Herkimer Central School District asks for community input on superintendent search

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKTV

Herkimer Central School District began its search process this month for a permanent superintendent of schools.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
real

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

get a tough one because the a few teachers need to be repremanded. a certain teacher allowed a student to say the F-word in class repeatedly and the teacher didnt have enough sense to pull that kid out of class..and even played at the game that night. What is going on in there...isnt there any common sense anymore. What role is the principal doing...what does he stand for? Kids need disapline...please remenber the old days teachers.....quit being the kids friends and be professional!!!!!!!!!! and stay after school once and a while to help kids...not beat them out of school.
name names

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

dont believe it an kid that swears the f-bomb in my sons class there will be an issue
How About

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The kid running up and down the hall earlier this year screaming he needed to masturbate and all Briggs did was shake his head. Briggs stood there watching the whole thing happening during the Jr. High lunch. But wait we need to worry about giving these people raises?!?! We should have voted that merger through..,,What a joke!
Herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Yes give them all raises it will make them better teachers.
Nope

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

How About wrote:
The kid running up and down the hall earlier this year screaming he needed to masturbate and all Briggs did was shake his head. Briggs stood there watching the whole thing happening during the Jr. High lunch. But wait we need to worry about giving these people raises?!?! We should have voted that merger through..,,What a joke!
And if he had hauled the kid's ass into his office and handed out a punishment you know the parents of that kid would have been out for his blood. People should try raising their kids properly instead of contradicting themselves by saying the school should deal with it "butohnotmykidthey'reanan gelwhatdoyoumeantheymisbehave? !"
Unreal

Brookfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
And if he had hauled the kid's ass into his office and handed out a punishment you know the parents of that kid would have been out for his blood. People should try raising their kids properly instead of contradicting themselves by saying the school should deal with it "butohnotmykidthey'reanan gelwhatdoyoumeantheymisbehave? !"
Agree. Think what you want about teachers but kids are a hell of a lot more difficult to manage these days, what with absentee parenting & all. I've seen parents actually yell at teachers who did not allow their kid free time because they slapped another student. True story. This crap happens. In my day if I hit another kid, forget my punishment at school. It would've been worse at home. AND the punishment wouldn't have been entirely for hitting another kid, but also for disrespecting a teacher by acting up in class. This parental discipline is disappearing and on some days it lands right in the laps of our teachers, who have to then shift from education to behavior management. Just a general observation before everyone jumps all over me. I realize it's not like this in all cases, and that not all teachers deserve sympathy.
Choke

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Herkimer wrote:
Yes give them all raises it will make them better teachers.
And you don't believe they should earn it? So the children should all receive A's because they deserve it? Money WON'T make them better teachers no more than money makes an employee better at their job anywhere else.
funny funny funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Choke wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't believe they should earn it? So the children should all receive A's because they deserve it? Money WON'T make them better teachers no more than money makes an employee better at their job anywhere else.
Try teaching a horse to play fetch. That's what it's like trying to teach your kid.
Look at the kid and then look at the family, it's not rocket science to figure out why the kid is a moron.
Tutty ran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

It seems Tutty attended the budget and board meetings last week and said I've seen enough. Did you see the list of clowns in that gathering? Tutty must have talked to himself all the way home.
Wow

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Tutty ran wrote:
It seems Tutty attended the budget and board meetings last week and said I've seen enough. Did you see the list of clowns in that gathering? Tutty must have talked to himself all the way home.
Are you on the Board of Ed? You must be because you see to have all the inside answers. So which genius are you? You are the reason he is running!
Lydia

Canastota, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
That is his job. If a principal can't stand up to parents when their kid has done something wrong, they should not be a principal.
Nope

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Lydia wrote:
<quoted text>
That is his job. If a principal can't stand up to parents when their kid has done something wrong, they should not be a principal.
You must be new to Herkimer. Welcome, enjoy your stay. We have bitchy 28371892738213th generation over here and "I'm related to X and my child is an angel" over there. Primers on who's who is availible, just get back to us with your email address. I'd love to be able to chat more but So-and-So's child is throwing a party that the cops are ignoring again and it's getting hard to hear myself think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Disgusting Rotten Stinking Quackenbush 1 hr Stand on a Sheet of Paper 17
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 1 hr Hahahaha 16
Valley health Schrader & Watson 2 hr Why Would He 130
Shear Pleasures 2 hr Penelope 5
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Wake up 6,344
Mayors circus 10 hr observor 36
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 13 hr Truth beyond 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search