not sure

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Is it true that Amy Lynn's Women's Fashion Store is closing?? If this is true..what is going on..all these small business's are going out?? What a shame the local area people do not support their small area business's!!!!!!
YUP

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

She closed last week. It's a huge loss for the people who shop at WalMart. I'll miss it.
Well

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

This area has been going downhill at a rapid pace, and the economy is certainly not helping. When people only look at price, and don't care about service or quality, they tend to shop at Walmart or other "big box" stores. If that continues to happen, there won't be any small businesses left in this town. It's getting tougher and tougher in general, but this area is really going downhill.
YUP

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Whoa !! I meant to type - It's a huge loss for the people who DON'T shop at WalMart.
linda

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Why did she close, I loved that shop.
LITTLE MAN

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Sure was a very nice Lady who ran the place, very sad no matter what happened. Wish her all the luck in the world.
Tom

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Heard a chain store is going in there.
Tom

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

linda wrote:
Why did she close, I loved that shop.
she went out cause your cheap as who only shopped when she had 70% off. How'd you expect her to make money with that ?
support

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Well..pretty soon all small business's will be closing if the community doesn't support them..the only place to shop in Herkimer will be walmart and maybe k-mart?? sad that the local people don't support our small shop!!!
Amy Lynns Shop

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

I am so sad that Amy Lynn's has closed. It was my very favorite store. Also, Amy Lynn and her mother were the best ever! Does anyone know what Amy Lynn's last name is or how I could contact her?? I received a $100 gift certificate for Christmas and since I do not live in Herkimer, I did not realize that she closed until today. I am using Herkimer topix as my only means of search for her.
omg

Portland, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

What are you going to do. Call her and ask her for the $100? It's people like that who are the ones that shop only when stores price things at or below cost out of desperation and end up not making enough money for the store to survive for the long haul. You can't compete with big box stores. But you can be innovative and have products and the service that big box stores can't provide. Most of all you have to leave the profits in the store to keep it open and can't use it to try to live beyond your means.
Joe Schmo

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

You need to have items that only that store deals in and not to compete with Herbs or the box store discount shops. Not ever person wants cheap crap that those box places sell.

I can see going to those stores for your everyday stuff, but if you want specialty, then the mom and pop shops are where to go.

Amy sold to the old folks and persons wanting that specific item, but when you constantly have 70% off signs in the window, you then now become another discount shop. When you do then have regular priced items then it just sits until the sale goes on.

If she did it right, then she would do the 70% off items at a high markup to get some sort of profit, but you can't survive giving 50-70% off all the time unless you markup from cost quit high, which she had to do to make any money.

When you are able to easily price compare, then you know what the fair market value is and you have then an idea on retail price. If you can't price compare easily, then you should be able to get a good markup to survive or deal with manufactures that require dealers to sell items at a set price regardless, where ever you shop. Dealers for specific goods who get caught underselling what is allowed usually get their dealership for the goods stopped.

Discounting high end goods and quality goods brings down the overall quality of the product and manufactures want their quality left as fine quality and not discount as most of the box stores carry.

Box stores grab the majority customers and specialty will grad their specific market customers and that's how they will always survive.
Tuff Luck

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Amy Lynns Shop wrote:
I am so sad that Amy Lynn's has closed. It was my very favorite store. Also, Amy Lynn and her mother were the best ever! Does anyone know what Amy Lynn's last name is or how I could contact her?? I received a $100 gift certificate for Christmas and since I do not live in Herkimer, I did not realize that she closed until today. I am using Herkimer topix as my only means of search for her.
Leave her alone...it will be your loss as you cannot claim anything from her as she is done.

Anyone who had a cert is tuff out of luck at this point so suck it up. I am sure you were one of the ones who only shopped her during the 70% off deals too huh? People did not support her and good for her to get out the rat race of pleasing consumers.
Tuff Luck

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

omg wrote:
What are you going to do. Call her and ask her for the $100? It's people like that who are the ones that shop only when stores price things at or below cost out of desperation and end up not making enough money for the store to survive for the long haul. You can't compete with big box stores. But you can be innovative and have products and the service that big box stores can't provide. Most of all you have to leave the profits in the store to keep it open and can't use it to try to live beyond your means.
maybe whoever takes over her spot will honor that gift cert...lol
Amuzzed

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

nope she took the cash for the c and can now be sued in small claims for it.
Amy Lynns Shop

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I shopped at Amy Lynn's atleast every season, regardless of the sale. I had no idea that she was going out of business and would have purchased rather than asked for my money back. I reached out to the people on topix to tell me how I could get the $100 that she took in good faith. What is wrong with that? I didn't expect to be criticized for asking a question.
Big Daddy

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Amy Lynns Shop wrote:
eat it sister
Big Daddy

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Sorry, here I go again being rude. I really need to get a job and get off of welfare.
duh

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

what the hell is amy lynns?
Big Daddy

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

get a clue, loserr.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Walmart security Herkimer 15 min Peetee 7
Pot Hole Alerts 20 min no clue 35
teachers 27 min jerkimer 100
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr MacDaddyobama 6,285
who do you support in Herkimer elections 4 hr amen 6
nabby (May '10) 5 hr anon 7
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 6 hr YUP 16,736
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search