Is Judge John Crandall fair toward fo...

Is Judge John Crandall fair toward former police officers

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

The way it is

Potsdam, NY

#1 Jun 5, 2014
A shooting happened in July 2012 in a motel in Old Forge, NY.

Leach, a former police officer, claims to have a history of nightmares, where an intruder would appear. Is this documented beyond his verbal claims? Was he treated by a professional for any conditions? As a police officer, he shot and killed a teenage girl in 1975. He subsequently refused treatment related to the shooting.

In July 2012, Leach shoots and kills his son in a motel room late at night and in the dark. Leach told the 911 dispatcher an intruder was in his room and he had no idea who he shot. That seems odd because a rational person, especially a former police officer, would turn the lights on to see if an intruder was really there and if any further threat still existed prior to calling 911.

Back in Dec 2013, the trial was adjourned indefinitely so Leach could be evaluated by professionals. How many defendants receive this break in time from court for psychological evaluation?

Leach will receive only six months in jail and five years of probation in a sentence from Herkimer County Court Judge John Crandall. Does this sound reasonable and similar to what an ordinary citizen would likely receive in a similar case? Will Leach's gun permit be revoked? Will he continue to own firearms?

Interestingly, Anthony Randazzo, a former NYS Trooper, shot and killed a dog on a public walking trail near Utica in Aug 2011. Randazzo claimed the dog was aggressive toward him. Randazzo continued to shoot the dog through the back while standing over it and looking directly at the dog's owner (from Utica OD reports). The dog died later that day. Randazzo's married (to another man) girlfriend had an argument with the dog's owner the day before on the walking trail. Herkimer County Court Judge John Crandall found Randazzo not guilty of felony aggravated animal cruelty and misdemeanor animal abuse.

Does Judge John Crandall give former police officers preferential treatment? It would appear so. It may be time for Judge Crandall to go.
Guide

Springfield, NJ

#2 Jun 5, 2014
Get rid of his BFF carpenter
wow

Minoa, NY

#3 Jun 5, 2014
Judge john Crandall is a dirty corrupt piece of shit that belongs BEHIND Bars with his corrupt cops, lawyers and judges.
wow

Minoa, NY

#4 Jun 5, 2014
Crandall and aney need to GO!
barfly

Newport, NY

#5 Jun 6, 2014
wow wrote:
Crandall and aney need to GO!
and take little brennan also
FruitFly

Little Falls, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2014
wow wrote:
Judge john Crandall is a dirty corrupt piece of shit that belongs BEHIND Bars with his corrupt cops, lawyers and judges.
Take Jeff.(Mr Coruption ) Carpenter as well . Just call him Mr Favors.
ExTrooper

Little Falls, NY

#7 Jun 10, 2014
As long as I break the law , I'm golden in Herkimer County Court. I can get anything pled down. Us corrupties have to stick together.
Too bad

Potsdam, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2014
ExTrooper wrote:
As long as I break the law , I'm golden in Herkimer County Court. I can get anything pled down. Us corrupties have to stick together.
Seems true, albeit sad.

When will the citizens of Herkimer County stand up and toss Crandall out on his arse?
Notrials

Ardsley, NY

#9 Jun 12, 2014
Feel free to break the law. Hire GA. He'll make his puppets ( Judge Crandall and Jeff ( Mr corruption) carpenter will reduce your murder sentence to probation. I'm beginning to wonder if either of these knuckleheads have the ability to conduct a trial.
Crow

Ardsley, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2014
Too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems true, albeit sad.
When will the citizens of Herkimer County stand up and toss Crandall out on his arse?
soon as we wake up stop supporting them . As soon as thier is an attorney with integrity and courage to uphold the law
PigeonTowed

Ardsley, NY

#11 Jun 20, 2014
Same corruption
Same incompetence
Same lack of integrity
Same lack fairness
Same nonsense
Same disfunction
Same corrupt families
No end in sight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another Year for Macri 2 hr 23flty 4
The Good Ol'Boys favorite Coward refuses to debate 2 hr Broke Back Mountain 6
SKOOL CHECK SITE free 11 hr IGOT knoname 1
Carpenter Signs. " It's a matter of public safe... 13 hr RadarLove 31
DA Race 17 hr NoIsYes 12
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) 20 hr Amy 326
MAB air solutions LLC 20 hr Joe 12

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance