Somebody listening

Little Falls, NY

#23 Feb 2, 2013
The county only takes up a default for a year - get a clue. I live in the county - I don't want to pay Ilion's defaulted school taxes. Next year - then what - the county ain't paying it again because it won't be defaulted - it'll be owned by the county due to two defaults. Check it out - it ain't rocket science. Nobody wants to pay more - and I certainly don't want to pay for Ilion and Mohawk when I don't live there. Above is right, people aren't stupid.
Nobody listening

Fort Edward, NY

#24 Feb 2, 2013
The Arms is going nowhere and if it blew off the map tomorrow it would cost the district less than 1%. Big fkin deal. That is the least of our school districts problems at the moment.
Vegas

Herkimer, NY

#25 Feb 2, 2013
Tangorra just cares about his income, and that is way overpaid . One super for all four schools is what should happen and maybe that salary would be deserved and justified.
Humpy dumpty

Herkimer, NY

#26 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah
Nobody listening

Schodack Landing, NY

#27 Feb 2, 2013
Vegas wrote:
Tangorra just cares about his income, and that is way overpaid . One super for all four schools is what should happen and maybe that salary would be deserved and justified.
A merger is not going to get Tangorra or anyone else a raise. If you want one super. for all four schools all four needed to merge.
just saying

Windsor, CT

#28 Feb 3, 2013
Wait this is herkimer topix you blew it already don't bother ilion....you sound like your jealous that when this merger goes through and your 11 th grade kid is coloring for a third class period in a row...at least hang the pictures on your fridge...make them feel some what appreciated..go out and get some gold stars while your at it...and don't worry about us...
Im just saying

Herkimer, NY

#29 Feb 3, 2013
Get over it. It was voted on, you lost.
just saying

Windsor, CT

#30 Feb 3, 2013
We didn't lose...
Change is Good

New York, NY

#31 Feb 3, 2013
YupSure wrote:
When Remington leaves and takes their 1%(see nobody's saying how much that really is), and the people that work there can't pay their share - hello Mohawk taxpayers. People cry over .25%- you think they're gonna be happy with what Remington takes with them? Call Mr. Cuomo, maybe he'll help...... oh wait we're the wrong area code....
They are saying how much it is. It is around $46,000.
Change is Good

New York, NY

#32 Feb 3, 2013
YupSure wrote:
When Remington leaves and takes their 1%(see nobody's saying how much that really is), and the people that work there can't pay their share - hello Mohawk taxpayers. People cry over .25%- you think they're gonna be happy with what Remington takes with them? Call Mr. Cuomo, maybe he'll help...... oh wait we're the wrong area code....
Also, if Remington can't pay their $46,000, it goes to the County (all county taxpayers) to pay - not to the merged district. Mohawk residents will not be saddled with that. SO YupSure, IF Remington leaves and the districts stay separate, how will the schools handle the massive reduction in state aid (that is tied to enrollment).Do you think that all Remington employees live in Ilion? NOT. We would need the merger even MORE if it were to leave.
Change is Good

New York, NY

#33 Feb 3, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Good article. And to 'what a clown': don't bank on it. His kids are doing just fine in Herkimer. See, without the incentive aid there is no chance for him to get another big raise.
Herkimer will be losing many employees this year, many of whom will not be replaced. There is a huge gap that can only be partially covered if the Gov.'s proposed aid package makes it through budget hurdles, which is questionable. There has been discussion of cutting all sports and more. Herkimer is NOT 'ok' and if they make it through this year's budget cycle, will they make it through next year's? Doubtful.
HBOMB

Fort Plain, NY

#34 Feb 3, 2013
What places are tax exempt? Hope someone can name them I'd like to know, Im not questioning if there are just would like to know who.
Once Again

Wilbraham, MA

#35 Feb 4, 2013
IF Ilion is so great and currently has more opportunities than Herkimer, WHY are Tangorra's kids in HERKIMER? And why does he live in HERKIMER? Isn't Ilion good enough for him?
stop talkin dumb

United States

#36 Feb 4, 2013
Once Again wrote:
IF Ilion is so great and currently has more opportunities than Herkimer, WHY are Tangorra's kids in HERKIMER? And why does he live in HERKIMER? Isn't Ilion good enough for him?
His kids will be changing schools.

Apparently he likes his house and makes enough to pay the ridiculous taxes and National grid.

A family moving into the valley would be retarded to buy a house in Herkimer.
just saying

West Hartford, CT

#37 Feb 4, 2013
Hey check the od today looks like you clown's are so messed up the state is coming to help with your village budget...must be all the study halls and ap business courses are paying off...wait your kids don't have ap...color a picture of what you want the budget to look like...remember stay in the lines....tards...
yesser

West Springfield, MA

#38 Feb 4, 2013
Yeah. How can we get or gather a list of properties that are tax exempt?
no kidding

United States

#39 Feb 4, 2013
just saying wrote:
Hey check the od today looks like you clown's are so messed up the state is coming to help with your village budget...must be all the study halls and ap business courses are paying off...wait your kids don't have ap...color a picture of what you want the budget to look like...remember stay in the lines....tards...
Bankrupt...with crazy taxes, national grid and fked-up school. Put those no voters on the village board. That'll fix things.
be serious

United States

#40 Feb 4, 2013
just saying wrote:
Hey check the od today looks like you clown's are so messed up the state is coming to help with your village budget...must be all the study halls and ap business courses are paying off...wait your kids don't have ap...color a picture of what you want the budget to look like...remember stay in the lines....tards...
These are the idiots that take the County Legislature to court and then go home and have pillow-fights.
Once Again

Wilbraham, MA

#41 Feb 4, 2013
stop talkin dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
His kids will be changing schools.
Apparently he likes his house and makes enough to pay the ridiculous taxes and National grid.
A family moving into the valley would be retarded to buy a house in Herkimer.
Guaranteed in September IF that merger goes through his children ARE STILL IN HERKIMER! Wait and watch!
absolutely

Saugerties, NY

#42 Feb 4, 2013
Once Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Guaranteed in September IF that merger goes through his children ARE STILL IN HERKIMER! Wait and watch!
Of course because it's such a wonderful system...

If I were superintendent I wouldn't want my kids going to my school. But in this case I'd have to move them over. He'll move them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 31 min Truth Be Told 258
YOU CAN BE the mayor of herkimer and lead a bu... 5 hr Johnny Jihadi 2
Who really runs the Village 10 hr spock neutering ... 26
think SPRING lets have a raffle GLORY DAZE.. KU... 11 hr areuda fooll 1
is it time for elected to call it quits SHERIFF... 12 hr beyondthe first a... 1
Farber stole evidence from evidence room 13 hr Hadit 24
What is wrong with herkimer mayor 13 hr PUPPY or child 30
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:27 am PST