herkimer telegram
wow

New Hartford, NY

#1 Oct 30, 2013
This paper is ridiculous. Never prints real news. Won't even print the fact that Richard Souza, who is running for legislature, was arrested for stealing from the Town of Fairfield. Now he wants to be our legislature. This is not fair to us. People don't know because the media is covering this up. Don't vote for Souza!
shame on the Telegram

Ilion, NY

#2 Oct 30, 2013
The Telegram has been disgraceful for decades.

Never once has it stood up for the interest of citizens and taxpayers or shown any initiative whatsoever in the interest of the public.

The Telegram epitomizes the lazy cowardly R-A-G that has abdicated its fiduciary responsibilities in favor of go along get along, currying favor with those in power and attempting to sustain good will with the few advertisers who generate revenue.

Headed by "BETH BREWER," an individual singularly ill suited to be a newspapar publisher, the Herkimer Telegram is an embarassment to journalism and has willfuly disserved its reading public for ages.

We wrote the Telegram off a long time ago. It's useless and should be ashamed of itself.
really

Little Falls, NY

#3 Oct 30, 2013
its not useless we use it to line the bottom of our bird cage to catch the siht, see it is helpful RAG
fact check

Little Falls, NY

#4 Oct 30, 2013
Maybe if Dillenbeck didn't waste all of the towns money with his mismanagement they would be able to afford to buy the paper clip that Souza took.
torch it

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2013
wow wrote:
This paper is ridiculous. Never prints real news. Won't even print the fact that Richard Souza, who is running for legislature, was arrested for stealing from the Town of Fairfield. Now he wants to be our legislature. This is not fair to us. People don't know because the media is covering this up. Don't vote for Souza!
It has been owned by Gatehouse Media for a few years now. This is the same company that also owns the Utica OD and Little Falls Times. Most of the time all you see is rehashed stories from any of the three papers. Once in awhile you might actually see some local news. Its the sad state of journalism these days.

Dare I say it but Topix has more local news than our newspapers.

WKTV has even gone to shit. They report on incidents and can't even get it right whereabouts they actually happened. And proofreading their articles before they post them? Forget about it. Half the time their articles look like a 2nd grader's phonic's book.
Here Here

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 31, 2013
torch it wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been owned by Gatehouse Media for a few years now. This is the same company that also owns the Utica OD and Little Falls Times. Most of the time all you see is rehashed stories from any of the three papers. Once in awhile you might actually see some local news. Its the sad state of journalism these days.
Dare I say it but Topix has more local news than our newspapers.
WKTV has even gone to shit. They report on incidents and can't even get it right whereabouts they actually happened. And proofreading their articles before they post them? Forget about it. Half the time their articles look like a 2nd grader's phonic's book.
You're right. That is today's journalism. Sad!
Trolls Troll

Little Falls, NY

#7 Oct 31, 2013
wow wrote:
This paper is ridiculous. Never prints real news. Won't even print the fact that Richard Souza, who is running for legislature, was arrested for stealing from the Town of Fairfield. Now he wants to be our legislature. This is not fair to us. People don't know because the media is covering this up. Don't vote for Souza!
What specifically did he steal and when and how did it happen? Give us the evidence. Also, please tell us why the previous town council and clerk under Matthews supposedly had no idea hundreds of thousands of dollars were disappearing.
change

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 31, 2013
wow wrote:
This paper is ridiculous. Never prints real news. Won't even print the fact that Richard Souza, who is running for legislature, was arrested for stealing from the Town of Fairfield. Now he wants to be our legislature. This is not fair to us. People don't know because the media is covering this up. Don't vote for Souza!
Arrested? really? We think you have your facts wrong. what is missing / Gas? Oh no Bill D already stole that years ago. How about the $400,000.00 stolen under rank mathews,bill dillenbeck, mary dineen,Dennis maxwell, Richard hilts, Ed Blake, and the good Dr. No let us blame that on someone else, how about Souza yea that's who we can blame it on. and if the taxes go up this year, yep you got it blame Souza. Yep that's the ticket blame all the problems of lFairfield on Souza. In My few he was the only honest one that we have had for many years. Cut taxes and still had a surplus. But, hey don't give credit where credit is do.
No No

Clinton, NY

#9 Nov 1, 2013
Yes, post the facts. I've never heard anything bad about Souza except some didn't like him because he favored the Turbines, which in case your wondering, probably saved the Town of Fairfield financially.
wow

New Hartford, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2013
To those who didn't know about Souza's arrest, it is because the local media didn't report it. State Police charged him. I just so happen to be in the Town of Fairfield Court when I heard the case was transferred to the City of Little Falls court. Our Judge could not hear the case. Contact both courts. They will have to tell you. Contact the State Police. I had nothing against Souza until I found this out. We don't need a thief in our legislature. Politics are bad enough
outsider

Ocala, FL

#11 Nov 4, 2013
wow wrote:
To those who didn't know about Souza's arrest, it is because the local media didn't report it. State Police charged him. I just so happen to be in the Town of Fairfield Court when I heard the case was transferred to the City of Little Falls court. Our Judge could not hear the case. Contact both courts. They will have to tell you. Contact the State Police. I had nothing against Souza until I found this out. We don't need a thief in our legislature. Politics are bad enough
you dont need aa thief in our legislature thats funny stuff...the legislature has a house of thieves already c'mon are you that naive?
Crap

Clinton, NY

#12 Nov 5, 2013
If Souza got arrested for stealing from the town, it would go through County Court, not local court. So your story doesn't hold water. Sorry!
jerkoff

Herkimer, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2013
Crap wrote:
If Souza got arrested for stealing from the town, it would go through County Court, not local court. So your story doesn't hold water. Sorry!
0

Wrong dipshit. If it involved a FELONY then it would be handled in County Court, otherwise misdemeanors are handled at the local level as they always have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shae nd jill 41 min icare 11
beacon center (Nov '12) 51 min iknowit 152
Jamo's Restaurant & Bar grand opening! 5 hr Promiscuous Phony 118
News Does Excessive Littering Hurt Rome's Honor Amer... 7 hr Roman 4
Valasek-Zaleski (Jan '14) 10 hr shavednut 58
109 west german st Tue Funny 2
George Aney (Jan '10) Tue Clair Vanderpool 127
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages