saw it happen

West Leyden, NY

#1 Dec 7, 2009
was at rides nightclub tonite for the marcy playground show, which I might add was great. At the end of the night there was a public display of conflict with the owner and the band about them getting paid. It seems that after collecting all the money from the customers at the door and from ticket sales, the greek "owner" refused to pay the band, who called the police for assistance. After all was said and done, being a civil matter the police can't do anything about it, the greedy greek kept the money and refused to pay, sending them on their way with no compensation for their performance. What a shithead for being such a spineless dick and crying about poor attendance, therefore not paying the band. Sounds just like the shit the previous manager wally used to pull with the bands, just so he could line his pockets. Shame on the money hungry greek for coming to this country and screwing the homegrown hardworking people, not to mention the customers who wanted to kick his sorry fat greek ass. What a shame for a club that was coming back to life, being screwed up and ultimetely shut down by a totally pious immigrant who had no business being involved in the first place. Nothing but facts in this post, many people saw and know what happened, so all you who have an opinion that weren't there, save your posting of stupid pointless comments.

Since: Aug 09

Herkimer, NY

#2 Dec 7, 2009
i wasn't there, but i could totally imagine that happening there.
iusedtohaveaname

Syracuse, NY

#3 Dec 7, 2009
<message for the owner> Thanks for ruining the chances of Marcy Playground ever coming back to the area dickhead. Fu**in Prick! <message for the owner/>
lwd

Syracuse, NY

#4 Dec 7, 2009
im sure there was a contract the band can sue him.....umm and what did u expect on a sunday night???? A huge turnout with ppl having to work the next day

Not only has he now screwed up marcy playground not coming back no national act will not come there without getting paid in full.....these managers booking agencies and bandS all share this kind of information....What a scumbag i would of beat the crap out of him......WAY TO GO RIDES U WONDER WHY NO ONE GOES THERE.......LONG LIVE BROWNIE!!!
lwd

Syracuse, NY

#5 Dec 7, 2009
part of this is also the bands fault the normal contract for any national act is 50% deposit up front.....And the balance due upon arrival at the club...either way scumbag move by the owner

il also make sure the word is paased around in the industry this kind of crap hurts the whole area and live music scene
a big joke

United States

#6 Dec 9, 2009
saw it happen wrote:
was at rides nightclub tonite for the marcy playground show, which I might add was great. At the end of the night there was a public display of conflict with the owner and the band about them getting paid. It seems that after collecting all the money from the customers at the door and from ticket sales, the greek "owner" refused to pay the band, who called the police for assistance. After all was said and done, being a civil matter the police can't do anything about it, the greedy greek kept the money and refused to pay, sending them on their way with no compensation for their performance. What a shithead for being such a spineless dick and crying about poor attendance, therefore not paying the band. Sounds just like the shit the previous manager wally used to pull with the bands, just so he could line his pockets. Shame on the money hungry greek for coming to this country and screwing the homegrown hardworking people, not to mention the customers who wanted to kick his sorry fat greek ass. What a shame for a club that was coming back to life, being screwed up and ultimetely shut down by a totally pious immigrant who had no business being involved in the first place. Nothing but facts in this post, many people saw and know what happened, so all you who have an opinion that weren't there, save your posting of stupid pointless comments.
the whole place was a big joke. high prices and attitude. the band was great. the show at the end of the night was pathetic... bunch of low class scum bags...
get it straight

West Leyden, NY

#7 Dec 10, 2009
The high prices, attitude, and scumbag title belongs to Gus, who is just a greedy dickhead slumlord. I agree it is pathetic to have such a public display of anger, but everyone involved were more than justified in wanting to beat his ass. Remember, it was Gus who took the money and refused to pay a national act with a contract, because he is greedy, even though he had the money.
little shaver

West Leyden, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2009
looks like RIDES is completely shut now. all signs gone from the windows. gus must have said, i'm shutting this bastard after MARCY PLAYGROUND why should i bother to pay those phuquers?

what a tragic loss to downtown herkimer and the mohawk valley.
usa

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2009
little shaver wrote:
looks like RIDES is completely shut now. all signs gone from the windows. gus must have said, i'm shutting this bastard after MARCY PLAYGROUND why should i bother to pay those phuquers?
what a tragic loss to downtown herkimer and the mohawk valley.
send him back to greece
lwd

Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 10, 2009
well who is the idiot that booked two natinal acts...on a thursday and sunday IN THE SAME WEEK???

seeting yourself up to lose money....who ever gus had in charge is just of much of a idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) 2 hr Amy 326
MAB air solutions LLC 2 hr Joe 12
Carpenter Signs. " It's a matter of public safe... 5 hr Tipsy Tiger 30
DA Race 5 hr Wide Awake 11
Daley signs 5 hr John Whine 50
News Herkimer College Ranked Second Best Community C... Mon yo yo wussup 7
Oak Hill, Frankfort, NY Mon Yup 9

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance