old timer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Anyone go to Bills School in the 60's remember the 6th grade teachers names? I remember there was a couple of male teachers but cant remember their names.

Since: Oct 09

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Mr. Thomas was one (I was in his class) and I think another began with an "L" - maybe LaPorte?? Can't remember the other teachers' names. Sure is hell to get old - LOL!
over 50

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

I think there was another 6th grade male teacher named Sprigs or something like that.
Also the principal was Ms Betty Repp. I remember everyone was afraid of her.
showboat

Delmar, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

I had Mrs Deschamps in kindergarten
Bob Cat

Constableville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

Mr Frank LaPuma--6th grade.

Since: Oct 09

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

Bob Cat wrote:
Mr Frank LaPuma--6th grade.
Ah, yes, LaPuma. Well I did have the "La" right? LOL It really sucks to get old!
school

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

When and why did it close? What's going on there now? Builiding is really cool
Gargamel

Lake Placid, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

It closed in the mid-to-late 80's?. I went there through 4th grade, then to Foley middle school, and then they built the new elementary school. Moved the youngin's to east herkimer and split the middle school grades between there & the high school.

It's owned by some middle eastern man/company/entity who used it for storage of some sort for years. In the past 6 months or so, they've been moving all of the "stuff" out of the building, assumingly to make it more attractive to potential buyers?

You can drive by and see broken windows in the front where the stacks of boxes fell over.

Definitely a cool building inside.
BucsfanSRQ

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

I have great memories of Bills school. It was a neat building. I used to take speach and we would go down in the boiler room where a table was set up and have the class there. Other 6th grade teachers. Mrs. Begley, Mrs. Elow, 5th grade Mrs Lenney, the librarian who smelled like hairspray and cigarettes- Miss Krein? Herkimer-in the 60-70's great place to grow up.
Breckin

Constableville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Word is that Charlie Celi bought Bills School. Any thoughts about what he will do with it?
Leather Forever

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

He bought it for taxes...will clean it out and dump it.
MainSt

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

He bought it for just over $4000. He will either fill it with garabage from cleaning out his apartments or fill it with his crack head workers.
never lether

Newport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

asbestos heaven ?
Breckin

Constableville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Gee, another hookah bar might be good. REAL close to the projects and the welfare office.
Oh Baby

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Breckin wrote:
Gee, another hookah bar might be good. REAL close to the projects and the welfare office.
Put those fat young white chicks on Main Street to work. They work best on their backs with their stump legs up in the air.....
scott

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I went there in 68. Teacher's name was Ms. Herrholzer(sp?)
Herkimer Menatlity

Newport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

buy it, gut it, abandon it, is the mantra of the Herkimer "business-man". and when you rent an apartment DO NOT put a dime in it to make it better because those dirty cockroaches will just destroy it anyway. LOW
Tony from Buffalo

Olean, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I remember Mr.LaPuma. He liked to play with kids ears while we were reading. I remember Mrs Repp. Everybody was afraid of her. Mrs. lenney wasn't bad either. I transferred there from Tuger School for 5th and 6th. Herkimer has sure changed. That hotdog lady is still there though. Near the library. I remember the old library. Those were the days.
internet leather shopper

Poland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

new leather shop on Washington Street, going to sell fire proof asbestos jackets
Tina Dambrosi

Edgewater, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

I think I went here I 72-74 ????? I moved so many times it was sad any help would help w pics or yearbook I think the teacher I had wore a brace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 27 min Please 6,407
Adult Pleasures in Little Falls (Feb '10) 1 hr mama june 13
Would you pay Tuition at Central Valley? 1 hr Dad 21
cheating men 3 hr MARRIED WOMEN WANTED 63
babysitter 6 hr Dirt Catcher 6
beacon center (Nov '12) 8 hr the good ones go 139
Robert Miller 10 hr kristeena 5
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000