Herkimer County Legislature Chairman ...

Herkimer County Legislature Chairman Vincent Bono Talks About The Herkimer County Jail

There are 27 comments on the WIBX-AM Whitesboro story from Jul 25, 2013, titled Herkimer County Legislature Chairman Vincent Bono Talks About The Herkimer County Jail. In it, WIBX-AM Whitesboro reports that:

Herkimer County Legislature chairman Vincent Bono spoke with WIBX First News with Keeler in the Morning to talk about a decision that is expected from the appellate court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIBX-AM Whitesboro.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow amazing

New York, NY

#21 Aug 1, 2013
csi herkimer wrote:
hope the jail does go to ilion. we have all the trash we can handle. most of the legislatures don't live in our once great village. why, would they care about the village of Herkimer. keep jail out. yes, we are over taxed, village and county. but nobody cares. we have way to many legislatures. this county can be run with 8. but look at whats at stake. full health care, for life. its a part time job. what does it cost us tax payers, per year for one legislature?
/?/
Very impressive. You must have done some serious research. These guys get health care? Can't slide nothing past you.
what a goof

New York, NY

#22 Aug 1, 2013
first amendment wrote:
<quoted text>and the fourth highest county in ny state with heart attaches and heart problems. f u dale
f u bob ted carl and alice...You have no idea who I am, I have no idea who you are so I figured I'd cover more bases.
realestate agent

Herkimer, NY

#23 Aug 2, 2013
I'll sell the dufold to the county for a good price and Ray Johnson will get the jail over here to Ilion. We can clean up a contaminated site and turn it in to a great clean jail. Who would fight that? It is a great idea. Mr. Johnson is a fine man for working out this deal.And Herkimer can have their site for development. Not sure who would want to live in that village but go for it. We will be happy in Ilion.
good luck

New York, NY

#24 Aug 3, 2013
realestate agent wrote:
I'll sell the dufold to the county for a good price and Ray Johnson will get the jail over here to Ilion. We can clean up a contaminated site and turn it in to a great clean jail. Who would fight that? It is a great idea. Mr. Johnson is a fine man for working out this deal.And Herkimer can have their site for development. Not sure who would want to live in that village but go for it. We will be happy in Ilion.
Ray means well but he ain't splitting atoms. As for Herkimer developing anything...are you nuts? Dumbest fkin village board ever, in the entire valley.

Any lawsuits over the flooding yet?
wow

Albany, NY

#25 Aug 20, 2013
Men in Black 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your county boys are in the black because of overtaxation,and reduction in vital services.Look what neighboring county's recieve for their taxes compared to Herkimer. Oneida county is in the black as well, has a correctional facility( 170 beds/ wk sit idol), promotes tourism, has a Sheriff's road patrol,has economic development, and on and on. When you have a county governemt that despite $500,000 annual operating losses for Country Manor,despite millions wasted on jail site selection and development, millions wasted in lawsuits,has an inadequate jail, offers no sheriffs road patrol, decrease public health,vacant industrial lots,... Hell its a one way revenue stream. Fine for politicians to boast of being in the black, but not so good for the rest of the county.
Oneida counties budget is in the black. However they have great debt, we don't.
this aint free

New York, NY

#26 Aug 20, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oneida counties budget is in the black. However they have great debt, we don't.
What do you call an assisted living facility Country Manor, that loses $500,000 annually and a building the county has to pay hundreds of thousands to get rid of? Then we have a county Garage that needs repair or replacement, and the biggest indebtedness of all comes from the anticipated borrowing of over $20 million dollars for the jail.
at this time no debt

Albany, NY

#27 Aug 20, 2013
this aint free wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call an assisted living facility Country Manor, that loses $500,000 annually and a building the county has to pay hundreds of thousands to get rid of? Then we have a county Garage that needs repair or replacement, and the biggest indebtedness of all comes from the anticipated borrowing of over $20 million dollars for the jail.
I call it we have no debt. We pay it annually in full.
And anticipated debt ain't debt. It will be debt if and when we borrow.
The Garage is nothing. And the jail will be paid off in 10yrs.
Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEX and SKIN COLOR nothing else matters TO A DE... 3 hr ollieollieoskinfree 4
RCIL in Herkimer 4 hr smellslikefishy 10
Herkimer County DA, eyeballs deep in Police tra... 4 hr KeepAskingQuestions 9
Herkimer Forum (Jul '10) 6 hr 905947292asd 32
Our PD is out of control 10 hr dont drink and drive 34
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate 18 hr WhenDoesItEnd 27
How Am I Doing, So Far ? 22 hr hawaii5ooITHURTS 4
Our Mayor Is Out Of Control Wed iKANbeDAandKILLBA... 112
More from around the web

Personal Finance