Herkimer senior wins Congressional Art Competition

May 18, 2013 Full story: WKTV 16

Congressman Richard Hanna stopped by Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute on Saturday and will be taking some artwork with him back to Washington.

Full Story
congratulations

Herkimer, NY

#1 May 18, 2013
Congratulations Christina Chilelli. She is a great example of what a student can do in Herkimer High School if they want to apply themselves. Proof that even at a smaller, less affluent school those who want to learn will learn. (And those who do not will not - even if you merge and throw money in for administrators to waste). Herkimer Magician Cristina Chilelli, congratulations.
Great example

Watertown, NY

#2 May 19, 2013
This is one more example of the many people we have to be proud of in he Mohawk Valley! Congratulations to Christina for her selection!
sunday

Wilbraham, MA

#3 May 19, 2013
I seen the picture, its beautiful! Great job
wondering

Stephentown, NY

#4 May 19, 2013
Does the high school offer art any more?
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#5 May 19, 2013
Of course it does. Dmbass
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#6 May 19, 2013
In fact, a glass artist came in this month for I think a week to work with art students and have them do their own glass art by melting glass in different ways. And no dmbass, not to make glads pipes - I know such stupid comments will come from idiot pro-mergers just looking for an 'I told you so'. Guess what. WE told you so.
too funny

Stephentown, NY

#7 May 19, 2013
herkimer wrote:
Of course it does. Dmbass
Of course we offer art. It's so obvious with all we offer our kids these days at Herkimer.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#8 May 19, 2013
I don't get your sarcasm. The kids are offered quite a bit still. Some kids have no study halls at all because they choose to take courses instead. Those who have 2 or 3 study halls, well what can you say about these kids. Just look at them. They'd be like that even at a three-merged school.
do you get this

Stephentown, NY

#9 May 20, 2013
Tutty's remarks after the merger vote...

"Do we continue to cut or do we continue to raise taxes above the 2%? You can't have both," Tutty said. "You can't have what we have now, which isn't even what we had 5 years ago."

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/175487731.html
ok then

United States

#10 May 20, 2013
do you get this wrote:
Tutty's remarks after the merger vote...

"Do we continue to cut or do we continue to raise taxes above the 2%? You can't have both," Tutty said. "You can't have what we have now, which isn't even what we had 5 years ago."

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/175487731.html
Nobody said it would be free.
do you get this

Stephentown, NY

#11 May 20, 2013
ok then wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said it would be free.
Free??? We pay more than last year and we get less.

Is that your plan for next year too?

This is too dumb.
punk in drublic

Little Falls, NY

#12 May 20, 2013
Rad painting! It's nice to see something positive in the news related to Herkimer.
agreed

Stephentown, NY

#13 May 20, 2013
punk in drublic wrote:
Rad painting! It's nice to see something positive in the news related to Herkimer.
unusual too.
punk in drublic

Little Falls, NY

#14 May 21, 2013
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
unusual too.
Indeed!
Reality check

Little Falls, NY

#15 May 21, 2013
Way to go herkimer art dept. and Christina. Look around you. The arts employ most of the population. Look at one Hollywood movie.....hundreds of art jobs in the credits. Also, advertising, labeling, music industry. We need more artists than football players. However, we do need an outlet for teenage boys!
art is a frill

Anonymous Proxy

#16 May 21, 2013
All said and done that field is a complete waste of time, a total joke that goes no where!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr lnow 21 min Nasty Man 5
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 1 hr herkimer 64
kiarra premo 1 hr stupidcunt 7
Ruggerio's 3 hr stinky pete 2
Need a man. Wed mtgcdjfl 6
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? Wed catch up 93
What did Ex-Ilion investigator PAUL ROSE reciev... Wed The Truth 8
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:44 pm PST