Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

CARE wrote:
<quoted text>so you say no more donations for yoooou right its not like you donate to help the animals its not like you donate to help spay and nueter or take care of vaccines no not at all you all are bitchin about the people you are angry the people are unsocial per say so lets not donate sooooo. what i am sayin is in the long run no dontion no meds or help for the real purpose of this shelter THE ANIMALS so be pissed at the humans lets not help the mother dog who just delivered pups in the freezing cold cause we are pissed a people ..... so like the post up aways if your not part of the solution your part of the problem !!!!!
I agree! I'm at the shelter a lot as a volunteer, and I see them regularly give the cats Advantage. This shelter is always at capacity and has to send animals to others shelters when the numbers climb too high. They run on very little money, but still take care of animals that have been horribly abused, like the puppy that was kicked so badly that he needed $3,000 worth of surgery. Does it smell there? Yes, and that's because of the kennels and cages that are constantly in use. The only animals that are put down are either behaviorally unfit to be adopted or are beyond medical help. I cannot stand to have people post lies about this shelter that does so much to help homeless animals. Go to the website or Facebook page to see how many senior and disabled animals are available for adoption. I just adopted a cat who had been there for 3 years, so I have to wonder what grudges some people have against HCHS. Is it that booster club thing again?
Wake up

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

HCHS Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I'm at the shelter a lot as a volunteer, and I see them regularly give the cats Advantage. This shelter is always at capacity and has to send animals to others shelters when the numbers climb too high. They run on very little money, but still take care of animals that have been horribly abused, like the puppy that was kicked so badly that he needed $3,000 worth of surgery. Does it smell there? Yes, and that's because of the kennels and cages that are constantly in use. The only animals that are put down are either behaviorally unfit to be adopted or are beyond medical help. I cannot stand to have people post lies about this shelter that does so much to help homeless animals. Go to the website or Facebook page to see how many senior and disabled animals are available for adoption. I just adopted a cat who had been there for 3 years, so I have to wonder what grudges some people have against HCHS. Is it that booster club thing again?
Kennels and cages don't smell because there constantly in use! They smell because there not cleaned properly or enough!
dumb

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

instead of complaining rescue at cat you idiot
valley resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

the reason the would not help you is that your village or town does not contract with them. the county does not run this organization nor does the county pay to keep it going. it is done with donations from anyone. tell your officials to contract with them for the service and then they can help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shear Pleasures 55 min lol 2
Valley health Schrader & Watson 59 min update 128
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 2 hr Truth beyond 13
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr positronium 6,343
Disgusting Rotten Stinking Quackenbush 5 hr Lawsuit waiting to Happen 16
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
Mayors circus 9 hr beret bastards 35
cheating men 10 hr beret bastards 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search