Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

I feel both sides truly cared about the kids school and the community. Theres answers work together!!
idea

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

I truly feel that the school board and the superintendent have sole power on what can be done. Everyone else has opinions that they themselves cannot implement even if they wanted to. The best thing to do is let the school board members know that we stand by them during the negotiations of teachers contracts and will not be offended at all when they negotiate slight paycuts and slight lessening of the benefits package, or increases in their share of their premiums. That would be the best start. Then and only then will any decreases in the children's programs be tolerated by the community. Don't take away programs at the cost of lining people's pockets even more. If the board can't do that then perhaps it's time for new board members.
ole timer

Northville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

What makes you think the teachers will agree to
pay cuts, increased insurance premiums and a
lessening of their benefits package? If the
teachers refuse, the worst they will get are the
benefits of the last contract. If you were a
teacher, would you accept all the losses you are
proposing? I'm sure in your line of work you
would accept less pay , decreased benefits and
an increase in your health contributions! I think
you had better run for the BOE and bring about all
of these changes.
U ole timer

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

U feel better now
idea

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

I think I will run for one of the BOE seats this spring along with a colleague who has the same morals and ideals who will run for the other seat up for grabs. Alone I am just one and will not be able to get anything done because I am just one vote against those in the existing social club that is now called the Herkimer Board of Education. then we will have two solid levelheaded people who can and will make a difference by pulling one or two others away from Cipriano's ass. Eventually we will become three and then four. Until then we will publicly shame those who selfishly want to take away the kids' programs without first giving something of their own. We will also disclose the buttkissing and the ongoing private favors that are plaguing the school. Salary decreases won't be popular but they are attainable at least now with the ability to hold them to their claims that they wanted to "do it for the kids". So let's see how much they really care about the kids and do it publicly. There are ways especially if they don't want certain things disclosed which we have a right and a duty to disclose unless they cooperate or at least give in just a little. Yeah, some if us know all about that and have documentation. They all know how lucky they have been, getting what they now get in a poor area. Now is our best chance to 'reason' with them especially since it just so happens that the contracts are up for negotiation. So if this school board doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done we will run for the BOE seats and others will run for the ones up for grabs the next time around. Like I said before, the only ones who can do anything are BOE and the superintendent. All of us outsiders can only vote yes or no to whatever they say.
Too expensive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

No way...you can try to cut wages all you want but ole timer is right. Teachers won't agree. Once than impasse, they can continue with same contract for eternity if they want. You need to understand how contracts and unions work. Obviously you don't. Next?
Agree

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Too expensive wrote:
No way...you can try to cut wages all you want but ole timer is right. Teachers won't agree. Once than impasse, they can continue with same contract for eternity if they want. You need to understand how contracts and unions work. Obviously you don't. Next?
So true. The people who talk about teachers taking pay & benefits cuts do not understand the process of collective bargaining in a pro-labor environment and in particular, with a pro-union administration in office. Look at some if the things the NLRB is trying to do. Read up & you will see things like "binding arbitration" that is even more aggressive than ever. The likelihood of getting concessions through collective bargaining just dropped significantly with this last election too. So to think we can simply enforce cuts to total comp packages is a pipe dream. In addition, it does no good to "hold out" because if an arbitrator has to come in to prevent impasse, history shows they typically side with an agreement that is favorable for the labor side (and it's legally binding by the way). The solutions need to come through program cuts unfortunately, and alternative out of the box thinking - service sharing, charter opportunities, etc. No one knows the true formula yet, aside from merging and even that was not a guarantee, but banking on givebacks from teachers is NOT a good strategy.
wow

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

you just have to stand up to the teachers union and say would you rather have 10 teachers out of wort or take a pay cut. I agree with idea and would back him .
Realist

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

That's not the way that it works.
aint happening

Cooperstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Our teachers already make the bottom of the barrel pay.

Either the tax cap is lifted and big tax increases take effect or cuts to the bone are going to be made. Guess what? Tax cap is not getting lifted. We are screwed.
Relax

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

The sky isn't falling. Has NYS been so fiscally irresponsible that we lack funding for our schools? What could be more important than our children? If Albany can find 30% to add to the State Pension fund. It doesn't seem so difficult to fund our children's education now does it? Because after all .... It is about the kids right? To the realist, maybe it's time for things to start working differently.If we can solve our nations health care problem, education should be a snap.Because we know teachers don't make anywhere near what doctors do.
SURE THING

Cooperstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Relax wrote:
The sky isn't falling. Has NYS been so fiscally irresponsible that we lack funding for our schools? What could be more important than our children? If Albany can find 30% to add to the State Pension fund. It doesn't seem so difficult to fund our children's education now does it? Because after all .... It is about the kids right? To the realist, maybe it's time for things to start working differently.If we can solve our nations health care problem, education should be a snap.Because we know teachers don't make anywhere near what doctors do.
"It's about the kids right?" Put a sock in it.

If the state feels a merged system is more efficient and you tell them we don't want to lose your colors "AND" more importantly our 5th graders doesn't want to change schools, the state is not going to say; "oh that's different".

It's an adult decision, if you choose to listen to children, if you choose to keep our colors and if you believe it's about the children, WE PAY.
The State

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

SURE THING wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's about the kids right?" Put a sock in it.
If the state feels a merged system is more efficient and you tell them we don't want to lose your colors "AND" more importantly our 5th graders doesn't want to change schools, the state is not going to say; "oh that's different".
It's an adult decision, if you choose to listen to children, if you choose to keep our colors and if you believe it's about the children, WE PAY.
"The State" has not come to us and "told us" to merge. They did not come to us and "tell us to do a merger study!" The Ilion Super wrote the grant for the study with Mohawk! It had nothing to do with us! Suddenly wonderful Cosimo saw a bigger pay scale for himself and came to Herkimer too. Stop saying "the state" came to us or "the state" is making us!!!! Every State representative I speak to laughs at that idea! Get the facts!
Merger Minder

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

kids won't learn no matter where they go. just want drugs and to fight
Nope

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

The State wrote:
<quoted text>
"The State" has not come to us and "told us" to merge. They did not come to us and "tell us to do a merger study!" The Ilion Super wrote the grant for the study with Mohawk! It had nothing to do with us! Suddenly wonderful Cosimo saw a bigger pay scale for himself and came to Herkimer too. Stop saying "the state" came to us or "the state" is making us!!!! Every State representative I speak to laughs at that idea! Get the facts!
You're only correct if by "Cosimo saw a bigger pay scale for himself and came to Herkimer" you really mean "Herkimer administrators asked to get in on it."

Conspiracy theories are the best when restricted to the subject of aliens, but I'll grab you a roll of aluminum foil regardless. I'm nice like that.
SURE THING

Chepachet, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

The State wrote:
<quoted text>
You're clueless. State rep's you speak to...make me laugh.

WE ASKED!!!
Wonderful Cosimo didn't ask us to be part of the study. The study "we asked" to be part of showed "the state" and us a merged system was a more efficient way to do business.
unreal

Chepachet, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only correct if by "Cosimo saw a bigger pay scale for himself and came to Herkimer" you really mean "Herkimer administrators asked to get in on it."
Conspiracy theories are the best when restricted to the subject of aliens, but I'll grab you a roll of aluminum foil regardless. I'm nice like that.
they still don't understand
Resident

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn’t about Cosmo. A conspiracy implies that you guys were doing it secretly. Quite the contrary, you were doing it all in plain sight. You persist with your pompous, arrogant, condescending language that doesn’t help anything, All you can focus on now is being spiteful and vindictive and somehow making anyone and everyone pay for not agreeing with your plan. If you had addressed people’s concerns at the pre – merger meetings instead of blowing questions off because you felt they were beneath you to answer. Maybe people would have been more receptive to your ideas. The Pro-Merger people have as much blame in this argument as any NO voters. You are not above the Frey. I would suggest at this point it is clearly the Pro – Merger people who aren’t getting it. WE DIDN”T LIKE YOUR PLAN. That’s why we voted on it. REMEMBER?
screw cozmo

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

and his sazquach wife mohawk and ilion they are inbreed cousins and can have each other
voted on hope

Chepachet, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Resident wrote:
<quoted text>This isn’t about Cosmo. A conspiracy implies that you guys were doing it secretly. Quite the contrary, you were doing it all in plain sight. You persist with your pompous, arrogant, condescending language that doesn’t help anything, All you can focus on now is being spiteful and vindictive and somehow making anyone and everyone pay for not agreeing with your plan. If you had addressed people’s concerns at the pre – merger meetings instead of blowing questions off because you felt they were beneath you to answer. Maybe people would have been more receptive to your ideas. The Pro-Merger people have as much blame in this argument as any NO voters. You are not above the Frey. I would suggest at this point it is clearly the Pro – Merger people who aren’t getting it. WE DIDN”T LIKE YOUR PLAN. That’s why we voted on it. REMEMBER?
All questions were answered and in ten different ways for you impaired and selfish fks. At this point your neighbors are fked because of you and others are laughing at us.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN, WAIT AND SEE??? WE ARE FKED...Thanks a ton.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley health Schrader & Watson 3 hr Under the Sheets 174
Vince Bono is a JACKASS (Mar '13) 10 hr FED UP TAXPAYER 55
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 11 hr busy mom 84
Shear Pleasures 14 hr EverNotice 11
Debate: Ferguson - Herkimer, NY 17 hr Tawana Brawley 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr College Professor 6,391
Adult Pleasures in Little Falls (Feb '10) Mon daavy 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE