a few times. I very rarely go to that place like maybe twice a year when I feel like chowing down on salad.

Denny's men's room is nearly as bad as Ponderosa. DISGUSTING.
Disgusting

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

The ladies room at Ponderosa is disgusting
Use to eat there

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

I haven't been in that Denny's in over three years, and I live right in Herkimer. Does anyone know if the inside of the restaurant still smells strongly of PISS the closer you get to those restrooms???? Unbelieveable, unmistakeable stench!!! That's why I stopped eating there. The girls would try to seat us near the kitchen/restroom area and we would refuse that seating and sit as far from that area as they could get us.

What, do all of the employees OUTRIGHT REFUSE to thoroughly clean those bathrooms, so they always smell like piss??? Or is there a sewer problem in or under the building?? You would think that the Manager or District Manager of that place would have taken care of the source of that stench years ago, when it first became noticeable. I wonder how many customers have complained about that issue.
Tracker

Cold Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

People complain and complain and still keep going back. The Ponderosa parking lot is packed and everyone complains. Maybe if you stop eating at either place you'll get someone's attention. You'll also stop giving your money away to another chain.
Hungry In Herk

Moravia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Use to eat there wrote:
I haven't been in that Denny's in over three years, and I live right in Herkimer. Does anyone know if the inside of the restaurant still smells strongly of PISS the closer you get to those restrooms???? Unbelieveable, unmistakeable stench!!! That's why I stopped eating there. The girls would try to seat us near the kitchen/restroom area and we would refuse that seating and sit as far from that area as they could get us.
What, do all of the employees OUTRIGHT REFUSE to thoroughly clean those bathrooms, so they always smell like piss??? Or is there a sewer problem in or under the building?? You would think that the Manager or District Manager of that place would have taken care of the source of that stench years ago, when it first became noticeable. I wonder how many customers have complained about that issue.
I must agree about that strong urine smell, near the restrooms..it is quite disgusting, and I too, refuse to sit anywhere in that area..I have been to other Denny's and have always enjoyed decent food,in a clean atmosphere...not sure what happened or is going on with our Denny's
Use to eat there

Moorestown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

So, it STILL smells like piss OUTSIDE the restroom area??!! WOW, thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll inqire again in another three years to see if the piss stench is gone yet; in the meantime I'll go to Donna's or even the Empire Diner, if I'm desperate for breakfast. Thanks.
resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

that entire men's room and i suspect the ladies room too should have been ripped out from the guts. flooring, walls, ceilings and fixtures all need to be replaced. one hot summer day we sat back near the bathrooms and it was hot inside too and as a result the stench of urine wafting out from the toilet areas was overpowering.
Fred Dead

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

I will bet that the place is owned by out of the country folks or towel heads. Dirty scums, and the place alwasy smells like pee.
Ken

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Too bad someone can't scan and email these posts to both Denny's and Ponderosa.
Use to eat there

Whitestone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps the manager should go in those restrooms with a full-size fireman's hose and spray nozzle and spray the ceilings, walls, floors, sinks and toilets down with all of that pressure, like they do to an elephant's or a gorilla's cage at a zoo! Maybe that would get rid of the stench, if every employee in the place refuses to go in them to do a thorough cleaning and disinfecting with conventional cleaning products and methods. I'm sure the Herkimer Fire Department would let Denny's borrow a pumper truck for about an hour for that purpose. I'm not kidding! Someone should call Denny's up and suggest it to them.
resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Use to eat there wrote:
Perhaps the manager should go in those restrooms with a full-size fireman's hose and spray nozzle and spray the ceilings, walls, floors, sinks and toilets down with all of that pressure, like they do to an elephant's or a gorilla's cage at a zoo! Maybe that would get rid of the stench,
Literally tons of urine dating back to the Howard Johnsons days sprayed by men some with a cetain malicious glee has been leaching through the floors and into the underlying soil for decades at Denny's.

A firehose would only scratch the surface.

The entire bathroom needs to be torn up, and a portable backhoe or men with pointy shovels brought in to excacavate the urine-soaked soil to a depth of at least five feet.

that is the only way for the foul nose-curdling stench of urine to be fully expunged from the Herkimer Dennys.
scumbags

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

the managers are all retarded and wouldnt know how to clean
REDNECK MANAGER

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

it's been six months since Dennys reopened, someone tell that redneck manager to take down that sign in front,

"GRAND RE-OPENING"
joe brown

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

ill do it wait hold my beers
old friend

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

You scumpeople if you think that is food get a job and go eat at a normal place.your all on welfare
u have no friends

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

no go fck ur mother
Empire

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

The place did not look much different and still the floor looks dirty. I refuse to go on the right side where the booths were when there was pee smell bad. not sure on the restrooms though.

All the old folks who sit in the seats piss themselves much and they wont clean it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 1 hr klown 76
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr positronium 6,355
Valley health Schrader & Watson 2 hr gogo 136
Mayors circus 3 hr herkimer 40
The Bono wedding 4 hr herkimer 2
cheating men 4 hr joe 14
but im pregnant by your man, no your man, no yo... 18 hr Natasha Champane joke 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••