Idiot

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Watch what you are getting yourself involved in Herkimer. Read the whole suit not just what the media is releasing.
Stop the Nonsense

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Edwards, Mr. Monohan and Ms. Osborne, you do not speak for the majority of the people. What right do you have to say that you do. What gives you the right stop our right to vote.

The ANTI-MERGER folks have way over-stepped their bounds and this will just piss people off and make them more determined to see this merger come to being. I really hope people come together against these people and file suit against them personally.

Maybe if the wrong presidential canidate wins you can file a petition that process.
Right on

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

The anti merger folks over stepped their bounds because 3 supers and a business manager were doing things they shouldn't have related to the merger? Oh OK that is logical. Sounds like pro merger logic. Wake up who wants to be part of this shadiness????
Nope

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Bull$hit! The good 'ol boy network is getting their proverbial pants dropped. Good. At least some people choose to take their balls out of their pockets and use them!
name

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

If this passes who is going to stop tangorra getting his raise?
Right on

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

name wrote:
If this passes who is going to stop tangorra getting his raise?
Exactly why this can't pass. He needs to follow education laws!
molly smolly

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

eat it molly u smuck, vote No
Vote

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Do you realize that based on the laws, Tangorra keeps his current contract even in the newly formed district. If the new BOE does not want him as the new Super, they can fire him and he still collects the remainder of his current contract without working, or they make him the new Super, or keep him in the new district with a different title (Asst Super?) at his current salary. Either way he makes out good and probably even better in a merged district.
My question is, if there is a merger, would the new BOE have the balls to interview qualified candidates that have managed large districts and have experience, or even higher learning such as a PhD??
follow the law

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

The law is the law. If anyone thinks they are above the law they will get what's coming to them. Tangorra, Long, and some of their friends learned that today. Don't blame the brave people taking them on. Blame the ones who thought they were above the law.
follow the law

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

I'm surprised the school allows the school's lawyers to defend these clowns for their own personal greedy actions at taxpayer's expense. Maybe it warrants another lawsuit for that. They are so narcissistic they can't even see how stupid they are. Dig an even deeper hole. I feel bad for their families when they won't see their loved one for a few years once this is over.
Voting no

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

I wonder if the friends of the three school merger are also members of this CAC Advisory board or members of the local school boards or school officials because these afore mentioned people should be and always have been neutral to all of this process.
Disgusted

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Vote wrote:
Do you realize that based on the laws, Tangorra keeps his current contract even in the newly formed district. If the new BOE does not want him as the new Super, they can fire him and he still collects the remainder of his current contract without working, or they make him the new Super, or keep him in the new district with a different title (Asst Super?) at his current salary. Either way he makes out good and probably even better in a merged district.
My question is, if there is a merger, would the new BOE have the balls to interview qualified candidates that have managed large districts and have experience, or even higher learning such as a PhD??
You people really need to get your facts right! And just because someone has a PhD, that does not make them a better person or candidate for Superintendent. Wake up, read, and get your facts straight before commenting!
Truth

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You people really need to get your facts right! And just because someone has a PhD, that does not make them a better person or candidate for Superintendent. Wake up, read, and get your facts straight before commenting!
You must be affiliated with a Tangorra or Stalteri. Stalteria found out he isn't liked last year in one particular election. Now it's Tangorra's turn.
Please Post

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Can one of you here citing law, please post the section that your speak of? If there actually is one. Lets see if any of you come up with something!

Clerk

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Go get a copy of the suit Einstein. I am sure all the cases and laws are referenced right in there.
vote no

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

its funny how the papers and the media give the pro mergers much more time to say there piece.. noone is trying to take anyones right to vote away and legally cannot, the people want a fair vote, not a bias one, cosmo sent out newsletters using OUR money to say that the merger has to go thru there is no other way, he cannot and should not do that, he is being one sided bc he will financially gain, and the other 2 are supposed to be bought out of their contracts, which is a ton of money.. for doing nothing.. its a horrible idea this merger, it will cost and cause more problems in the long run..
Please Post

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Clerk wrote:
Go get a copy of the suit Einstein. I am sure all the cases and laws are referenced right in there.
Exactually as I thought, keep ranting, but can't cite anything to back it up.
Vote

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what facts I don't have straight, but here it is word for word from the NYS Education Department's Guide to the Reorganizaion of School Districts in NYS:

"If the superintendent of one or more of the districts included in the centralization is on tenure, he/she would have tenure rights to appointment as superintendent of the new central district. Where more than one superintendent is tenured, seniority would apply.

Lacking tenure status, superintendents of the former districts do not have any statutory rights to that position in the new district. The appointment of a superintendent would be made by the board of education of the new district. When the superintendent of a district included in the reorganization has an employment contract, such contract is considered a property right and is therefore a contractual obligation which is binding upon the newly reorganized school district as the successor in interest of the districts which have merged to form the reorganized district (Section 1804(5)(b) of the Education Law).

If the newly reorganized district determines not to employ such superintendent, it may discharge its contractual obligation by paying the salary which he or she would have earned pursuant to such contract, less any income obtained from employment elsewhere during the term of the contract.

And yes, I would like our BOE to interview candidates based on their knowledge, education, experience, and not just who they know on the Board. After all,.....we do want what's best for our children, right???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Bars in 80s & 90s. 1 hr Malcolm Mac Wallace 46
cheating men 2 hr knot again 41
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 4 hr CrewCut 19
Valley Liquor putting liquor shops out of busin... 10 hr Malcolm Mac Wallace 7
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 10 hr IWillTellYou 18
Valley health Schrader & Watson 10 hr really 148
free ribs!!! 18 hr freaking rican 1
•••
•••