codes should approve improvements first

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

dan

Little Falls, NY

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Property owners on main street should always get approval from village before any bld improvements are done. Herkimer main st looks like crapola.
Really

Little Falls, NY

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Any improvements of Main Street are welcome. It's been a dump for years.
Steelers Fan

Herkimer, NY

#3 Dec 3, 2012
The colors are great! Pittsburgh Steelers #1
Don't forget about the Penguins and the Pirates!
tax dollars at work

Ilion, NY

#6 Dec 3, 2012
WTF16 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea, Dan, but who's gonna check on this stuff ? I don't even know who the codes enforcer is, do you?
Take a walk around the village, and not just Main St. There are flagrant violations all over hell and nothing is ever done, why?
Oh, I know...it's because the Mayor and village Board are a bunch of low-life OBAMA ass-kissing DEMO-FREAKIN'-CRATS, right ? Now I sound just like the as*hole, and I MEAN AS*HOLE, that calls REPUBLICANS "RATPUBLICANS" the same cat that has his tongue up Carl Streeters ass the same time he's strokin' Joe Chilleli's JOHNSON !
I see you're bitching again, troll.
Dan Master

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 4, 2012
Codes could make a killing for the Village by writing tickets for fines all around Herkimer, let alone Main Street.

What happened to the evaluation the Village wasted it's money on that they could have figured out themselves?

The Village putting that to their credit why Main is starting to try and do something?

No direction, but people are trying...eventually businesses will try against the odds and a few may make it, but most will fail in the end.

No traffic means no shopping on main street period!
Herkimer needs to have a fund just for the street and when things need doing, then the Village can just do it, rather than wait for funding.

Start putting pressure on all the slum lords from Collis apts to Palmer apts.
Lucy

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 4, 2012
The new paint job on Sam's market makes Main Street look like a street corner in Cornhill! I'll be staying away! It certainly does not add to Herkimer's historic district. What a shame. I about cried when I saw them defacing the building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South Washington St Trash 😂 3 hr none of your busi... 8
New Director Herkimer county IDA 4 hr no way 11
Herkimer DA and County Court lose jury trial 11 hr Abacus 32
whorie Lorie (Jun '13) 11 hr Freaked out 63
question about Herk Police 13 hr tttt 22
concerned for unborn baby (Sep '14) 20 hr lol 8
Renee Geloso 22 hr really 14
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE