Next Last
Mike Hunt

Constableville, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2008
That's not all they are smoking.
Tiger

Frankfort, NY

#2 Sep 22, 2008
Real safe place at lunch time and after school. There should be more police patroling that area at those times.
News

Syracuse, NY

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I've seen the police there on lunch hour, they should have a school resource officer!

Since: Sep 08

Jamesville, NY

#4 Sep 23, 2008
Can the police do anything if they find kids underage smoking off school property?
answer

Syracuse, NY

#5 Sep 23, 2008
WheresTheNews wrote:
Can the police do anything if they find kids underage smoking off school property?
No. It is illegal to sell tobacco to persons unddr the age of 18. It is NOT illegal for persons under the age of 18 to possess it. 25 years ago a cop might have taken the kids cigarettes away or at least made them put out their cigarette. Nowadays with civil rights suits running rampant and police priority #1 being liability, the cops are far less likely to do anything. Legally, they can't, they would be overstepping their boundaries, and no, parents cannot be charged if they let their kid smoke. Poor parenting yes, crime, no.

Since: Sep 08

Jamesville, NY

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Thats wicked unfortunate. Thanks for the answer though answer!
News

New York, NY

#7 Sep 23, 2008
It's sad, I can't believe how many highschool kids smoke! Back in the day you used to be the talk of the school if you smoked, what happened!
CIndy

AOL

#8 Sep 26, 2008
Yes--only 'burn-outs' smoked.
makayla

Constableville, NY

#9 Feb 2, 2010
ok i go there every morning and after school i see nothing worng there fights happen people smoke and make out so come on leave us alone

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#10 Feb 3, 2010
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It is illegal to sell tobacco to persons unddr the age of 18. It is NOT illegal for persons under the age of 18 to possess it. 25 years ago a cop might have taken the kids cigarettes away or at least made them put out their cigarette. Nowadays with civil rights suits running rampant and police priority #1 being liability, the cops are far less likely to do anything. Legally, they can't, they would be overstepping their boundaries, and no, parents cannot be charged if they let their kid smoke. Poor parenting yes, crime, no.
Fairly certain that a number of years ago the law was changed and it is illegal to possess tobacco if under 18. They can ticket, not that it would amount to much.
iusedtohaveaname

Jamesville, NY

#11 Feb 3, 2010
makayla wrote:
ok i go there every morning and after school i see nothing worng there fights happen people smoke and make out so come on leave us alone
Have another baby
I will find you

Rochester, NY

#12 Feb 3, 2010
WheresTheNews wrote:
What cop is gonna want to get out of his warm car in winter to chase down kids?
Well Spaman might, just to touch the boys.
and maybe Risi to shake them down for $$
U R really funny

AOL

#13 Feb 3, 2010
I will find you wrote:
<quoted text>
What cop is gonna want to get out of his warm car in winter to chase down kids?
Well Spaman might, just to touch the boys.
and maybe Risi to shake them down for $$
You should think about doing stand-up. You are soooo funny! And original. No one has ever talked trash about those two in a long time!!
I will find you

Rochester, NY

#14 Feb 4, 2010
U R really funny wrote:
<quoted text>You should think about doing stand-up. You are soooo funny! And original. No one has ever talked trash about those two in a long time!!
I'm sorry Mrs. Risi, I shouldn't be talking about your son like that. And yes, 2 days is a real long time.
BTW - you better get to your kitchen little Bobby has his hand in your cookie jar..... bad habits are hard to break
Oh so sorry

AOL

#15 Feb 4, 2010
I will find you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Mrs. Risi, I shouldn't be talking about your son like that. And yes, 2 days is a real long time.
BTW - you better get to your kitchen little Bobby has his hand in your cookie jar..... bad habits are hard to break
Not Mrs.Risi. My kids never got thrie hand stuck in the cookie jar. Like I said. It's old news move on.
Old Herkimer Geezer

Selkirk, NY

#16 Feb 7, 2014
Unfortunately, that situation has been like that for years! Made it tough for kids coming from their homes needing to run this 'gauntlet' just to get to school.
Old Herkimer Geezer

Selkirk, NY

#17 Feb 7, 2014
makayla wrote:
I see something wrong...if less time was spent doing that, you'd have spent more time in class and your spelling and grammar would be MUCH better. And you'd probably not be working at the drive-thru at Burger King now (just an assumption...but probably dead on correct).
uPP URS

Middleburgh, NY

#18 Feb 11, 2014
the only reason they cant find a RISI doing something near the school is BECAUSE THE RISI's JUSJ KIKE A RISI...he is DOIN' SOMTIN AROUND DA school>> JUST LIKE ALL THE KIDS THAT DO DRUGS ON da noon hour FROM WALMART TO what da hell>>>??ARE YOU BLIND in both eyes????WOPER-kopper
English 101

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 11, 2014
Excuse me but could you please write the comment above in English? Thank you.

Since: Sep 13

Herkimer, NY

#20 Feb 12, 2014
Old Herkimer Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
I see something wrong...if less time was spent doing that, you'd have spent more time in class and your spelling and grammar would be MUCH better. And you'd probably not be working at the drive-thru at Burger King now (just an assumption...but probably dead on correct).
We provide a school that academically performs in the bottom 10% of all upstate New York schools and we think spending MORE time there is going to fix this ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farber stole evidence from evidence room 1 hr Hadit 19
There Goes Another 15 Grand Down the Toilet 3 hr Johnny Jihadi 45
Donna Herkimer shes a drunk 3 hr valley guy 3
Likes it when you pee on him 3 hr Kelly 5
needs adult fun ASAP 4 hr tickle mee 2
Gay Guys in Herkimer (Mar '10) 5 hr enter usernamehere 40
Need a man. 14 hr member 10
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web