Comments
21 - 40 of 137 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2014
LOL

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

word.
GET REAL

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 26, 2012
 
xhs wrote:
That place is all f*cked up. How can counselors who obviously have eating addictions tell an addict. There in the same boats however different the circumstances vary. And they seem to like to hire lesbians there as well.
You make me laugh ... how does being a lesbian have anything to do with a persons recovery and the ability of a worker being about to treat a person? I think you need to stop your obsession over someone's possible sexual orientation and worry about your own life.
As far as an eating addiction, well, addiction is addiction. It can be an addiction to food, sex, shopping, sex, gambling, nicotine, alcohol or drugs, but it is all addictive behavior. So if they have people there who have experienced addiction count your self lucky to have someone who understands the struggle of an addict and can help you change your negative behaviors.
Instead of complaining about the workers why don't you look in the mirror and ask yourself what got you going to such a program in the first place, and start focusing on the things you need to fix the things that got you there. Stop worrying about the workers and their so called "problems".... fix you.
xhs

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 27, 2012
 
Haha how can you say this place isn't messed up? One of their former counselors was arrested in Utica. Yeah great place!

http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/db_273540/co...
Amuzzed

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Nov 27, 2012
 
xhs wrote:
Haha how can you say this place isn't messed up? One of their former counselors was arrested in Utica. Yeah great place!
http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/db_273540/co...
Nothing in the article states that this man is/was an employee of the Beacon Center? How do you know that he is employed there?
xhs

Marlborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 27, 2012
 
I go there and he was the group counselor until a few months back.
Amuzzed

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 27, 2012
 
xhs wrote:
I go there and he was the group counselor until a few months back.
Kudos to you for putting this man's info out there. I'm sure he greatly appreciates it. I know if it were me, I'd be mad as h e l l
wondering

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 27, 2012
 
if you dont like beacon then stop going, xhs. der!! sounds like your the one thats messed up!
GET REAL

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

wondering wrote:
if you dont like beacon then stop going, xhs. der!! sounds like your the one thats messed up!
xhs can not stop going because he will go to jail, or CPS will keep his kids, or possibly both .... I am sure that is why xhs is so made at beacon .... it is easier to place blame on others than to take responsibility for ones own actions
waterboy

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

They should do seventy two hour alcohol test on one of their pregnant clients....she looked pretty tipsy last week.
GET REAL

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

waterboy wrote:
They should do seventy two hour alcohol test on one of their pregnant clients....she looked pretty tipsy last week.
Why are you worried about someone else, obviously you are a client there and should be more concerned about your own recovery instead of others... just saying
waterboy

Blossvale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GET REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you worried about someone else, obviously you are a client there and should be more concerned about your own recovery instead of others... just saying
actually no not a client just a guy who hates to see a pregnant women drink.
xhs

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Amuzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to you for putting this man's info out there. I'm sure he greatly appreciates it. I know if it were me, I'd be mad as h e l l
Well considering he used to brag about his previous felonies in group I'm sure he's going to be going back away for quite a while. This thread will be gone buried by then!
Mad

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 28, 2012
 
Well iknow for a fact that place is a joke.thay stay clean than when there done there they go back to the same shit.trust me.
omg

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Nov 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your all welfare junkies!!!!!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU SCUMS!!!!!!
lol

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Nov 28, 2012
 
Mad wrote:
Well iknow for a fact that place is a joke.thay stay clean than when there done there they go back to the same shit.trust me.
Hmmm... it would help if you could at least sound somewhat intelligent. Let me help you:

"Well, I know for a fact that place is a joke. They stay clean, yet when they're done there they go back to the same shit. Trust me."

Notice the proper usage of punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Here's one for you: get an education and a decent job.

Good day!
well said

Westfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I agree but why would they get a job when they can sit home all day collecting welfare and doing drugs. Getting a job and going to work everyday would just be plain stupid.
sobergirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

first off im not a welfare junkie - second, i went to the beacon center and i got out of there. i didnt have to go but it kept me from going to jail. the only one I have a problem with is that little old black lady.... shes fucked up..
Really

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well I must say I was mandated to go to Beacon in Herkimer. I was always into talking about my problems, very open, never missed a day, and wanted sobriety! I never failed a drug test not once and I went there EVERY single day for the LONGEST time. I ended up having to be there over 2 and a half years. After the two and a half years they had told me they want to do one more one on one and one more group class. I went to both bright eyed and bushy tailed, drug free and sober for almost three years. In my last one on one she told me she wanted me to start going six days a week again because a girl who didn't like me called in there (everyone knew I was going there I was proud to say I was in recovery no shame in getting help)and said I was drinking and doing drugs. She wouldn't leave her name but I knew it was her. They called me the same day they got the call and told me what was said. I went straight there and did a 80hr alcohol screen and a drug test. PASSED with flying colors. Even after that they wanted me back 6 days a week. I then quit went to utica for a month and they let me go (only let me go because they got all my info from the herkimer beacon). They said they would have released me then and there but they had to at least diagnose me and make sure I am clean. A year would have been sufficient. If I failed to stay sober after a year of outpatient then I clearly wasn't ready. Three years of that shit is absolutely absurd and ridiculous! They are money hungry so stop stroking their balls saying these people don't want your f*cking insurance money or your money. THEY DO! They do not care about recovery only a select few. The best ones they had got fired. You want to know why?? Because they stood up for their clients and in return got sacked for it!!! SCREW BEACON I hope it burns down to the ground!!!
Really

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OH and they also overcharged not once but twice. My insurance paid DOUBLE on two separate occasions. I got that insurance through work and they were not too happy! Twice they had to fix it but faught to not fix it before they were made too!
fake

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

your story is BS. Any insurance company would recall double payments made to any provider. And you were not kept in rehab for over 2 1/2 years because you passed every screen. Not a chance. Also, NOBODY goes to outpatient rehab EVERYDAY! Nobody. A few groups a week and a couple individual sessions is usually all.

I know people who have graduated from there in a year and a half or less. Three years for you? Yeah you had serious addiction issues......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley Liquor putting liquor shops out of busin... 30 min Malcolm Mac Wallace 7
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 32 min IWillTellYou 18
cheating men 42 min Reality 33
Valley health Schrader & Watson 46 min really 148
Best Bars in 80s & 90s. 6 hr Memories 45
free ribs!!! 8 hr freaking rican 1
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr cornholio 437
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••