still sad

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Hey why don't I post when all of the teachers, admins. & board members are in the same room without cell phones. Then we can play "Stump Part Time", or will you still claim to know it all? Or wait-then you'll spend time which spouse or child I am, of an educator of course. Still no substance. Still nothing but simple accusatory crap. Even worse, still no concern for children. Here's a thought - why don't you call and ask what the plans are to retain good students? Why don't you see if there is anything that can be done for the sake of our kids & community? Make the connection between improvement in our schools and improvement in our community. Even if there are no answers, maybe our kids would like to see more adults asking questions rather than feeling like it's their fight alone, with maybe a few parents who care? In the meantime, though, the floor is all yours & you can have this ridiculous post back. Have a blast. Lesson learned for me. You can't reason with the unreasonable.
Part Time

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

still sad wrote:
Hey why don't I post when all of the teachers, admins. & board members are in the same room without cell phones. Then we can play "Stump Part Time", or will you still claim to know it all? Or wait-then you'll spend time which spouse or child I am, of an educator of course. Still no substance. Still nothing but simple accusatory crap. Even worse, still no concern for children. Here's a thought - why don't you call and ask what the plans are to retain good students? Why don't you see if there is anything that can be done for the sake of our kids & community? Make the connection between improvement in our schools and improvement in our community. Even if there are no answers, maybe our kids would like to see more adults asking questions rather than feeling like it's their fight alone, with maybe a few parents who care? In the meantime, though, the floor is all yours & you can have this ridiculous post back. Have a blast. Lesson learned for me. You can't reason with the unreasonable.
you'd have a better chance at winning lotto .

Since: Sep 13

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

agree here wrote:
<quoted text>that paper does guarantee one thing that these babysitters get july/aug off. with healthcare and retirement
If it such a worthless piece of paper and life as a teacher is so easy, get off your lazy arse and go get the paper and a teaching job yourself. The arrogance is you knocking someone else for doing what you don't have the competence or work ethic to accomplish yourself.
Worker

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Those who can do. Those who can't teach.
Marty

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

sad wrote:
Have no idea who's responsible for the demise of HHS and at this point it makes no difference. It's all too far gone, and it's certainly not fair to hang one or two people. This is all many years in the making. And parents who don't give a $hit about teaching their kids the value of an education own part of it too, not just school admins. Parents used to unite in droves to help make our schools stronger. Now there are a few, and they are left to prop up the dirtbags who don't really give a damn. Those who think school is daycare. Herkimer Schools are now representative of our community, and we all know how that has deteriorated. Simply walk around & take a look. Parents who are smart enough to see the writing on the wall are pulling their kids to schools where they might at least have a shot of getting a challenging education for their kids. And they're willing to pay for it, most of them, that's how bad it's gotten. The good news is the payroll expense reduction initiatives will fare well...there won't be any kids left to teach before long. Not nice, respectful kids that teachers want to be around, anyway.
Very soon you will see kids leaving in masses. Several kids already enrolling at Notre Dame next year and some of them teachers kids! Principal Carney now leaving for New Hartford (one of the best districts in the state) and without a doubt will be bring her own kids there. The downfall of Herkimer schools isn't beginning, it's been ongoing and only getting worse. But enjoy that new ballfield and courts!
Ole timer

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Worker- To make grammatical sense, your post should read; "Those
who can, do. Those who can't, teach." P.S. Those who don't do well
in school bitch about the teachers.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

yes ole timer its always the parents who's kid is in trouble ,cant read properly or skipping classes or under the influence or cant walk an chew gum at the same time. try being a parent instead of running around town
Part Time

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Ole timer wrote:
Worker- To make grammatical sense, your post should read; "Those
who can, do. Those who can't, teach." P.S. Those who don't do well
in school bitch about the teachers.
Mygrammar may not be good. My spelling may not be great but, I vote. So perhaps the rest of you can follow Mrs Carney to New Hartford. The few kids to Notre Dame. That way we can deal with the teachers and students who are left and want to be at HHS. The staff who are leaving or have left just proves who the payday people are.
Part Time

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

PS Please let me know what I can do for extra credit.
Watching

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Maybe it's the disgruntled, spoiled , union educators who do the most bitching. You've finally hit the ceiling and the money stopped flowing. So stop whining and deal with the belt tightening. Bunch of Whitney brats.
z u pos

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

and stay off the phones in gym classes teach, you got kids complaining. I wont mention any names coach of the year
part time hack

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Part Time wrote:
<quoted text> Mygrammar may not be good. My spelling may not be great but, I vote. So perhaps the rest of you can follow Mrs Carney to New Hartford. The few kids to Notre Dame. That way we can deal with the teachers and students who are left and want to be at HHS. The staff who are leaving or have left just proves who the payday people are.
No. What you will be left with are kids who drag those state test scores (and overall performance, college preparedness, etc.) down even further. Many of the kids who are left don't want to be at HHS for academic reasons. There are slew of kids right now running around saying that they, along with their parents, are happy all these kids are leaving because now getting Bs and Cs will be considered smart. Anyone who is happy with that needs to just stay out of the academic conversation, period.
Watching

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

part time hack wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What you will be left with are kids who drag those state test scores (and overall performance, college preparedness, etc.) down even further. Many of the kids who are left don't want to be at HHS for academic reasons. There are slew of kids right now running around saying that they, along with their parents, are happy all these kids are leaving because now getting Bs and Cs will be considered smart. Anyone who is happy with that needs to just stay out of the academic conversation, period.
I'm sorry. Was that a question? I see your fonts but all I'm reading is blah blah blah blah. What's your solution genius? Merge? Haven't we been down this road ?
Part time hack

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2014

Judged:

Watching wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry. Was that a question? I see your fonts but all I'm reading is blah blah blah blah. What's your solution genius? Merge? Haven't we been down this road ?
Watching wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry. Was that a question? I see your fonts but all I'm reading is blah blah blah blah. What's your solution genius? Merge? Haven't we been down this road ?
Only because that is the extent of your reading capability, my friendly product of mediocre unmerged school. Dimwit, the solution is for the state to come in and do what citizens could not accomplish. The school system
is broke.
fat head

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

CArney to new Harford, tamaso back to elem and Stan our new principal.. Now he will get things in order. don't like it leave and take your slacker scum kids with ya
holy crap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

o="fat head"]CArney to new Harford, tamaso back to elem and Stan our new principal.. Now he will get things in order. don't like it leave and take your slacker scum kids with ya
Stan in charge! now that's a joke..he would seriously pee his overpriced panties !
stoners on bridge

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

fat head wrote:
CArney to new Harford, tamaso back to elem and Stan our new principal.. Now he will get things in order. don't like it leave and take your slacker scum kids with ya
We can only hope he takes control and brings the hammer. He is good. stoners on bridge beware
Proverb

Camden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Worker wrote:
Those who can do. Those who can't teach.
Those who can do can do so because someone taught them.
Socrates

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Judged:

Those who can, do. Those who cant, teach. Those who cant teach, teach gym.
okay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

stoners on bridge wrote:
<quoted text>We can only hope he takes control and brings the hammer. He is good. stoners on bridge beware
yeah..because Stan will be joining your group soon
yeah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 2 hr Puma 36
Valley health Schrader & Watson 5 hr whats up 176
Herkimer Ponderosa for sale Days are numbered 7 hr just wondering 7
Vince Bono is a JACKASS (Mar '13) 7 hr just wondering 56
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 22 hr busy mom 84
Shear Pleasures Tue EverNotice 11
Debate: Ferguson - Herkimer, NY Tue Tawana Brawley 4

Search the Herkimer Forum:
•••
•••