First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bless you

Raymond, NH

#41 Nov 12, 2012
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Herkimer's culture is actually vastly different than West Canada and New Hartford. Herkimer residents as a whole are pretty uneducated and place a low value on academics that require real effort.
Are there some bad teachers, yeah, but student apathy plays a much larger role. If no child could pass with decent scores you might have a point, but some kids do very well and without the help of a tutor. Blaming teachers for everything is a bad move.
And I am perfectly capable of comparing my "brilliance" with state expectations and knowledge compared with state expectations and kids from higher ranked districts. It's not a difficult thing to do.
So you left Herkimer and are attending what community college?
okk

Feura Bush, NY

#42 Nov 12, 2012
DBH wrote:
<quoted text>
I also passed with flying colors and have degrees from a top 20 ranked university. You most certainly do have teachers who are unable to teach the course material effectively. How else does the district's academic performance rank 388 out of 430 upstate New York school districts ? You think they ended up there overnight or by accident ? Exactly what are you comparing your brilliance to ? Got news for you kid...the world does not relish advice from the bottom 10%.
West Canada placed 131. You trying to tell me that kids 15-20 miles away are magically wonderful students and they do not have weak students ? What about New Hartford ? 30 miles away !
This is not your parent's world and colleges and employers want what they can get in the rest of the world.......multiple languages, advanced math, advanced science, and advanced technology skills. You obviously have teachers that cannot teach Regents and ELA material as effectively as other upstate New York teachers. If anything, tutors have been propping up Herkimer's academic performance. But this is a curriculum and teacher placement issue, not a student issue.
Were the teachers bad 10,15,20 years ago???
okk

Feura Bush, NY

#43 Nov 12, 2012
Bless you wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I know who your messing with and she's not in a community college. Have fun with this discussion.
Nope

Buffalo, NY

#44 Nov 13, 2012
Bless you wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't attend a community college
notice karma

Frankfort, NY

#45 Nov 14, 2012
Herkimer is so smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RCIL in Herkimer 1 hr HITLERwasRIGHT 6
its the ROBIN -aka batman RISI COP - NOT THE CI... 1 hr TINBADGE 2
herkimer fire dept to consolidate 2 hr tightdrawers 31
Herkimer high sports 6 hr Larry junior 59
Marc Butler, 20 years later, what's changed? 11 hr BetterLate 14
Carpenter, Herkimer Counties Criminal Advocate 11 hr Finally 24
Our Mayor Is Out Of Control Mon richtofen 106
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages