Ilion players ineligible to play football and Herkimer players may follow

There are 89 comments on the WKTV story from Sep 28, 2012, titled Ilion players ineligible to play football and Herkimer players may follow. In it, WKTV reports that:

Herkimer Schools Superintendent Gary Tutty tells NEWSChannel 2, that he has reason to believe some Herkimer football players may have been at an underage drinking party in Ilion last weekend that resulted in more than 20 Ilion players getting suspended.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jmp

Ilion, NY

#1 Sep 28, 2012
did any kids come forward
stacker

Ilion, NY

#2 Sep 28, 2012
I don't play football but I can tell you that there were football players from all over there including Mohawk, Frankfort and Herkimer. I could not believe that Herkimer was allowed to play tonight knowing that players were at the party drinking. The videos and pictures prove it. The ilion guys didn't lie nor did they blow anyone in from what I understand but know the cowards that were there and didn't come forward because they wouldn't be able to play. LMAO Herkimer is undeafeat good athletes yes but cowards for not fessing up and Steele only cares about winning not what's right. Now let's see if QB and the rest of our Mohawk guys step up and admit they were there. All were playing beer pong then drove home after drinking. Can't wait to see if Mohawk has the balls to fess up and prove they band together instead of running from the truth
Observer

United States

#3 Sep 28, 2012
You are after all their crack dealer and you have molested most of them.
roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
HOW ABOUT

New York, NY

#4 Sep 29, 2012
stacker wrote:
I don't play football but I can tell you that there were football players from all over there including Mohawk, Frankfort and Herkimer. I could not believe that Herkimer was allowed to play tonight knowing that players were at the party drinking. The videos and pictures prove it. The ilion guys didn't lie nor did they blow anyone in from what I understand but know the cowards that were there and didn't come forward because they wouldn't be able to play. LMAO Herkimer is undeafeat good athletes yes but cowards for not fessing up and Steele only cares about winning not what's right. Now let's see if QB and the rest of our Mohawk guys step up and admit they were there. All were playing beer pong then drove home after drinking. Can't wait to see if Mohawk has the balls to fess up and prove they band together instead of running from the truth
what are you stupid, would you tell on yourself you asshole i am sure when and if the people who were there get cought they will fess up to being there. until. herkimer will be the same way and belive it or not mr steele cares more about just winning. agian i would like to see you walk up and just say 'coach i cant play in tonights game i was at a party' give me a break
the best

AOL

#5 Sep 29, 2012
HOW ABOUT wrote:
<quoted text>what are you stupid, would you tell on yourself you asshole i am sure when and if the people who were there get cought they will fess up to being there. until. herkimer will be the same way and belive it or not mr steele cares more about just winning. agian i would like to see you walk up and just say 'coach i cant play in tonights game i was at a party' give me a break
I agree the Ilion kids said they were there after they were told there was a video showing they were there. Does Herkimer or Mohawk have this same video? I am not saying if they were there they shouldn`t be punished, but you can`t on just say-so. When the facts come out they may have to sit the next games not sure but gotta have the facts first. As far as I know only Ilion has seen this video.
haha

Herkimer, NY

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Is the video on you tube? Who won at beer pong?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Sep 29, 2012
Steele has been up to no good since day one. One of these days with the right people in place it will all come to a crashing halt. Maybe these coaches should step away from the sidelines and make precedence. all Coaches-lets be "leaders" or a "teachers"
Truth

Little Falls, NY

#8 Sep 29, 2012
Like him or not, Alan Steele is doing a trememdous job with the football program and has for a long time now. This season is sending a message...keep the football program in Herkimer. VOTE NO!
vote No

Herkimer, NY

#9 Sep 29, 2012
Yes vote No. Rumors are that ilion is bailing the other schools out. Listen people. The money is not guaranteed. It is bull. Herk will save 300.00 in taxes for one year until all administration gets their raises because they complain there is too much to manage. Next year taxes will go up.
DBH

Herkimer, NY

#10 Sep 29, 2012
vote No wrote:
Yes vote No. Rumors are that ilion is bailing the other schools out. Listen people. The money is not guaranteed. It is bull. Herk will save 300.00 in taxes for one year until all administration gets their raises because they complain there is too much to manage. Next year taxes will go up.
Taxes are going up anyways....always have because costs rise. Life gets more expensive over time...not less. This merger is about bringing your structural costs in line with the number of students and taxpayers.

How is Ilion "bailing" any other school district out ? In terms of testing rankings, they are pretty much near the bottom of all upstate school districts. That is not to say the other 2 turn in spectacular academic results either.
Parent

Rome, NY

#11 Sep 30, 2012
Truth wrote:
Like him or not, Alan Steele is doing a trememdous job with the football program and has for a long time now. This season is sending a message...keep the football program in Herkimer. VOTE NO!
Are you freakin kidding me? A guy that make drinking his #1 priority? Whether they are winning or not, what kids of message do him and "Z" send to the kids. I've seen them in action off the field!
Again, the NO-Voters using sports as a real reason for voting no. Well, if Herkimer votes the merger down, lets see where the sport programs stand in a year or two.
Judge

Tully, NY

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Great input! If only you parents and residents were as concerned about the kids' academics as you are about their sports and their partying. No wonder kids in other countries are passing us by.
COME ON NOW

New York, NY

#13 Sep 30, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you freakin kidding me? A guy that make drinking his #1 priority? Whether they are winning or not, what kids of message do him and "Z" send to the kids. I've seen them in action off the field!
Again, the NO-Voters using sports as a real reason for voting no. Well, if Herkimer votes the merger down, lets see where the sport programs stand in a year or two.
what they do on THERE time is THERE time to do whith what they chose YOU MORON why dont you go to the classes and become certified to coach and coach its people like you that sit back and BITCH about everything and everybody and dont do nothing so shut up and go have a DRINK
Laughing

Rome, NY

#14 Sep 30, 2012
COME ON NOW wrote:
<quoted text>what they do on THERE time is THERE time to do whith what they chose YOU MORON why dont you go to the classes and become certified to coach and coach its people like you that sit back and BITCH about everything and everybody and dont do nothing so shut up and go have a DRINK
This reply is obviously from a total a**. First of all learn to spell, it's "their" and not "there"!!, second as coach (and I have coached) you are supposed to be a roll-model for kids to follow, on and off the field. So if a coach publically appears intoxicated very frequently, then yes it is a problem.
Role

Utica, NY

#15 Sep 30, 2012
Um, since we're taking time to correct spellings...it's "role" model and "publicly ".
ole timer

Lacona, NY

#16 Sep 30, 2012
Laughing- It's a "role-model" not a "roll-model".
A "roll-model" is what you put butter on.
Spelling

Rome, NY

#17 Sep 30, 2012
Role wrote:
Um, since we're taking time to correct spellings...it's "role" model and "publicly ".
publically - in a manner accessible to or observable by the public; openly; "she admitted publicly to being a communist"

Either spelling is recognized as being correct!
Truth

Little Falls, NY

#18 Sep 30, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you freakin kidding me? A guy that make drinking his #1 priority? Whether they are winning or not, what kids of message do him and "Z" send to the kids. I've seen them in action off the field!
Again, the NO-Voters using sports as a real reason for voting no. Well, if Herkimer votes the merger down, lets see where the sport programs stand in a year or two.
You are most likely not one of them who goes to Steele's house after every game and is a part of the party. Many of the ones there are parents of kids on the team. The kids are wherever when the parents are out partying. So it's Steele that's sending a message?
Not using sports as my reason. The big-wigs f'd it up, the big-wigs need to fix it...NOT THE PEOPLE OR KIDS! Vote NO!! Now have a few drinks and get laid!
reality check

Little Falls, NY

#19 Sep 30, 2012
So the local jocks got cocky(no pun) and got caught boozing. Their idiotic boldness in being on video simply verifies that they have been engaging in this behavior forever. These "heroes" of our communities are just dumb ass teens doing what most teens do...drink , do drugs, and screw. Hard working tax payers voice opinions for and against the merger plan and their arguments most always mention keeping their football teams intact. For who? These sleazy ego juiced punks? I for one am fed up with the amount of importance placed on football in high school. In Herkimer, more kids became professional ACTORS than sports legends.
Mama

Herkimer, NY

#20 Sep 30, 2012
Totally agree with #12.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Budget vote, East Herkimer and Pizza 1 hr Fly so free 19
Joe Brown 1 hr dont worry about ... 2
Herkimer DA and County Court lose jury trial 2 hr herman 38
skanks in herk 12 hr hmmmmm 15
Thank you to all the morons who forced us to ch... 13 hr repete 47
Herkimer Athletes 16 hr NDsports 3
jennifer la valley 17 hr truthurts 3
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]