Comments
61 - 80 of 138 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 14
Anon

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Jun 16, 2013
 
Hi Ex you were just venting. It's good you're doing soul searching, but no coffee there!! WTF! its legal Mon. Oh well bugger king is right around the corner. on a serious note for anyone out there that think that just, "Welfare people" abuse drugs and alcohol---get your heads out of your ass. I will say though that probably a lot of low income people go there. Did anyone ever hear of the working poor? Welcome to Herkimer ya'll!!
skippy

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

my ex goes there and they aren't helping him. He drinks after his 80 hour pee test. he goes to to his hour session and his two hour sessions and tells them what they wanna hear. he isn't learning anything from it. they need to drug test them everytime they come in for there sessions.
in denial

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

skippy wrote:
my ex goes there and they aren't helping him. He drinks after his 80 hour pee test. he goes to to his hour session and his two hour sessions and tells them what they wanna hear. he isn't learning anything from it. they need to drug test them everytime they come in for there sessions.
its not Beacon's fault if he is " not learning anything". An addict has to want to change their life and clearly he does not. You cannot help someone who refuses to help themselves...
in denial

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Jun 18, 2013
 
Anon wrote:
Hi Ex you were just venting. It's good you're doing soul searching, but no coffee there!! WTF! its legal Mon. Oh well bugger king is right around the corner. on a serious note for anyone out there that think that just, "Welfare people" abuse drugs and alcohol---get your heads out of your ass. I will say though that probably a lot of low income people go there. Did anyone ever hear of the working poor? Welcome to Herkimer ya'll!!
addiction is a social disease that does not discriminate between rich or poor, male or female, gay or straight, etc... Difference between Beacon and other rehab places is that people with more financial resources will go to greater lengths to keep it a secret and find more discrete (and more expensive) services.

Considering this area is economically depressed, most people here are of low income. Working poor indeed.
Yea I agree

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You are very insightful and socially aware---a rarity in these parts. I heard it said once that poor people go to "insane asylums" and richer people go to"rest homes" Same diff with the rehabs. Lots of people work there asses off all over the USA for less than a "living wage" and they still qualify for assistance. The companies that exploit them-- in a sense get subsidized by the government, via these social welfare programs. This is a form of Corporate welfare. We hear very little about it at any level. Having said that,of course people should further their education, job skills etc; A lot of those same Corporations sold out the American working class by sending jobs overseas. Its easy to kick people when they're down. Mental energy has to be expended to understand the overall picture. Sometimes I wonder if people will ever wake up. Its what was called Consciousness raising a few decades back.
curious

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Jun 24, 2013
 
I am seeking treatment and am curious to know is there any one counselor that I should ask for there? Is there any I should avoid? Any feedback is appreciated.
lol

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Jun 25, 2013
 
I would seek treatment elsewhere. Wouldn't recommend any of the counselors left at that place. The good ones got out while they could.
Larry

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Jul 1, 2013
 
lol wrote:
I would seek treatment elsewhere. Wouldn't recommend any of the counselors left at that place. The good ones got out while they could.
No doubt, from what I've heard they need to put a revolving door on that agency!!! Oh yea, Inquiring minds want to know(Not really--- LOL)
former receptionist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Jul 4, 2013
 
Beacon Center staff has rules they must follow mandated by the state. If you are in the program for an extended period of time there is documented reasons that explain why you are still there. Counselors are people too, they are different personalities, some tougher than others. When someone asked me which one I recommended....it was tough...it all depended on which personality would benefit the client the most. When I would do an intake I used to try to match them with the best counselor for their situation. Maybe they would relate better to a gentle person as aposed to an agressive personality. Everyone is different. If you do go there and you find you aren't relating well with your counselor ask for a different one. As for the idea that people are having coffee get togethers in the back....they're not! Some clients have emergency situations that the staff go above and beyond to provide help. Some may need emergency housing, some are in personal crisis, the situations vary. When these things happen some clients or visitors are made to wait a bit longer than everyone would like. When you think about it that actually lets you know Beacon Center is really there to help you. As for the gossip about the new supervisor... maybe she really doesn't have a brown nose she just respects the company that signs her paycheck as every employee should!
Wink wink

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Jul 4, 2013
 
former receptionist wrote:
Beacon Center staff has rules they must follow mandated by the state. If you are in the program for an extended period of time there is documented reasons that explain why you are still there. Counselors are people too, they are different personalities, some tougher than others. When someone asked me which one I recommended....it was tough...it all depended on which personality would benefit the client the most. When I would do an intake I used to try to match them with the best counselor for their situation. Maybe they would relate better to a gentle person as aposed to an agressive personality. Everyone is different. If you do go there and you find you aren't relating well with your counselor ask for a different one. As for the idea that people are having coffee get togethers in the back....they're not! Some clients have emergency situations that the staff go above and beyond to provide help. Some may need emergency housing, some are in personal crisis, the situations vary. When these things happen some clients or visitors are made to wait a bit longer than everyone would like. When you think about it that actually lets you know Beacon Center is really there to help you. As for the gossip about the new supervisor... maybe she really doesn't have a brown nose she just respects the company that signs her paycheck as every employee should!
Wow that was a great ad for Beacon Center!! However, let me get this right, you are a "FORMER Receptionist." LOL Have fun on your "vacation."
Tommy Boy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Jul 4, 2013
 
Two words Matt Mills.
former receptionist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Jul 4, 2013
 
All kidding aside...I liked my job and liked the clients and co-workers. I saw many people that were there because they wanted to be helped and I also saw people placed there by county agencies. It doesn't matter how good a place or program is unless you actually want to be there and make changes in yourself. I don't have to provide a sales pitch, I' not employed by them now. I don't receive a % for saying anything nice...it is what it is! If the position was open I'd apply for the same job!
HBOMB

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Jul 4, 2013
 
former receptionist , I wouldn't waste your breathe trying to reason with people who don't appreciate help. Addicts and drunks have no concept of what it takes to work for a living ad being loyal to an employer. Theyre only concerned with blaming their problems on everyone but themselves.
Ron

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Jul 4, 2013
 
HBOMB wrote:
former receptionist , I wouldn't waste your breathe trying to reason with people who don't appreciate help. Addicts and drunks have no concept of what it takes to work for a living ad being loyal to an employer. Theyre only concerned with blaming their problems on everyone but themselves.
Like the addicts and drunks are the only ones posting on this thread ? Get real.
former receptionist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

former receptionist wrote:
You're right. My name is Isabella. And to be quite honest, I am a liar. I was irate when I was at Beacon because I wanted to know what was going on with the clients but was told that's not my position to know I was also a backstabber and trash talker. I guess being a secretary really got to me and I took my anger out on people I shouldn't have.
Before you formerly take on a person's identity you should think about the position you place yourself in...then really pay attention to the content of your post. Although I have a good idea who you are...I feel bad that you were so manipulated. You're a good counselor...a bit tough at times...but if you look at the that 27 day time frame (3-1 through 3-27) you would actually realize no names were provided to executives, just information to fix whatever problem there may have been with business activity, only business activity. That was also expressed to your immediate supervisor during that time as well. Maybe if you had really evaluated the situation and curbed your need to making someone feel outcast for doing their job things would have been different. Your supervisor should have let you know how the situation was resolved...less drama...more work!
LOL

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jul 5, 2013
 
real classy postings... not. I heard the two good counselors they had left for a better job and are working for the supervisor that used to be in Herkimer. can't say I blame them.. that place is goin to shit anyway.
former receptionist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL wrote:
real classy postings... not. I heard the two good counselors they had left for a better job and are working for the supervisor that used to be in Herkimer. can't say I blame them.. that place is goin to shit anyway.
pyhit has a code of ethics like every employer... Although you may not pay strict attention to the full impact of your behavior towards co-workers especially the ones that say it the way it is out loud instead of the ones that whisper behind closed doors. The ones that whisper have a tendency to fabricate information. You should think about the people you have trusted and where this has gotten you so far! If they are talking about others they may be talking about you as well. I wish you well in your fresh start.
ummm no

Pine Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jul 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This is all very funny... The raves and rants of a secretary! lol thanks for the amusement!
Sherlock

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jul 5, 2013
 
former receptionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you formerly take on a person's identity you should think about the position you place yourself in...then really pay attention to the content of your post. Although I have a good idea who you are...I feel bad that you were so manipulated. You're a good counselor...a bit tough at times...but if you look at the that 27 day time frame (3-1 through 3-27) you would actually realize no names were provided to executives, just information to fix whatever problem there may have been with business activity, only business activity. That was also expressed to your immediate supervisor during that time as well. Maybe if you had really evaluated the situation and curbed your need to making someone feel outcast for doing their job things would have been different. Your supervisor should have let you know how the situation was resolved...less drama...more work!
You seem to be a forthright person, and for your own mental health I would encourage you to stop posting on this thread. For instance, your reference to,"business activity," not once but twice has only confirmed what I was told by two other interested parties,ie; the Counselor that went away on a "permanent vacation," was strongly suspected of questionable,"business activities." Thanks for puzzle piece number four!!!! LOL
lol

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jul 6, 2013
 
Yeah i dont know about that place. the ceo and owner have their heads so far up their asses tryin to smell the money. pretty sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Pleasures in Little Falls (Feb '10) 3 min mama june 10
Is Anna Mulligan A prostitute? (Jun '12) 4 hr closetoyou 35
Amy Mosher 4 hr fkoff 6
Valley health Schrader & Watson 8 hr Under the Sheets 178
Herkimer county taxpayers $$$ 9 hr Starving 3
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 22 hr herkimer 38
Remote Car Starter Installation (Nov '12) Thu sugar n spice 6

Search the Herkimer Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••