Arson on German St
Next thing

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2014
What happened on German St. Last night? Seems like a domestic dispute. Any word on who was involved?
Buzz feed

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2014
Next thing wrote:
What happened on German St. Last night? Seems like a domestic dispute. Any word on who was involved?
Where was it on West German? Don't ya just love it when something comes on the news like that, and then there's NO followup!! It looked like a two story white house that was set off by itself. WKTV only showed it for a second. Kurt Meyers started with arson and then it led to other things. Obviously, that was an extreme situation. Why does the HPD even release the story to the media with NO followup, and get the public hyped up. OH, that's right, we're living in Herkimer!! LOL
concerned

Malone, NY

#3 Jan 17, 2014
it's incidents like this that cause independent experts to rank Herkimer the 5th most dangerous town in New York State!
herk resident

Vernon, NY

#4 Jan 17, 2014
But yet we all know it's a safe village. None of us are fearful someone mugging us, assaulting us, or breaking into our house or apartment. This guy was a relative. It's the handful of messed up families who give Herkimer a bad reputation.
herk resident

Vernon, NY

#5 Jan 17, 2014
I mean... Was a relative of the victim. Not my relative. Just wanted to clear that up.
concerned

Malone, NY

#6 Jan 17, 2014
herk resident wrote:
But yet we all know it's a safe village. None of us are fearful someone mugging us, assaulting us, or breaking into our house or apartment. This guy was a relative. It's the handful of messed up families who give Herkimer a bad reputation.
A "safe village" does not have the rash of heroin arrests that Herkimer has, most of which do not make the paper.

If you think there's no chance that a desperate heroin junkie mugs you while you're out on shopping on Main St or patronizing the many nice downtown restaurants and bars -- THINK AGAIN!
weed man

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 17, 2014
I remember scott carter blasting home runs in little league. I hear he needs a liver transplant... hope things work out for you scott
Buzz feed

Herkimer, NY

#8 Jan 17, 2014
herk resident wrote:
It's a relatively safe town. OF COURSE there are assaults, breakins, rapes etc....You should be alert and use common sense. Do you REALLY think you and your family are IMMUNE from such crimes? That is indeed dangerous complacency.
herk resident

Tully, NY

#9 Jan 18, 2014
I didn't say we were immune. I said Herkimer is not a dangerous village. That doesn't mean bad things never happen. When's the last time anyone you know was mugged? As long as you don't put yourself in a stupid position you're fine. But that's everywhere in the world. An unsafe rating should mean you will get either mugged, stabbed, assaulted, carjacked, robbed, raped, broken into, or even killed when you unbarricade yourself from your house or apartment. When's the last time this happened in Herkimer to anyone you know? And having it done by your own relatives and acquaintances doesn't count. That means you have a fck'd up life, not a dangerous town. Herkimer is a very safe village for a normal person.
Unlimited BS

Herkimer, NY

#10 Jan 18, 2014
herk resident wrote:
I didn't say we were immune. I said Herkimer is not a dangerous village. That doesn't mean bad things never happen. When's the last time anyone you know was mugged? As long as you don't put yourself in a stupid position you're fine. But that's everywhere in the world. An unsafe rating should mean you will get either mugged, stabbed, assaulted, carjacked, robbed, raped, broken into, or even killed when you unbarricade yourself from your house or apartment. When's the last time this happened in Herkimer to anyone you know? And having it done by your own relatives and acquaintances doesn't count. That means you have a fck'd up life, not a dangerous town. Herkimer is a very safe village for a normal person.
My My aren't we judgemental. LOL Obviously, we're not living in the Bronx, but it never hurts to lock your doors and keep your eyes open. BTW if someone becomes a victim of a crime violent or otherwise, even if it's in a small town, it doesn't mean they somehow brought it on. That's blaming the victim, and a GROSS over generalization. Do you know how rampant childhood sexual abuse and domestic violence is in this area. I was a certified investigator. I saw the underbelly of a lot of our little towns in this area. It's not the victim's fault if they are assaulted in their home or in the Walmart parking lot. Your air of superiority belies your ignorance.
Case in Point

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jan 21, 2014
Unlimited BS wrote:
<quoted text> My My aren't we judgemental. LOL Obviously, we're not living in the Bronx, but it never hurts to lock your doors and keep your eyes open. BTW if someone becomes a victim of a crime violent or otherwise, even if it's in a small town, it doesn't mean they somehow brought it on. That's blaming the victim, and a GROSS over generalization. Do you know how rampant childhood sexual abuse and domestic violence is in this area. I was a certified investigator. I saw the underbelly of a lot of our little towns in this area. It's not the victim's fault if they are assaulted in their home or in the Walmart parking lot. Your air of superiority belies your ignorance.
Apparently the incident in Ilion started as a domestic call. Every law enforcement personnel knows that responding to these calls can be volatile and very dangerous. Too bad the guy saw it as his only way out, but at least he didn't take anyone else with him! I agree with you,anytime any type of arson is involved, it spells desperation and potential tragedy,if not in the present, then a possible predictor of future problems.
kung foo

United States

#12 Jan 21, 2014
thats why i got a 20 dollar scanner. BJ KING wid no brains. you dont hear the crap from the rest of main st or the projects when the welfare check runs dry..
or the 210 lovelies bouncing each other off the wall ..they send 2 cops to each domestic to get the opinion from each other because there are so many whiner and criers WHO need THE DEPOSITION ON PAPER (WHEN THEY REALLY NEED BULLET IN THE HEAD...) THATS WHY YOUR TAX BILLS ARE so high..LIKE THE ppl THEY RESPOND FOR.
kung foo

United States

#13 Jan 21, 2014
OH GOD you're from little falls??? the TRU TOILET OF police calls from HELL>>> dont go out side your crap hole..BRO.. you'll get hit in the head WID A BALL BAT dey cant afford bullets fo da guns
herktown

Little Falls, NY

#14 Jan 21, 2014
How about a home getting robbed mid afternoon Friday on Margaret & a house on German today?!? Where is the Telegram story about that? What has HPD found?
kopps WATCHER

Belmont, MA

#15 Jan 21, 2014
which one?/ eastern herk is a ZOO NOW

pick a place..most scanner calls now are dispatced from the desk rather than the county tower BUT YEA IT AIN PERFECT MOST OF THE POLICE TRAFFIC IDS NOW on narrow band and cell phones and little falls is worse than rt 5s utica to recieve but ONE SECOND for your ear to hear that call o n your street on in your block OR GOD FORBID IN YUR RESIDENSE.. lock and load and PROTECT YOURSELF and your family..its cheap and if anyone needs schematics or info free either go to elektrotanya or DAdot ru OR CALL ME DIRECT bindarossfup ampersand google. for free schematics and service info been here longer than dirt..most i s available onnet or ???? DA dot RU is russian ,,,,, moist info is ther free. damn hands dont tyope well sporry..DA dot RU is russian ok myby??
Detroit

Germany

#16 Jan 22, 2014
You people are scared in Herkimer? Seriously?

I guess when you haven't been outside of Herkimer, you would think its scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Danielle more 3 hr Huh 3
Jill doolen 11 hr Smh 7
Anyone know Trista Dennis and Richard Hungerford Fri OtisG 42
No Churches helping out with WARM-UP stations? Fri Judas 15
Todd Bennett Thu Been therr 8
Mohawk Valley Ceramics Real Business Jan 17 OldSchool 2
Main Moon vs Borunda Jan 17 Main Moon 15

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance