kosma

Utica, NY

#82 Jun 10, 2014
Socrates wrote:
Those who can, do. Those who cant, teach. Those who cant teach, teach gym.
now thats a funny one.. part time gal
just the facts

Utica, NY

#83 Jun 10, 2014
fat head wrote:
CArney to new Harford, tamaso back to elem and Stan our new principal.. Now he will get things in order. don't like it leave and take your slacker scum kids with ya
And what will he do - find the money tree? Win the lotto and gift his winnings to the school system? I don't know the guy but even the best administrator can't make funding magically appear. Please tell me you understand what it means to have a fund balance that is nearly gone. The school as it exists today can no longer be sustained and maybe that's not an entirely bad thing in the long run - who knows? It is pretty simple math, though, and nothing more. If we're going to read topix posts, fine, but we need to consider factual information too. This financial data is all publicly available.

Your "take your slacker scum kids" talk is super-tough and cool though. Thumbs up for that.
school wit him

Syracuse, NY

#84 Jun 10, 2014
Not STANLEY....WHAT A TOOL...
Really

Little Falls, NY

#85 Jun 10, 2014
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
And what will he do - find the money tree? Win the lotto and gift his winnings to the school system? I don't know the guy but even the best administrator can't make funding magically appear. Please tell me you understand what it means to have a fund balance that is nearly gone. The school as it exists today can no longer be sustained and maybe that's not an entirely bad thing in the long run - who knows? It is pretty simple math, though, and nothing more. If we're going to read topix posts, fine, but we need to consider factual information too. This financial data is all publicly available.
Your "take your slacker scum kids" talk is super-tough and cool though. Thumbs up for that.
It's always been simple math. No one thinks or cares about money until it becomes finite.
true

Herkimer, NY

#86 Jun 11, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text> It's always been simple math. No one thinks or cares about money until it becomes finite.
Very true.
part time gym teacher

Utica, NY

#87 Jun 11, 2014
get rid of zaleski and save taxpayers 69k
Wow

Ilion, NY

#89 Jun 16, 2014
truth is wrote:
Stan is well liked and respected as an administrator. There are a jealous few who's kids get disciplined and they don't like it tuff. Do a better job at home than then, keep up the good work Mr. Congden
At least he takes action instead of turning his head every time. May not take action every time cuz of the " good ol boys crowd" but he is 100x's better than the crap that was in there!
part time gal Koz

Little Falls, NY

#90 Jun 16, 2014
so true post#89.. stan does his job and the flunky kids parents don't like it. tuff
Scum kids

Harpursville, NY

#91 Sep 11, 2014
Wow, I'm really reading adults calling kids names. This floors me! Not to mention I'm pretty sure a few here are most likely teachers. Please explain to me how you can actually call a child (anyone under 18) a scum? Who are you to decide what a scum is? My child does get into trouble, he is disciplined for it, he doesn't always learn the first time BUT he is far from a scum! If anything I place part of the blame on school officials!!! Yes, I'm a parent and no I'm not perfect either and I fully take responsibility for that but I NEVER stop trying or give up on him. Unlike school officials who talk a good talk until it's time for action! Lucky me here comes another year of mass stupidity and lack of. Concern for children that aren't jocks! What a waste of what used to be a good school. Thankfully my kids have options unlike so many others in this village that have no choice but to art here. Call me a bad parent, doesn't bother me one bit because I know better and so do a lot of other highly educated people!!
agree

Herkimer, NY

#92 Sep 14, 2014
Scum kids wrote:
Wow, I'm really reading adults calling kids names. This floors me! Not to mention I'm pretty sure a few here are most likely teachers. Please explain to me how you can actually call a child (anyone under 18) a scum? Who are you to decide what a scum is? My child does get into trouble, he is disciplined for it, he doesn't always learn the first time BUT he is far from a scum! If anything I place part of the blame on school officials!!! Yes, I'm a parent and no I'm not perfect either and I fully take responsibility for that but I NEVER stop trying or give up on him. Unlike school officials who talk a good talk until it's time for action! Lucky me here comes another year of mass stupidity and lack of. Concern for children that aren't jocks! What a waste of what used to be a good school. Thankfully my kids have options unlike so many others in this village that have no choice but to art here. Call me a bad parent, doesn't bother me one bit because I know better and so do a lot of other highly educated people!!
You are not a bad parent. You are one of the many who are fed up. I can't believe what our school has become. It's sad & I hope it bounces back somehow but no one seems brave enough to start cracking the whip & having real consequences for bad behavior. All we read about is financial discipline which should be getting easier, I'd think, since there's barely any money left to manage.
wow

Malone, NY

#93 Sep 14, 2014
herkimer is a joke.this is a problem when your teachers are from our own community. i also notice herkimer police are targeting the college students instead of cleaning up that urban disaster they call main st
herkres

Herkimer, NY

#94 Sep 14, 2014
wow wrote:
herkimer is a joke.this is a problem when your teachers are from our own community. i also notice herkimer police are targeting the college students instead of cleaning up that urban disaster they call main st
You are right. It's amazing to me how the cops are everywhere now. For the most part, and I know there are exceptions before people jump all over me for saying this, I have been finding the college students to be ok. What I was really disgusted in is what I saw over the summer on Main St. and on the south side - people screaming out obscenities, drug deals, shirtless drunk men, pregnant ladies smoking up a storm. It's disgusting. I think the college is just an excuse to not have to deal with the real problems that happen all year long, even when those kids aren't here. By the way, part of the problem lies in the inability of the school system to control some of those students as well. For example, how many junior high-aged kids do we have to see come to school high before someone does something? I've heard teachers talk about it. It's no secret.
wow

Malone, NY

#95 Sep 15, 2014
just go up the hill and watch them pull over student after student while the infrastructure of the village decays around them.it really isn't funny anymore.
Terrible

Little Falls, NY

#96 Sep 15, 2014
wow wrote:
just go up the hill and watch them pull over student after student while the infrastructure of the village decays around them.it really isn't funny anymore.
There is a simple solution to this problem. Stop speeding!!!!!!!!!
fat fireman living large

Utica, NY

#97 Sep 15, 2014
For example, how many junior high-aged kids do we have to see come to school high before someone does something? I've heard teachers talk about it. It's no secret.

explain please...
kids

Utica, NY

#98 Sep 15, 2014
Not much else to say. Some teachers talk. They talk about kids who come to school, barely coherent, eyes bloodshot and pupils dilated. Don't have to be a genius to spot when someone is high. My question is if they're thinking it, then why can nothing be done about it? It's nearly impossible to save every kid but if you see it, can't it be addressed? Who knows. Probably some stupid state or federal student "privacy" issue.
pizza

Malone, NY

#99 Sep 15, 2014
terrible , point being , there are serious issues in our village that are more important than trying to raise monies at the expense of students who have little income. officer
big head

Syracuse, NY

#100 Sep 16, 2014
FOR real wrote:
nope not going anywhere, here to stay THANK GOD. good man good administrator.. cares about the kids
Yeah right, first assistant principal I know that is not asked to do observations, hmmmm......I wonder why??
bengazi

Utica, NY

#101 Sep 16, 2014
ur thinking with the wrong head big head, see Stan outside every morning watching and guiding our kids. also he does evaluations on teachers you just dont know because ur thing with ur wrong head, u dipstick
stan sucks

Frankfort, NY

#102 May 29, 2015
stans a retarded f*ck hands down

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sylvia Rowen 55 min Haters 2
Nothing will change till ya get rid of good old... 5 hr Enough already 2
Why hasn't Carpenter charged former Police chie... 8 hr Karl Malone 11
Herkimer County DA, eyeballs deep in Police tra... 8 hr Go Jeff 24
Carpenter, over 400 unprosecuted DWI's...... 8 hr MADD 23
Shear Pleasures (Feb '15) 8 hr LFaller 45
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate 19 hr ImaDrunk 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages