Belly Up Pub NYE
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
confused

Syracuse, NY

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Why is nothing in the paper regarding what happened at this fine establishment on New Years Eve or any other weekend for that matter. Huge fight. Tons of cops and rescue there at 3am. And not one word in the paper. Come on now there are fights there practically every weekend. Should really stop serving to minors too Queen B! I guess you thought having that extended license til 4 am was a great idea NOT. There are enough drunk idiots at 2 let alone letting them drink 2 more hours. Not a lot of common sense going on there. What a shame you really could've had a goldmine but now you're known for the high n mighty underaged steroid drinkers that bless your bar with a negative image.
hey jerkoff

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2014
u have no clue what ur talking about, now shut ur pie hole before I shut it for u got it
herk town

Ilion, NY

#3 Jan 5, 2014
No bar can survive without serving minors.
confused

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 6, 2014
Hey Jerkoff aren't you Mr or Mrs epitamy of education. I have a suspicion you may be one of the underage drinkers? No problem have your say everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Maybe when you speak like you have an education someone will value yours. What a sad world we all have to live in. In all honesty though the fighting that occurs in this bar definitely shows the age of its occupants. Have a nice day!
Gargamel

Oriskany, NY

#5 Jan 6, 2014
confused wrote:
Hey Jerkoff aren't you Mr or Mrs epitamy of education. I have a suspicion...Maybe when you speak like you have an education someone will value yours.
Oh, the irony.
doesntmatter

Malone, NY

#6 Jan 7, 2014
confused - yes you are - got a beef with the owner take it up with her - don't like the "fine establishment?" don't go there - really? what was the purpose of this? was your friend part of the 10 guys who ganged up on 3 other guys and you didn't get ur name in the paper so you could talk shit like you know something?
confused

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2014
No actually I wasn't there nor was I even out that night. Sorry to burst your bubble. I was a big supporter of this bar when it opened but unfortunately it seems to be going downhill fast. No I don't know what actually happened just what I've heard. Why do you think I asked? I wanted to know that's why I asked. I also hear about fights happening there all the time. Don't you think that's a bad thing?
bigturd

Lake Luzerne, NY

#8 Jan 7, 2014
herkimer is a shit hole anyway
fritz

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2014
Gargamel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, the irony.
Right, lol.
herkimer

Vernon, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2014
Most people have good intentions when they first get into a business. But months later they realize it's time to pay the bills, and in a restaurant/bar cash business by that time most likely a lot of that money is already spent, so they do what they have to from that point on. I don't know if the underage thing or fight thing are true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
barfly

Malone, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2014
with rare exceptions, bars in the valley today do not allow underage drinkers. the Bellly Up certainly does not. the risk of being caught are simply too high.

most staff are trained to check ID and how to identify fakes and be on the lookout for kids sneaking in. plus, a bartender serving to a minor faces individual charges of unlawfully dealing with a child, so bartenders have a vested interest in NOT serving minors.

one clever kid got himself into a crowded bar past a bouncer by posing as a pizza delivery boy. he simply showed up carrying an empty pizza box and was waved on thru where he proceeed to get loaded with his 21+ year old posse.

i thought was that pretty funny.
Round up

Albany, NY

#12 Jan 8, 2014
I heard the three guys that were in the fight were cowards anyways!!!
On scene

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 8, 2014
The short fat Hispanic kid wanted too fight the girls, the tall goofy kid was retarded!!, and the other kid was seeing stars!!!
going to give it a try

Malone, NY

#14 Jan 9, 2014
looking for a Bar where you can bring in your own burrito and have it at the bar with a cold beer. if we buy dinner at "Burrito Jonz" does that mean we can eat it at the Belly Up Pub? we were planning to go to "Burrito Jonz" then found out they do not sell beer. that is just so wrong!! hopefully theu will get a liquor license. i know they Belly Up Pub sells fried pickles and chicken wings so mayeb they don't like it when you bring in your own Burritoes but would like to know in advance before we go walking all over HERKIMER looking for a bar where we can eat a Burrito!
The Reel Deal

Guilderland, NY

#15 Jan 28, 2014
The Belly Up Pub is actually fairly nice. Stopped in twice, good drinks. After a certain hour all the grown-ups leave - and all the young 21-25 bimbos, hoes, and dorks show up.
If you want to enjoy yourself - plan on leaving early. I'll never visit after 9. If there was a fight I can believe it.
The bimbos or hoes in their last years fad jeans with the splits in them are just posturing, and the guys and dorks dont realize they arent getting any from them.
firt amendment

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 28, 2014
I can give or get cuz ima top or btm upurs dale u fat fcuk
muckity muck

Malone, NY

#17 Jan 28, 2014
My co-workers & friends used to stop in after work for a few drinks & we loved it there. Then the music became way too loud for that time of (early) evening. We couldn't even hear each other talking at our own table! We stop in once in a while to see if anything has changed, but it hasn't. If they would keep the music down to a level where friends could socialize after work & then start turning it up after 9 pm I think a lot more of the "after work" crowd would come back, I know we would....just a thought!
Wow

Malone, NY

#18 Jan 28, 2014
I love that place great bar tenders good specials good people. Keep up the great work (Thats Bull Sh!t)
little hope

Albany, NY

#20 Jan 29, 2014
herkimer wrote:
Most people have good intentions when they first get into a business. But months later they realize it's time to pay the bills, and in a restaurant/bar cash business by that time most likely a lot of that money is already spent, so they do what they have to from that point on. I don't know if the underage thing or fight thing are true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm guessing with rent 2k, plus National Grid 1k and keep adding...Payroll and all of the wonderful expenses associated with that each week. What is the payroll pre week 2K? How about insurance, Time Warner, trash collection, don't forget employee theft, to name a few. What’s left is for owner.

Now the "dust settled" how much will a joint be grossing a week in Herkimer? If you gross 10K, after product costs and sales tax what do you have left, do you have 5k, less? I'm thinking at 10K at week you'll need to pull a G or more out of your pocket to make ends meet. I don't think an owner will be able to draw $500 a week until grossing 15K a week…ouch.
hey dope

Utica, NY

#21 Jan 29, 2014
I got something you can pull on, stay the fcuk in new lebanon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Herkimer 12 hr Freddy Nonthewieser 11
kmart closing herk. 13 hr Who cares 39
Paul Savas arrested for distributing & possessi... 15 hr DISisNOTallINkaps... 9
New Flood 20 hr IaintDEDyet HUH 82
HERKIMER COUNTY 911 SEND THEM TO JAIL ILLEGALK ... 22 hr willYOUstand OR 4
Weisser District 2 22 hr Maple Grove Resident 4
PIZZA HUT SHOULD PAY YOU plus medical bills 22 hr MYbellySWELLS anS... 1

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance